“Not Your Boring Basic Hotel”

21c Museum Hotel Cincinnati
Ranked #4 of 52 Hotels in Cincinnati
Reviewed 29 December 2013

A great boutique hotel in Downtown Cincinnati. Super friendly staff. Well designed in a simplistic style. Art Gallery throughout facility. Plus there are large yellow penguins that roam throughout the hotel. The only complaint from our group was the pillows were to puffy and most of us woke up with sore necks. They have a spa and wonderful bar/restaurant. Can't say enough nice things and can't wait to stay there again.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Gerry L, General Manager at 21c Museum Hotel Cincinnati, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

Dear Mitchel L,
Thank you for taking time to share your experiences from your recent stay. I am glad that you enjoyed the museum and the art, and most certainly that you enjoyed the yellow penguins. I appreciate your comments about the pillows and we will have options for you on your next visit.
Once again, thank you.
All the best.
Gerry

Write a ReviewReviews (1,350)

Reviewed 23 December 2013

Wonderful hotel located in the heart of downtown Cincinnati. The room (luxury queen suite) was spacious, clean, and very well appointed. Beyond the amenities and very fun decor, though, the staff is who make this hotel really stand out !! EVERY staff member we encountered - the valets, the doormen, the maids, the bar hostess and waitress, and, of course, the front desk staff - were friendly, helpful, courteous, and professional. I can only imagine how well these people are treated by their managers/bosses to produce such a welcoming and inviting atmosphere. They all really seem to love their jobs, and it shows ! They genuinely want you to enjoy your stay, so they all go above and beyond to make sure you do !!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank JulianneB10
Gerry L, General Manager at 21c Museum Hotel Cincinnati, responded to this reviewResponded 24 December 2013

Dear JulianneB10,
It is so wonderful to learn that you enjoyed your recent stay at 21c Cincinnati. We are all glad that you found our team to be genuine in their interactions with you and your family. The team will be delighted that you found us to be friendly, helpful, courteous and professional. On behalf of all of us at 21c we look forward to seeing again soon in Cincinnati or any of our other locations.
Thank you for taking time to share your experience with us.

Reviewed 19 December 2013

This hotel is awesome. You are drawn into the coolness the moment you walk through the doors. I have stayed here multiple times and each time the staff goes above and beyond what I have seen at other hotels. The rooms are unique, spotless, and most of all comfortable.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Gerry L, General Manager at 21c Museum Hotel Cincinnati, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2013

Dear Rob D.,
It is so good to hear that you enjoyed your most recent stay at 21c Cincinnati. Thank you for your continued support of the property. We are delighted that you enjoyed our unique atmosphere and found the hotel to be comfortable and spotless.
We look forward to your return and to being able to continue to provide an awesome experience.

Reviewed 15 December 2013

I booked this hotel because it is directly across from Aronoff Center, where we were attending a concert, and decided to spend the day in Cincinnati. I am SO happy with this hotel! Everything was wonderful...valet parking; the room was beautiful and spacious, and the service is incredible. The art in the space makes it even more fun! And, the location...you cannot beat it! We WILL be back to this hotel!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Gerry L, General Manager at 21c Museum Hotel Cincinnati, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2013

Dear compucandi,
It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your recent visit to Cincinnati and 21c. That you were able to take advantage of our convenient location to the Aronoff Center is good to know. It is even better to learn that you appreciated the art throughout the property,and that our staff made your experience more enjoyable. I will be sure to share your comments with the Team.
We look forward to your return to Cincinnati and to 21c.

Reviewed 8 December 2013

I stayed here for work a few times this spring/summer - from opening to it becoming a hit hotel. If it weren't for my addiction to a loyalty program of another nearby hotel, I would've made this my default for Cincy.

The lower floors of the hotel are a great museum/art gallery. A troupe of penguin statues move around the hotel adding additional whimsy. Art and unique touches are spread throughout the hotel, from the halls to the tiles with body parts on them in the bathroom.

The rooms are spacious and quite comfortable. In nearly every case, I had a nice big bathroom, and a room that had both a king bed and sizable sitting/desk area. The toiletries are also awesome.

The hotel's staff were always helpful and gracious. For my early trips there, I was a nursing mother, and after a quick email, there was always a fridge waiting for me in my room. On another trip, I had a long conversation about the penguins with another staff member.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Gerry L, General Manager at 21c Museum Hotel Cincinnati, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Dear CAHoya,
It is so wonderful to hear of your experiences at 21c Cincinnati. We are delighted that our team provided great service and were able to deliver on our unique atmosphere for you. We look forward to your return and to providing more one of a kind memories from our property and our team.

Reviewed 6 December 2013

It's been a while since I've been in Cincinnati, and I was AMAZED at the transformation of downtown. This hotel pretty much says it all -- cool, hip, but respectful of tradition. They've done a wonderful job rehabbing and modernizing a vintage building downtown, and created a world-class boutique hotel. It is ultramodern and artsy inside, and just super cool -- really fun to check out the artwork, and it seems like every room is different. My room was super clean and quiet, and the bathroom in particular was large and modern. And the staff couldn't have been nicer or more accommodating. I was there on business and they had a very convenient business center to print out my papers. My only (minor) grievance is that the power control in the room was kind of funky; I thought I was recharging my phone all night, but I think I turned off that power switch when I turned out the light -- maybe a little more guidance on what switches control what outlets and lamps would be helpful. I really didn't want to go, and am now trying to figure out ways to get back to Cincinnati to stay here again. One of my favorite hotels EVER.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank 27Quincy
Gerry L, General Manager at 21c Museum Hotel Cincinnati, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2013

Dear 27Quincy,
Thank you for sharing your experiences from your recent stay at 21c. We are glad that you enjoyed the transformation of downtown. It is exciting to learn that you enjoyed the art, the rooms and Metropole. Your comments are appreciated. We hope to remain your favorite hotel, ever.

Reviewed 5 December 2013

We came back to 21c for our anniversary and were not disappointed. This year The Spa was open and the Metropole was able to offer room service. Unless you want to do something else around town, now there's no reason to leave the hotel. We'll be coming back each year for our anniversary!

Room Tip: No tip needed - every room is great.