“Nice Surprise!”
Review of Fifty West Brewery

Fifty West Brewery
Ranked #53 of 189 things to do in Cincinnati
Reviewed 11 July 2013

I had never heard of this place before but actually saw an ad for it in a local magazine. My Wife and I decided to try it out.....we were both pleasantly surprised! The beer here is VERY good. I have been to a LOT of microbreweries in my time and most of them are just OK. This place has a VERY NICE assortment of ales and lagers available and they were all well above average. I noticed they even make a Christmas beer and an Octoberfest in Season (Can't wait to try those!). The food was OK but not up to the same standard of their beer but that's alright....beer lovers like me come for the beer not the food. The Management and staff here are all hard working young people with their own excentric ways about them (in their video they are brewing beer naked!)...but the place is lively and fun. We will be back!

Reviewed 5 July 2013

During a Cincinnati brewery tour for a buddie's birthday, we stopped at 50 W. The atmosphere of this place is spectacular! The tap room is contemporary, but comfortable, and the outdoor patio is spacious and ambient. It's really a great environment to shoot the breeze with some friends over a craft beer.
That being said, the beer itself was delicious. There is a special liberation and a duty to be unique when opening a small, independent, craft brewery. The recipes here are spectacular. Be bold. Step out of your comfort zone. Discover. That is the wonderful thing about a place like this. If you wanted the same old thing, you wouldn't have come here.
I would like to see the kitchen expand. I was imagining how well some of the brews would pair with certain plates.
The brewers, overhearing that our birthday boy is also a brewer, invited us back for a tour of the facility. They couldn't have been nicer!
I highly recommend this joint for a casual afternoon, evening, or birthday brewery tour!