“Family Owned Vietnamese”

Ranked #202 of 1,992 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Price range: US$0 - US$8
Cuisines: Chinese, Vietnamese
Reviewed 17 June 2013

Song Long was, I believe, one of the original Vietnamese restaurants in Cincinnati. The first Vietnamese food I ever tasted was at this long time family establishment. We moved away from Cincinnati a long time ago but on a recent visit went back to visit our friends and have some authentic Vietnamese food.

We began our meal with an order of the A1 Goi Cuon cold rolls - Rice paper sheets wrapped with rice noodles, lettuce, cucumbers, bean sprouts, shrimp and pork. Entrees included the CS2 Salad - Fresh cabbage marinated in a homemade sweet vinaigrette, mixed with assorted vegetables and garnished with fresh cilantro and peanuts and N6 Tom Nuong Xa -
Jumbo shrimp seasoned with lemongrass and spicy hot chili peppers over a bed of cold angel hair rice noodles.

Service was, as usual, excellent. It was a pleasure having dinner with the Le family again & hopefully it won't be too many years before we can again.

1  Thank DearDona
There are newer reviews for Song Long Restaurant

Reviewed 25 June 2011

They are racist against their own kind. Racist against asians and they are asians! I'm just SHOCK! My family and I wanted to have lunch there the other day, the server ( owner) was very short and rude to us, while we witness that he was polite to others that are not asians. Didn't get serve our water until later, he didn't put in my order correctly, maybe he thought that he could get away with it. The food is not all that great for them to act this way. Sorry I will spread the word to PEOPLE not just asians, please don't go eat at this place.

4  Thank Lovely099
Reviewed 15 November 2009

Great for lunch. I count Bun Bo Soup as 6 points.

Reviewed 12 May 2009

When we initially entered the area of town where Song Long is located, we became skeptical. All of those concerns melted away as soon as we entered the doorway. From the initial smiles to the satisfaction of Moma's homecooked meal, it was easy to understand why this humble restuarant has been honored numerous times at Taste of Cincinnati, in numerous restaurant reviews and other honorable mentions.

1  Thank IndianaGeorge
Reviewed 4 May 2009

In 2007, we moved to Cincinnati from the Gulf Coast, which generally has one of the larger Vietnamese populations in the U.S. and, correspondingly, a large number of Vietnamese restaurants, especially in Houston and New Orleans.

Vietnam offers one of the world's great cuisines. Unforunately, it is poorly represented in Cincinnati. As far as I know, Song Long is one of the few places in the entire metro area to serve authentic Vietnamese food. The restaurant does an adequate but not great job with its food, but mostly serves to satisfy a craving we developed down South.

Anyone who has even a moderate interest in a variety of Asian food owes it to himself to try a bowl of pho, or Vietnamese beef noodle soup, if he hasn't done so already. Song Long's is not the best I've ever had, but it's probably the best example available around here. (The restaurant Cilantro, near UC's campus, does a good job with it as well, although in a very stripped-down, collegiate environment.)