Courtyard Cincinnati Midtown/Rookwood
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewswithin walking distancestayed heregreat courtyardsmall poolxavier universityrestaurants and shoppingoff the highwaygreat central locationclean roomsroom facingvery nice hotelshower doorfree weightsnice lobbyfamily weddingwould stay here againcheck in was smooth
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 February 2014

We spent Valentine's weekend here. Staff were over-the-top friendly and helpful. The hotel's located right on I-71 at Rookwood Commons [so lots of stores and restaurants within walking distance], but it's really quiet. It's new, and rooms are nicely appointed. We opted to eat breakfast out ... we think Courtyards are overpriced for what you get.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Jessica B, Assistant General Manager at Courtyard Cincinnati Midtown/Rookwood, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Peebs777, thank you for your wonderful review. We are happy you had such a great stay with us. Hopefully we will see you again soon!

Reviewed 28 January 2014

Very well-located with friendly front desk staff. Room accommodations were clean and updated, as was the bathroom. When we called to ask for more shampoo, a housekeeping guy came within 2-3 minutes with an entire handful of both. We loved that super shopping and dining were literally across the lot and street. One exit south is Xavier; three is UC. Perfect!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Piqua41
Jessica B, Assistant General Manager at Courtyard Cincinnati Midtown/Rookwood, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2014

Piqua41, thank you for your excellent review! Nothing makes us happier than hear our guests had a wonderful stay with us! We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 22 January 2014

Obviously not a full service Marriott. Indefensible parking fee. Add $15.00 or so fr your breakfast (compared to free breakfast at same level Hilton). Room rate $200 plus tax. Two tier internet, slow (free) $4.95 extra for better speed. Nickel and dime to the fullest. Add it up comes to about $250/night if you include tax. You want to pay that for a Courtyard? I don'/won't again. As A Platinum Elite I was offered 440 Marriot points or and item from pantry. Again not up to combative offer to high level guests. Noise level on side of my room was loud with trucks rambling by all night. Bad location in that regard. Rooms were nice and spacious with all you would expect, but nothing extra. One time was enough for me.

Room Tip: Try another hotel
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank mark s
Jessica B, Assistant General Manager at Courtyard Cincinnati Midtown/Rookwood, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2014

Tylerat, I want to thank you for being a loyal Marriott guest. I'm sorry you were disappointed in your recent stay with us- we hate to hear that! Courtyard as a brand has moved to the Bistro concept, which allows us to offer more options for breakfast and dinner! The Bistro is pay per item; Courtyard has done away with the complimentary breakfast buffet. As a platinum elite Marriott rewards member you can receive bonus points or any item from the pantry at any Courtyard you visit, this is a brand standard. In order to give our guests parking spots, in a very busy area with limited parking, we charge a $6 parking fee. This fee and parking pass ensure that our guests will get a parking spot right outside the hotel versus having to walk across the street to the parking garage. I can assure you that when building our hotel we took a lot of extra measures to make the building as sound proof as possible due to our proximity to the highway. We do hope you will give us another try next time you are in town; we will do our best to have you in a room away from the highway!

Reviewed 29 December 2013

Normally we stay downtown, but we wanted to stay as close as possible to a late night event. I was expecting much less, a workhorse hotel which has been my experience with Courtyard. This hotel is right off of I71 as noted by others but it's incredibly quiet, and we were in a block of young adult wedding revelers and I never heard one thing from other guests, and certainly not the highway.

Everything is new and clean and shiny and modern. The rooms are very comfortable. Yes, we were surprised by the $6 parking fee, but being accustomed to staying downtown we weren't upset by it.

The bathroom was quite nice and I loved the comfortable, large shower.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Jessica B, Assistant General Manager at Courtyard Cincinnati Midtown/Rookwood, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

Thank you BGBeth for your fantastic review! We hope you stay with us again the next time you are in the area!

Reviewed 18 December 2013 via mobile

I've stayed her 3 times now. Primarily because of it location. Each time I leave I feel ripped off. Disclaimer, I've been a Diamond level hhonors member since 2000 so that is my norm. Having said that, I feel for the nightly rate they ask they come up short in a few areas.

The first thing that I find ridiculous is a $6/night parking fee. Come on!! You're not downtown and you didn't have to erect some massive parking garage. You have a big blacktop parking lot adjacent to a large shopping area that can handle your overflow. Why are you charging me?!

Secondly, for this price I'd expect at least a continental breakfast. But they offer NOTHING! Nearly all hotels at least offer this. Even those that are much cheaper.

Pro tip - I had to ask someone if free coffee was offered. It is, but it's hiding behind their little cafe that tries to get you to buy coffee that you can get for free if you just walk around it. Don't fall for the scam.

I would compare this to a Hilton garden inn. But the Hilton property would give you much more for the money. However, if you don't mind paying their rate, and getting hosed on parking, the hotel is otherwise adequate. It's brand new so their job is easier. Nice rooms, nice bedding, nice gym, and free wifi. Plenty of dining options within walking distance. Seasons 52, Capital Grille, J Alexander's, bucca di peppo, Max n Ermas, Jason's Deli, a Pub, Potbelly's, Starbucks...

Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Jason W
Jessica B, Assistant General Manager at Courtyard Cincinnati Midtown/Rookwood, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2013

I want to thank you for staying with us Jason W! As you stated there is a parking fee, which we thought about prior to opening and came up with the fair price of $6 per night, with the parking pass we are able to keep non guest cars out of our lot. Courtyard by Marriott as a brand has moved to the Bistro concept, where all menu items are made to order, we are now able to offer better meal options for our guests. We proudly serve Starbucks coffee, which is what the brand has found the majority of our guests enjoy, but we do still offer complimentary coffee in the guest rooms. We do hope you will stay with us again and thank you for being a return guest to our property!