21c Museum Hotel Cincinnati
  • Breakfast included
  • Fitness centre
  • Room Service
1,386 results
All reviewsyellow penguinscontemporary artbody partsmetropole restaurantfun hotelrooftop barunique hoteltwo floorscool hotelaronoff centercomfortable roomfront desk staffheart of downtownvalet parkingfountain squareexhibitstiles
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 November 2013

This hotel is GORGEOUS! Absolutely amazing...
I cannot say enough good things about this hotel! My husband & I were headed to Cincy for the weekend for a wedding and opted to forgo staying at the hotel where the wedding was and splurge. Every corner you turn there was something super cool to see! The staff at the front desk was amazing, the staff at the restaurant was amazing - everyone was super attentive and very accommodating. I did have a few issues at check out, but the GM rectified the situation immediately.

First Issue: Upon checking out, we realized that the ceramic iconic "Yellow Penguin" that we had purchased as a reminder of our stay was missing from our room. We searched EVERYWHERE...behind the curtains, in all the drawers - we even had the valet bring our car down to see if possibly we had taken it to the car when we went to the wedding the day before. It was gone :( Which really put us in a SUPER awkward position - because of ALL THINGS that could have been stolen from our room...we had to report that it was something we bought there! I even considered not even mentioning that it was gone - because it felt so weird accusing someone from their staff of stealing penguin (that let's face it...they have access to everyday & shouldn't be something they would desire to have?!) & It also just made me feel like the front desk would think I was just lying to get a souvenir. AWKWARD! But the GM didn't even question it or make us feel like he even had an inkling we were being deceitful. I just makes me a BIT nervous because we had done so much shopping that weekend - I really hope there wasn't anything else missing...that I just forgot I bought. So if you stay here - utilize the safe! (& as I am writing this - I am seeing on the right rail of the screen - the review of a guy who had a $10K watch stolen...just a bit disappointing)

Other small random incidences: Our keys never worked - almost 75% of the time, when we went to get into our room, my husband had to go back downstairs to get our keys fixed. When I checked out, I asked to have my receipt emailed to me & it was so chaotic in there, due to the browns/bengals game, with people checking in - I don't think the guy got my email address correct so I never received my receipt & when he was reading to me the charges...he mentioned a few mini bar charges...that we did not have - so I would have really liked to see that receipt to confirm - everything was correct.

I know that was long winded - but OVERALL :) The hotel was awesome, BUT - as much as I HATE to say this...I really do not trust - whoever they have cleaning the rooms / providing turn down services. Next time I stay...I will likely ask for no cleaning or turn down service.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Gerry L, General Manager at 21c Museum Hotel Cincinnati, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Dear Jes W,
Thank you for taking time to share your experience with us. Glad that you found the hotel to be a mind blowing experience. We aim to make every stay memorable.
I look forward to your return to Cincinnati and to 21c.
Best,
Gerry

Reviewed 14 November 2013

Please read this and learn from my mistake. I stayed at this hotel for business as I do many hotels around the country. Nice please, friendly staff, etc. All that you would expect from a higher end hotel accept for one thing: On the day I checked out I left two things in my room; A phone charger and a very expensive watch. It was a very busy morning, I left in a hurry and left both on the table. A few hours later I realized my watch was not on my wrist and new right away where it was. I was still in downtown so I went back to the hotel. Well guess which of the two items they had? Yup watch gone. The hotel swore up and down they would get to the bottom of this "We will do everything we can to make this right" I was told. After a few weeks they did nothing. Now I bear some blame in this, leaving a $10,000 watch in my room, but shouldn't your belongings be safe no matter what? Please to all who use this site, when you travel use the safe, ALWAYS.! Or avoid this hotel when in Cincinnati.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
5  Thank James P

Dear James - The safety and security of our guests is always our top priority. As discussed in our previous conversations, our team has done everything possible - in cooperation with the Cincinnati Police Department - to investigate your claim. I apologize that they were not able to resolve to your liking. Please feel free to reach out to me directly at glink@21cHotels.com if you have additional information to share.

Kind regards,

Gerry Link
21c Museum Hotel Cincinnati

Reviewed 14 November 2013

21c Museum Hotel has all of the benefits you would expect from a quality hotel experience - friendly, attentive front desk staff, great location, and clean, comfortable rooms, but they don't stop there. They kick if up a notch with their modern flair including hip decor, two floors of gallery space and these yellow penguin sculptures that "migrate" around the hotel. It is a unique, fun hotel experience that I would highly recommend!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank MrRogers4
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Location outstanding. Close to Fountain Square, Aranoff Center, Taft Theatre, and everything else that matters downtown. Check in a breeze. Decor incredible. Museum component a must see. Fit and finish is sheer perfection.

Our room was on the tenth floor and neat as a pin. Bedding extremely comfortable. Nice closet space and a perfectly adequate bathroom with walk in shower and single sink. HVAC a bit noisy but tolerable. Minimally and tastefully decorated. Everything one would expect in a luxury boutique.

The common areas are worth the price of admission. This is a retro fit that looks and feels as if no expense was spared. The gym is fully equipped and quite spacious.

The bar and restaurant are off the charts. Service, style, innovation, and a fun vibe that can't be beat. This is the premier property in Cincy. Run and see for yourselves. Please.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank OhioMaranello
Reviewed 11 November 2013

My husband and I recently spent 4 nights at the 21c Museum Hotel in Cincinnati. This is a fantastic property: well-designed, extremely comfortable rooms, engaging and friendly staff, and a progressive, farm-to-table restaurant on site. I was deeply impressed with 21c's dedication to art and their understanding that art is an important component of urban revival. The artwork in the hotel was nicely curated, with some serious pieces, many innovative works, and a very happy nod to the fact that art can make us smile. The fun life-size yellow penguins that regularly appeared all around the property absolutely made my day. Congratulations, 21c. Well done! We will definitely look to stay here in Cincinnati, or at any of the other 21c properties, again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business