“Better Casinos in the Area!”

JACK Cincinnati Casino
Ranked #14 of 189 things to do in Cincinnati
More attraction details
Owner description: Our 100,000 square foot gaming floor features nearly 2,000 slots, 88 table games, a 31 table poker room and in-house linked and standalone progressive jackpots all on one level!
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I have been to the Horseshoe Casino twice now and unfortunately have been disappointed twice. The first time was with a restaurant inside the casino- Margaritaville. The waitress has dumped water on me (on accidently of course) and did not do much to make the situation better. The service actually became worse after the incident and I was extremely disappointed in the quality of the restaurant. On my second visit a member of my party was denied access to the casino because he only had a paper ID. I understand that the casino did not see the paper ID as a valid form of ID, but if a state issues the piece of paper as a valid form of ID then casinos should accept the form as well. The member of our party was also a retired veteran and the disrespect from the front desk of the casino that was shown was absolutely distasteful. To make matters worse, we called a taxi to pick us up from the garage entrance (where we were dropped off) and the taxi could not pick us up there- they would only pick up in the front of the casino. I had asked the front desk to escort us through the casino to the front entrance so we did not have to walk down stairs and through an alley in heels and they denied to do so. Even the police officer on duty denied an escort. We were then told to walk through the alley (a dark alley at 11pm at night) by ourselves. While walking to the exit in the garage a member of the casino told us that if we did not vacate the property the police would be called- which was what we were attempting to do. As we eventually made it to the front of the casino, we were entering a taxi van when an officer from the casino approached us yelling that the taxi was not for us. She was flashing her light in our eyes and telling us to back up. The taxi van (which could fit all six members of my party) was in fact for only TWO people. I don't understand why the taxi van was for this party when there were taxi cabs waiting as well. All in all I am highly disappointed in this casino and do not recommended attending. There are much better casinos in the area.

6  Thank Shelbi G
Ryan T, New Media Community Leader at JACK Cincinnati Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Hello Shelbi G,

I would like to apologize for your unfortunate experiences at our property. Please know that I have expressed your concerns regarding your dinner at Margaritaville to the Margaritaville management team. As for the refusal of entrance regarding the paper ID, we only accept Government issued ID's and unfortunately a state issued temporary paper ID does qualify as one.

Horseshoe Cincinnati

Write a ReviewReviews (5,747)

Reviewed 5 May 2014

There are two concerts this summer that I would like to attend. The venue indicates no chairs or blankets are allowed. Because of several foot surgeries, I am unable to stand for long periods of time. It is very disappointing as my husband and I enjoy summer concerts. I hope different acts know this when they book this venue and attendees are aware of this.

I have eaten at Bobby Flay's and it was very good, but I was disappointed that it was self serve and that it does not have an outside entrance so it is not a family establishment.

We are however looking forward to attending a charity event at the Casino Ballroom next year.

1  Thank axfamid
Ryan T, New Media Community Leader at JACK Cincinnati Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Hello Axfamid,

For this year's Summer Concert Series we have decided to allow a designated seating area for guests who would like to bring their own chairs. If you search for tickets on ticketmaster.com you will see the following statement on all of our concerts this summer

*This is an OUTDOOR venue.
All shows are RAIN or SHINE.
This show is STANDING ROOM ONLY. Note:Even though your ticket has a seat and number, this particular show is a general admission, standing room only event.

Attendees are able to bring their own chairs. There will be a designated area for those who wish to bring their own chairs.*

I hope this doesn't discourage you from attending any future concerts this summer.

Reviewed 3 May 2014

We recently visited (May 1st) the casino. My son was having his birthday and really wanted to try Bobby Flay's Burger Palace in the casino for his birthday. We really had no desire to gamble. All he wanted for his birthday was a burger from Bobby Flay's. Because he was under 21 (he's 20) they wouldn't let us in. They said on their website it states he must be 21 to enter the gaming area (where the restaurant apparently is). If you visit their website it's in very small letters at the BOTTOM of the page. Seriously? I design websites and know that someone needs to be fired!! Place it at the top of the restaurant page, not in small letters at the bottom. I wouldn't check out the restaurants on their page at all if I knew the under 21 patrons weren't allowed. We drove all the way down to the Casino just to go to the restaurant to be told we could not enter because Bobby Flay's doesn't have a door facing the outside. So Ohio you didn't get any money from us that evening as we drove to Kentucky and ate there. And well you won't get any of our money for any other reason either because we won't be back .... even when my son does turn 21.

5  Thank DST412
Ryan T, New Media Community Leader at JACK Cincinnati Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2014

Hell DST412,

I am very sorry with the experience you had back on May 1st. Please know that I have made the request to add the "Under 21" statement more prominent on the Bobby's Burger Palace webpage.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

Went to the casino before and after the reds game and had a great time. The casino is new and is spotless. We took a cab to the ball park and it cost about $7 to get there and $6 back. That's cheaper than parking in a lot plus there were 3 of us. You could walk to the ball park it would probably take 15 mins. The only con would be there were no $5 tables. Everything was $10 and up. It was very busy but the way the casino is laid out there is plenty of space. The beer is not cheap. However it is cheaper than the ball park. Beer was $4 but its cheaper at the bar. There is several eating places inside including a margaritaville.

Don't listen to the other comments about the slots being tight and losing money...its a casino if you go in there expecting to win big your an idiot. I played for several hours at black jack and roulette and walked away $100 up I was ecstatic. One of my buddies was down $150 after texas hold em and black jack. The other buddy broke even.

It would be nice if they had free soft drinks but oh well.

2  Thank Kenneth E

Hello Kenneth,

Thank you so much for this great feedback. We pride ourselves in delivering the best guest experience possible and cannot be happier with your positive experience. I have let our casino services team and staff know about your great review and experience. Please don't hesitate to let us know if there is anything we can do to make your next visit even better. Congrats on your winnings and come back and see us soon!

Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

Here on a home shopping trip and took a break to visit the casino. Staff were super friendly!! Safe, clean, sparkling. So excited to have this gem nearby.

Hello Kirby,

Thank you so much for the great feedback. We pride ourselves in delivering the best guest experience possible and cannot be happier with your positive experience. I have let our casino services team and staff know about your great review and experience. Come back and see us soon!