“Artful Hospitality”

Ranked #4 of 49 Hotels in Cincinnati
Aurora, Illinois
“Artful Hospitality”
Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

My wife and I never seem to time these things right.

I left work at 6 and by 6:15 we were on the road for Cincinnati. However, that happened to be the night all road work started between suburban Chicago and southwestern Ohio. Add to that a random police exercise on the interstate at 12:15, and the first we saw of 21c was the night staff at 1:30.

The front desk staff were top notch, saw how extremely exhausted we were, and offered us a late check-out. I was ready to hug every last one of them (both from gratitude and delirium).

The whole hotel is a magnificent surprise. Art fills every corner, and you could spend hours looking at everything getting up to your room. Even the elevators are art pieces, using your existence as a live exhibit. It's beautiful and intriguing.

The beds were sublimely comfortable. I had arranged for a bottle of wine to be chilled in our room. This was on the minimalist end of such services offered. Chocolates, dried fruit, a masseuse, and cheese trays were other options we could have enjoyed upon arrival. A handwritten note from "Gerry" accompanied the scene and was a nice touch.

Everything at 21c seems meticulously thought out. The bath products were perfect, and little luxuries like robes were conveniently placed. Even in the gym, I found a bowl of disposable headphones to use in place of the ones I'd forgotten.

My wife and I will hopefully stay at 21c again when we have more time to savour the art and amenities. I can't imagine staying anywhere else in Cincinnati.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Gerry L, General Manager at 21c Museum Hotel Cincinnati, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Dear John W.,
Glad to hear that the team came through for you after a long and eventful journey to Cincinnati. Thank you for taking time to let us know about your experience. Your comments will be shared with the team. We are delighted that you enjoyed the property - from the art, to the rooms and to Metropole. We are looking forward to your return to 21c. See you soon!
Gerry

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
  • Korean first
charlotte
Reviewed 5 May 2014

You immediately feel like your in NYC when you step in. The hotel (visit site) is an exciting place to visit. The art is interactive and sits in every corner of the hotel. The staff is genuine and kind. You'll find a special boutique feel while experiencing a 5 star hotel quality. Julie at the front desk as an example learns your name and makes everyone feel like a VIP. This is echoed in other associates as well.

The rooms are 6 star! Shower (again with surprise art built in) are fantastic and the bests are amazing for sleep. You can't go wrong and can't imagine not staying here. The best hotel in Cinci for sure.

The only suggestions are the following:

1. Ask for a room not facing the main road. Because they're doing construction it can be loud late at night.

2. Breakfast is worth a 1 minute walk down to First Watch (name of restaurant). Past two trips have been disappointed both in the quality and service at the property restaurant for breakfast. Dinner is upscale and fantastic as well as bar. Just breakfast staff unfortunately.

Highly recommend you book here.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank brianparsley
Gerry L, General Manager at 21c Museum Hotel Cincinnati, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Dear brianparsley,
It is so wonderful to learn that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We will certainly share your comments with the team, especially Julie, how their warmth and caring came through to make positive memories.
We look forward to your next visit to Cincinnati and to 21c.
Delaware, Ohio, United States
Reviewed 4 May 2014

My husband and I just returned from experiencing the BabyMoon package offered by 21c Museum Hotel in Cincinnati. It was an amazing experience, and it wasn't just because the twin toddlers got left at home! First, the hotel is the perfect location in downtown Cincinnati. Very close to Fountain Square, theatre, art galleries and great restaurants. Second, the level of service was stellar at every turn. I don't think we ever walked through a door without someone hustling to open it for us.

The first two floors of the hotel are a modern art gallery, and the entire experience is very quirky and artsy. There are migrating penguins, minimalist room decor and many tongue-in-cheek details. The Spa at 21c gave me one of the best massages I've ever had, and even there, the experience was above and beyond. In addition to the massage, they have private showers available for afterward including any toiletries you could need and a robe to wear as you return to your room completely relaxed. The BabyMoon package also included two drinks at the Metropole bar downstairs for my husband (the Daddy-to-be) which he thoroughly enjoyed.

Overall this was a fantastic Cincinnati experience, and we look forward to going back for more than one night next time!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Gerry L, General Manager at 21c Museum Hotel Cincinnati, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Dear Tara S.,
We are delighted to learn that you and your husband enjoyed the BabyMoon package at 21c. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. It is so good to know that our service was on point and that the property provided great memories for you. We look forward to your next visit and return to 21c.
Reviewed 29 April 2014

The 21c was our little oasis. The rooms are modern, funky and super comfortable. Plus, it was so much fun to wind down our evening by grabbing a drink from the restaurant next door and walking around the hotel to look at the art exhibits!

Even if it weren't for the beautiful rooms we would be back for the great level of service from each staff person we encountered. While the hotel has in-room coffee, I wanted a specific coffee drink one morning and when I inquired at the front desk as to where the closest coffee house was, the manager personally walked me there as it was tucked away in an office building and difficult to find. When we checked-out, we asked the valet for directions. He had someone from the hotel run a map out to us that was highlighted with our route.

What a wonderful stay!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank shimmykimmi
Gerry L, General Manager at 21c Museum Hotel Cincinnati, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Dear shimmykimmi,
Thank you, so very much, for sharing your recent experience at 21c. We are delighted to learn that the team went above and beyond during your stay. Also, we are glad you were able to locate the special coffee beverage. We look forward to your return to 21c and to Cincinnati.
Reviewed 29 April 2014

The best experience with any hotel that I have had in my lifetime. The service and attention to detail at 21C was one that is completely unparalleled. I called the Cincinnati 21C location to inquire about their engagement packages upon seeing some information online. I spoke with Morgan and began planning my event.

The planning involved me framing some pictures of my girlfriend and myself and placing them in the trunk of my car, to be retrieved by the hotel staff during our dinner at The Metropole. Astounding food with wonderful service as well. I typically drink 4-5 glasses of water during dinner and my water glass never went below half due to the great attention to detail from the waiter and service staff. The food came out within 15 minutes of ordering on a Friday night at 7pm, fresh, hot, and delicious.

While we were at dinner, the hotel staff went to my car and retrieved the pictures as planned. The room was set up with rose petals on the floor, around a table with our pictures, champagne was added to our room as part of the package, and "I love you" in rose petals on the bed. After dinner, my girlfriend (soon to be fiancee) and myself went back up to the room and it was laid out perfectly.

The next morning we asked for a breakfast restaurant to visit and had several options from the hotel staff at the front desk. We chose Taste of Belgium. Great, hearty food for very reasonable prices. We then visited The Spa for a couples' Swedish Massage. I have received around 20-30 massages from approximately 4 to 5 different businesses, and this massage was by far the best one I have received. I was completely blown away with how relaxing the entire experience was. Hot towels, wonderful lavender oil, and a steam shower to end the massage (if you would like). A soothing and fantastic way to start off the day after an engagement and before we start to venture around downtown Cincinnati.

Pictures attached of the room!

Pros:
Everything
Attention to detail
Friendliness
Cleanliness of hotel and room
Checking up on us to see if there could be any additional services provided
Knowledge of the area

Cons:
Not being able to stay longer

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Dominic L
Gerry L, General Manager at 21c Museum Hotel Cincinnati, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Dear Dominic L,
Wow! It is so great to hear that all of the team, especially Morgan, came through for you on such a special occasion. Congratulations! We are thrilled to have been a part of such a wonderful event. Thank you for sharing your experience and how all of the pieces came together for you. Please know that we will share this with our Team and they will be just as excited as you are, I am sure.
We look forward to your return to 21c, honeymoon perhaps?
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel for a week, and I received the best service I've ever experienced at a US hotel. The gentlemen outside of the hotel that ran the valet were great. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful. The employees make you feel like a VIP!
The rooms were nice, clean and well appointed.
The location is excellent. Right in the middle of a Downtown Cincinnati, across from the Aranoff Theatre.
I would gladly recommend anyone to stay at this hotel!

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KarynFrost
Dear KarynFrost,
Thank you, so very much, for sharing your recent experience at 21c. We are glad to hear that the team was able to make you feel like a VIP! It is also good to know that our location was good for you so that you could enjoy downtown. We look forward to your return to Cincinnati and to 21c.
Cleveland
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Amazing property! I was very impressed by the level of comfort and service at this unique hotel. The museum aspect was a welcome surprise. Be sure to spend some time exploring the space...it's worth it. Best part? MALIN AND GOETZ PRODUCTS!!!!!! I will be back soon!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank RandT3
Gerry L, General Manager at 21c Museum Hotel Cincinnati, responded to this review, 27 April 2014
Dear RandT3,
It is wonderful to learn that you enjoyed your recent visit to 21c. Thank you for sharing your experience. We are delighted that you found the museum, hotel and Metropole to be amazing. As for more properties like this, we look forward to seeing you in Louisville, Bentonville, and certainly back in Cincinnati. Also, we are coming soon to Durham and Lexington.