“Great for Friends”
Review of Trio

Trio
Reserve with OpenTable
Trio is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #58 of 1,969 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Price range: US$0 - US$35
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Across from Nordstrom
Transit: Montgomery and Kenwood Rd
Description: Trio, one of Cincinnati's favorite restaurants for over 25 years, is known for serving fresh seafood daily, along with great steaks, extraordinary pasta dishes, generous portions of specially salads, California style pizzas, & a wide range of sandwiches. Trio has become the hot spot of Cincinnati for its extensive wine list. Trio currently serves over 30 different wines by the glass, offering the best California wines by the glass or bottle. During the spring, summer & fall Trio diners may prefer to dine in the Veranda. Trio can accommodate private parties from 24 to 65 guests in one of the private dining rooms. Over the years Trio has received Cincinnati Magazine’s "Best Wine List", "Best Casual Service", "Best Entree", "Best Redesigned Restaurant in Cincinnati". Additionally, TRIO is Zagat rated "Best Casual Service" & "Excellent".
Phoenix, Arizona
“Great for Friends”
Reviewed 17 June 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Since I do not live in Cincinnati anymore, my visits with friends always include food. We all like Trio's because it has good choices for everyone and we can linger to talk. Trio's offers a variety of drinks and appetizers that we can all enjoy...and don't forget desserts! The staff proves informative and helps with main menu choices, specials and their favorites too.

Visited June 2014

Cincinnati, Ohio
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Upscale prices for mediocre food”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

My husband and I had dinner tonight at Trio Bistro. It was our first visit to this restaurant,and probably our last. The menu was limited, and the prices were way too high for the quality of the food. I ordered the meat loaf and I have to say that my homemade meat loaf is a lot better. I know that food prices are going up, but a small slice of meat loaf, a small amount of mashed potatoes and some carrots and brussel sprouts are NOT worth $19.99. A local restaurant here serves excellent meat loaf with your choice of sides for only $13.99. My husband didn't really care for his dinner either. I must admit that the service was really good. The waitress was friendly and attentive and the food was served quickly. But maybe that is because they don't really put much effort into it. Try another restaurant!

• Visited June 2014
cincinnati
“Great Food......but not well managed”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

you can always count on the "best of the best" coming out of the kitchen at this place. my visit there tonight was no exception. The problem is with management. Not sure why there trying to run a high end establishment on a skeletal crew, but for whatever reason, its a bad decision. We had dinner at the bar this evening. One bar tender working himself to death. absolutely positively no way to keep up with demand. Thats no reflection on the staff, thats simply bad management. It was so bad, i even talked to the manager about it. so he tried to (unsuccessfully) fill in. In the end, we got no compensation for dinner without utensils or beverages, but dinner was delicious (even when shoveled in with my fingers). there's just too many other 100.00 per couple options in this city for this to happen to anyone. if you want to risk it, go for it, but you may want to pick a different night than (skeleton crew) Sunday's.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank scott c
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Good food, great service”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Celebrated a couple of birthdays with some close friends. We were able to get in with a party of 8 without any trouble even though they seemed to be quite busy. Guess we lucked out as this was a very satisfying evening and meal. Attentive server, good food choices, great beer and wine choices as well. Very enjoyable evening, might be a little pricey for some, but would go there again as all in party were very satisfied with entire meal and experience.

• Visited May 2014
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
“Great way to spend Mother's Day!”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

We decided to have dinner, instead of lunch to avoid the crowds and I'm really glad we did. Even at dinner it was very busy. We've been to this place a number of times over the years and I have it on my list of favorites.

First it's easy to find if you know where the Kenwood Mall is. In fact from Nordstrom's you can probably see their sign. It's in a small strip mall/office area. You can walk from Nordstrom's if you are already parked. In fact the parking lot at Trio's can get quite busy, so not a bad idea.

There are several different dining areas in the restaurant and if you can make a request I would. The first dining area is my favorite as it's full of booth's. We had a booth by the front window, the best location as far as I'm concerned. They also have a room off the back of the main dining area where we've eaten many times before but I don't like the location as much. Finally they have another area (take a right at the bar) that is very nice. They have large window's which they open on nice evenings, very nice. If you can't get in the first area, ask for this room.

So depending on where you are sitting I give this place high marks for atmosphere. The service is always very good. They are attentive, knowledgeable, and efficient. Our waiter was very busy in our section, but our service was just fine.

The menu is always good and offers a bit of everything. Seafood, Chicken, meat, etc... I had an excellent beet salad to start and it was very nice and refreshing. I had the Scallops for my entrée and I have to say they were the best I ever had in a restaurant!! My wife and daughter also had fish (Salmon, and Halibut). Everyone was thrilled with their meal.

We had a great bottle of wine Honig, from California, one of our fav's.

With wine the meal was a little expensive but we didn't care because everything was perfect. Great service, excellent food, great booth by the window. We checked all the boxes!

If you live in Cincinnati, I'd frequent this place a lot, like we do. If you are from out of town, this is one of the best in the city.

• Visited May 2014