“A sure favorite.” 4 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings
Cincinnati, oh
“A sure favorite.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

I could go on and on about this place. I have never been disappointed with a meal and my sister says it's her all time favorite in the whole of Cincinnati. Very reasonably priced with free rosemary herb bread and dipping oil to start....even free desert on your birthday. It usually gets very busy on a Friday and Saturday evenings so there will be a wait unless you make a reservation, or you can sit at the bar while you wait, and for some reason, my wait has never been as long as they say.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank BeladonaUK

Cincinnati, Ohio
“Worst Lasagna in Cincinnati - Beware - Don't order the Lasagna”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

We visited the macaroni grill yesterday, 10/19/2013 for the 1st time ever - never again....I ordered the bolognese Lasagna and my wife had pick three pasta dish with add on's. Both entree's were served in these large bowls. My Lasagna seem to be served hot at least the plate was pipping hot but the actual lasagna was cold in the center and there was a lot of chopped tomatoes and sauce covering the actual entree. My wife's pasta which was angel hair was actually quite delightful and tasty. The ideal that my entree was served cold and not cook properly was aggravating then was offered another dish which I ordered fettuccine alfredo which was quite good. Our server did greet us by writing her name on our table and made us feel welcome with her presence at ordering and to give us the check. We were surprised that no manager ever visited out table nor did the server ever come back to see how our meals were after it was served by the server assistant. - We found it strange that we had to wave down another server to get refills for our drinks as well. I did visit the restroom at this Macaroni grill which was very clean and tidy. While using the restaurant facilities I did learn a few new Italian words which was piped into the restroom. This was quite unique as I thought. The restaurant was quite packed that night and the rest of the staff seem to be happy in mood and always on the go but working as a team.

• Visited October 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Travelone_intl
Ashburn, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2013

The food and service were excellent at this Macaroni Grill. Very impressed! Wine was half price and the children's menu was good enough for the adults to eat from. High quality children's pizza.

Visited August 2013
Cincinnati
“Anniversary - Italian Style”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2013

My better half loves Italian food. My former boss is a Jersey-born Italian. I'm surrounded! But, after visiting Romano's Macaroni Grill, I must admit, I'm starting to like what the Italians are bringing to the table, these days!

We visited on July 9, 2013 at 2:20pm for late lunch. Caitlin P. waited on us and provided entertaining and expert service! We immediately began drawing on the paper table cloth and before she could finish asking, "Are we celebrating anything this afternoon," she looked down and smiled, realizing it was an anniversary celebration. Caitlin's personality was just delightful and she was engaging and professional. We could not have asked for a better server, that provided us with prompt and anticipatory service.

We both had the afternoon off, so we settled in for a long, leisurely lunch celebration. Choose 2 Tapas started us off with the Stuffed Mushrooms and Goat Cheese Peppadew Peppers. For $9.00 we received an adequate sampling of both. The mushrooms were plump and stuffed with sausage, goat cheese and spinach. The peppers were crisp and filled with creamy goat cheese.

On to the main plate! my handsome date ordered Mama's Trio ($16.00) and I ordered the Lasagna Bolognese ($11.00). We both added a fresh salad to round out the selections, too. The Mama's Trio offered up more than generous portions of: chicken Parmesan, lasagna bolognese and chicken with mushroom cannelloni. I must admit, I was a bit jealous for not being more adventurous. However, the Lasagna Bolognese did not disappoint! It stood tall on the plate and all the flavors of sauces, sausage and ricotta were delicious. The noodles were cooked to perfection, not soggy or mushy.

We finished the meal by sharing a serving of Cannoli ($5.00) which arrived pleasantly plated as three (3) smaller cannoli's oozing ricotta, chocolate chip and pistachio goodness and topped with a sifting of confectioner's sugar.

Satisfied, beyond measure, we walked out, each with a tin of left-overs. The portion sizes are good to generous at this restaurant. Our total bill, for two adults, was $49.79 (not including our very healthy tip to a great server). Water with lemon is complimentary. Iced tea is $2.75. All in all, we felt this was a wonderful value and dining experience that made us feel as if we were in a much more expensive restaurant. If that's Italian style, then consider me a convert.

Do yourself a flavor and visit Romano's Macaroni Grill. If you are in Cincinnati, visit the Kemper Road location and ask for Caitlin. You'll be glad you did!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Pretty Good For A Chain Restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2013

This is a chain Italian restaurant but overall it was pretty good. The food was well prepared and the service was prompt and friendly. It's a little more expensive than the popular Olive G----- chain (which I like a lot) but the food preparation and selection is better here, in my opinion. We didn't know it but we went there during their annual 1/2 price wine promotion and that saved us a couple of bucks, which was nice. I had a pizza which had a thin crust (I prefer a thicker crust) but was baked perfectly and was enjoyable. Our table was right next to the kitchen area. That was good because we could see all the food prep in action but bad because it was too noisy. Dishes and trays were sent crashing around and every time an order came ready they would shout it out to the server in a loud voice. I'll ask for a table away from the kitchen next time. Portions are adequate and we left with enough for lunch the next day.

• Visited August 2013