“Wonderful Downtown Hotel”

21c Museum Hotel Cincinnati
Ranked #4 of 52 Hotels in Cincinnati
Reviewed 3 March 2013

I love this beautiful brand new hotel in an art gallery setting next to a nice gastropub and around the corner to other brewpubs, coffee shops and fine dining. The workout room is decent and in-house restaurant is very good. I saved a little money parking my own car in public parking garage at Fountain Square and explored the surroundings on the way to hotel.

1  Thank Donna M
Write a ReviewReviews (1,354)

Reviewed 25 February 2013

Loved our weekend stay at 21c Hotel. The combination art gallery hotel works. They also have a wonderful restaurant called the Metropole where we dined one evening and had brunch. Overall, everything you need for a comfortable stay. Rooms were meticulously clean and spacious. Super-comfortable bed and luxurious linens. Our only complaint was the soundproofing. We heard ambient sound from a nearby disco. We called the front desk and they moved us to quieter quarters. Problem solved. We were impressed with how seamlessly this was carried out. Before our visit we also received a letter asking us if we had any particular needs. They also called upon minutes of our getting into our room to see if there was anything we needed. Fantastic service and art! Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the quiet section of the floor along the interior courtyard.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mary s
Reviewed 24 February 2013

This is better than the nicest hotel available. It has a wonderful vibe where the staff treats you like you are staying in a very ritzy hotel, but at the same time, they are very down to earth and provide for the practical desires in a hotel. No stupid dress code in the lobby, just awesome art pieces and a plastic penguin. The same bellman unloaded our bags from our vehicle and stayed with us through the check-in process and went up to our room and gave us a quick rundown of the places within the hotel that we should check out during our stay. We went exploring in our own hotel. Our 8 year old son loved the giant bean-bags on the glass floor looking up at electro-luminescent curtains spanning about 8 floors of corridor space. All of us ran up and down the hallway with moving floors! The second floor was fun to walk around on and would make a great place for a gathering. You must visit the 10th floor and walk up the stairs to the spa to see the electric grass! There are blades of grass on the walls that move as if the wind is blowing and the sounds of wind make it awesome! The room was fantastic with comfortable beds and funky tiles in the bathroom that look like a nose or lips or a breast are coming out of the walls. The room was impeccably clean and smelled more like a new apartment than a hotel. The minibar was so cheap (like I said this hotel is practical, not snooty). Also, we enjoyed the espresso maker in our room the next morning. Each time we entered or exited the building we were greeted and had the door opened for us. We ordered room service from the restaurant and were able to get the full menu delivered to our room when the room-service menu was not exactly what we were in the mood for. The TV receives HD channels unlike many hotels that have HD TVs though no HD content. While we were there, we saw everything from wild bachelorette parties, to older CEO-types, to families, and all of us seemed to be really enjoying ourselves. Did I mention that the bathroom amenities smelled like cilantro, mint and rum...fantastic!!!! Amazing!!! Won't stay anywhere else in Cincinnati.

Room Tip: we got out room on hotwire!
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank maggie w
Reviewed 23 February 2013

I just spent 3 nights on business and it was a great experience. Beautiful hotel and great service. The room was wonderful, and the food was exceptional. I highly recommend the muesli for breakfast. It almost didn't feel like a hotel. By far the best hotel in Cincinnati. Will definitely stay again. And loved the penguins....

2  Thank AlpinePrincess1
Reviewed 17 February 2013

We are regulars at the Louisville 21C and while this Cincy location has a lot to offer, there were some areas that could be improved. Our suite was spacious and clean with exquisite linens and towels. It is in the heart of downtown so lots to do. Parking was more expensive than Louisville although there is plenty of public parking around if you don't mind carrying your bag a block or two. The downside was spotty wi-fi service, a roaring noise outside our room, and a the odor from the wood burning grill in restaurant. The smell was almost overwhelming and I was glad I wasn't asthmatic. The clothes we wore are in the garage until we can take them to the cleaners.The museum part was so-so with a limited number of pieces and the main gallery was closed but I expect this will change over time. This certainly wasn't a horrible experience, but we've been to Louisville and this wasn't Louisville!

2  Thank Kidiamin
Reviewed 12 February 2013

21c in Cincinnati is perfectly situated right downtown in the midst of great entertainment options and corporate offices. The service was fantastic and the rooms have the eccentric touch you would expect if you've been to the 21c in Louisville. The traveler's dinner was just right and the room service very responsive. Could not recommend more highly, great people and ambiance!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank vansteenbergh
Reviewed 7 February 2013

I had a wonderful stay at 21c. First of all, if you love art, without a doubt you'll love this hotel because the experience is centered around beautiful art. Staying there made me feel as if I was staying at a boutique hotel in Europe, not Cincinnati. When I checked in, the hotel upgraded me to a suite at no additional charge. My suite had much more space than I needed and it had lots of subtle artistic treasures sprinkled throughout the room such as a pair of 3D lips pressing through a bathroom tile. That really gave me a good laugh! I was blown away when I found a hand written note propped up against the TV screen from the hotel's General Manager welcoming me to the hotel. Personal touches like that make me fall in love with companies. The gift shop was well curated and had fun items that are great for gifts. I ended up finding a cool gift for my boyfriend that he loved. Throughout my stay, the staff was extremely kind and helpful. My only regret was that I had to rush back home and didn't have enough time to do a full tour of the museum. I highly recommend 21c. It's a refreshing departure from the standard cookie cutter hotels.

3  Thank UCMyStyle