“Great apps and drink specials...happy hour.”

Nicholson's Tavern & Pub
Reserve with OpenTable
Nicholson's Tavern & Pub is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #31 of 2,032 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Scottish, Pub
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Cross street: Between 6th and 7th
Description: Located in downtown Cincinnati across from the Aronoff Center, Nicholson’s is a restaurant and bar serving fine food and drink in a genuine Scottish tavern setting. Taking inspiration from the public houses found throughout Great Britain, our goal is to provide our guests with authentic hospitality and a brilliant dining experience. In addition to high-quality food, we offer a wide variety of beer, wine, bourbon, craft cocktails and feature one of the best selections of single malt scotch whiskies in the area.
Reviewed 22 June 2014

A real nice atmosphere, nice servers, and good specials. My wife and I went in for a couple drinks and a snack before a concert. We had a beer cheese dip which comes with soft pretzels and chips, and sticky toffee pudding, both were fantastic! We will definitely go back when in Cincinnati.

Rachel K, Guest Relations Manager at Nicholson's Tavern & Pub, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Thanks for the great review! Glad you will be back. Cheers!

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Upon the recommendation of my sons, we stopped here for Saturday nite while in town for the weekend. Quite a Scotch menu and the helpful server made for a pleasant pre-dinner Scotch tasting. The food was wonderful. I had the Pot Roast and Mashed Potatoes and it was out of this world. Great atmosphere, great food, great service------great Scotch. Hope to return!

Rachel K, Guest Relations Manager at Nicholson's Tavern & Pub, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Thanks for the review! Glad you enjoyed a wonderful evening with us! Cheers!

Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

I have stopped here the last couple of Thursdays while I wait for my boyfriend to wrap up his meetings at 5/3 bank. I usually have a cosmo or pineapple upside down cake cocktail, paired with the cheese ball. The drinks are always good and so is the appetizer, it's just enough for one person. The bartenders are always friendly. I will be going back soon.

Thanks for taking the time to share your review! Glad we are able to provide a great spot to grab a drink while you past the time! Cheers!

Reviewed 21 May 2014

My son-in-law recommended Nicholson's... I knew my daughter had good taste. We arrived during a booming happy hour, but had an Open Table reservation for our table of 4, and were seated right away. We all REALLY loved the duck fat fries, and the other food was equally delicious. The beer/ale selections were good, and arriving during happy hour made them very reasonably priced. I enjoyed my chicken with cranberry-apple-cheesy topping. The atmosphere is very friendly and the decor is open, roomy and Scottish. We enjoyed the kilts and accompanying funny t-shirts that all the servers get to wear.

Rachel K, Guest Relations Manager at Nicholson's Tavern & Pub, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Thanks for the review!! Glad you and your family enjoyed some delicious duck fat fries! Yum! Hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

Went to Nicholson's Tavern & Pub before a show at Aronoff on a Sunday night. Be sure you call early if there is a show playing, as they book up fast. We all had fish - with some ordering the sandwich & some fish & chips. The sandwich comes with their fries in a little basket lined with paper and 1 piece of fish. The F & C comes with 3 pieces of fish, no bread & the same basket of fries. The outside menu had a 1/2 order (2 pieces) which would have been perfect, but wasn't listed inside (we saw it after dinner). We didn't care for the home-made catsup and asked for Heinz and/or malt vinegar. They also served my domestic beer rather warm and I asked for ice which was brought eventually. OK but not great.

Rachel K, Guest Relations Manager at Nicholson's Tavern & Pub, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Yes, we do fill up rather quickly for shows but we are happy to take reservations, please call 513-564-9111. It is very disappointing to hear about the beer you ordered. We would have been happy to replace your beer for a colder one. I have shared your feedback with our general manager to check on our taps to ensure we are serving them at the right temperature. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.