“The place to stay in the Hyde Park Area”

Courtyard Cincinnati Midtown/Rookwood
Ranked #20 of 49 Hotels in Cincinnati
New York, New York, United States
“The place to stay in the Hyde Park Area”
Reviewed 6 April 2014

A new gem of a hotel near Madison Road and Edwards. The rooms are well-appointed; the beds are comfortable. and the bathrooms squeaky clean. The eating facilities are scant but there are numerous restaurants in the area. I recommend First Watch for breakfast. The main advantage is the convenience. I-71 is a couple of minutes away; pretty much every everything notable attraction is within a 15 minute drive.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Jessica B, Assistant General Manager at Courtyard Cincinnati Midtown/Rookwood, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
JLBlez, thank you for the wonderful review! We really love our location too, very convienent to 71 and lots to do in the area. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us, we hope to see you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Bay Village, Ohio
Reviewed 5 April 2014

Beds amazing. Brkfst area open at 6 with Starbucks coffee and several healthy choices. Good insights provided by check in team about local dinner choices. Very new facility. My only concern, parking is limited and they charge $6 to park outside in the weather? That is why they did not win 5 rating from me.

Room Tip: We specify bathtub (wife's preference). It was not in the record, yet they did have one. In thei...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Jessica B, Assistant General Manager at Courtyard Cincinnati Midtown/Rookwood, responded to this review, 6 April 2014
We love our beds too, Robinbayvillage! Thank you for your feedback, I am glad you enjoyed your stay and took advantage of our Bistro. As you stated, we do have a $6 parking fee at our property. This ensures our guests a parking space close to the hotel. We hope to see you again soon!
West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed 29 March 2014

This is the first time I have felt compelled to write a second review of a property since joining TA.

I want the mgmt team at this hotel, and future guests, to know that simply stating you are a "BISTRO CONCEPT" does not excuse the total lack of basic amenities that are offered at properties that are priced the same, and usually cheaper, than your nightly rate.

I want to be clear.... The BISTRO CONCEPT IS TOTAL GARBAGE!! Abandon it as fast as possible.

Also, the parking fee of a petty $6 remains. There is zero enforcement so you are just throwing money away. I've stayed here many times and the only way they know you have a car is if you tell them you do at check in. So for the last 2-3 times I stayed there I told the person checking me in that I did not have a car when they asked. Boom, problem solved and $6 saved.

The main reason I am motivated to write a second review was because after my most recent stay I was simply floored. If you read my previous review I added a tip to find their free coffee as it was kind of hidden behind their cash register so you would buy coffee without realizing you could get it for free. Well, they have now even taken away the free coffee. Come on! When I voiced my displeasure I was directed back to my room where you can use the complimentary coffee machine they provide you. Ok, if you had a Nespresso or even a Keurig coffee maker in the room I might be able to excuse it but the coffee maker in the room is the cheapest pile of junk you could imagine. I've seen this coffee maker in ultra budget hotels. At a Hilton Garden Inn, not only do you get free coffee all day in the lobby but you also have a Keurig coffee maker in your room. Plus you get a free continental breakfast and a full room service menu!

With this latest development I am no longer staying here. I have booked my room at the Hilton Garden Inn in Blue Ash. The office I visit while in town is literally across the street. I could walk to work. That is why I continued to stay there even with these annoyances. But they have now lost my business over what probably amounts to a .25 cup of coffee.

Some hotel operators just don't see the big picture.

Room Tip: Stay at a different hotel.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Jessica B, Assistant General Manager at Courtyard Cincinnati Midtown/Rookwood, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Jason W. The Bistro concept is something that was developed for all Courtyards; every Courtyard by the end 2014 will have a Bistro. Courtyard, as a brand, has also removed the coffee from the lobby. As you stated we do offer coffee makers in the rooms. Thank you again for your feedback.
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 25 March 2014

We've been traveling for the past few weeks and the Courtyard Marriot in Cincinatti Midtown/Rockwood has been the cleanest, friendliest, most state of the art hotel we've been in. The staff was very courteous and helpful. And the rooms, simply amazing.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Jessica B, Assistant General Manager at Courtyard Cincinnati Midtown/Rookwood, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
264TiffanyG, thank you for your wonderful review. We are glad to hear you had such a wonderful stay! We can't wait to see you the next time you are in Cincinnati, we will have a room waiting.
Rockton, Illinois
Reviewed 8 March 2014

One night for business on 3-4-14. Stayed here because other colleagues were and easier to join them for dinner and meetings, etc. All staff was very friendly and pleasant, definitely had their customer service "hats" on. I reserved a King non-smoking room and was given a handicapped accessible room with 1 king. This is not a problem for me, but might be for some other folks who don't like the huge bathroom and showers without a tub. I don't know if they overbooked regular rooms and this is the only one they had left to give me. I booked online so that might be the case. They also put me on the ground floor and I prefer to be higher than the ground floor. Room was clean, bed was comfortable, wi-fi worked great. Lobby and other areas of hotel was clean. Room per night was $199 plus tax plus another $6.00 FOR PARKING that I thought was a little unreasonable since we weren't in downtown and there is plenty of parking in this area. I think this hotel is a little overpriced. Plenty of great restaurants that are in walking distance. Bartender at the hotel was very attentive and friendly, but pricey drinks as well. I would have given 5 out of 5. 1 star off for the over-pricing (value) and for not given the room I booked online through their website. Next time I would probably drive an extra 10 minutes from another hotel to my meeting and save $100 bucks.

1 Thank 6-of-us-were-there
Jessica B, Assistant General Manager at Courtyard Cincinnati Midtown/Rookwood, responded to this review, 9 March 2014
6-of-us-were-there, thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor; we truly appreciate your feedback! As you stated there is a parking fee, which we thought about prior to opening and came up with the fair price of $6 per night, with the parking pass we are able to keep non guest cars out of our lot and provide our guests with parking close to the hotel. Our rate is very competitive for our area, we have a wonderful product and we hope you come back again!
Stamford, Connecticut
Reviewed 6 March 2014

The Courtyard Marriott in Cincinnati Midtown/Rockwood was one of the best business hotels that I have ever stayed at. The rooms were extremely large, brand new, well decorated and very comfortable. The restaurant/snack bar in the lobby had great choices and good food. The hotel was within walking distance to several good restaurants which made it convenient. The staff was also very friendly and professional.

Will definitely stay in the Courtyard Marriott again when I return to Cincinnati.

1 Thank RenandIssey
Jessica B, Assistant General Manager at Courtyard Cincinnati Midtown/Rookwood, responded to this review, 7 March 2014
RenandIssey thank you for your wonderful review! We are glad you enjoyed our Bistro, we hope you can come see us for breakfast or dinner soon! We can't wait to have you back!
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed 2 March 2014

The girl at the desk had a line out the door at check in but worked quickly to get everyone taken care of. When it was our turn to check in she greeted us and offered excellent sea food recommendations for dinner when we asked. McCormick & Schmick's is a ten minute cab ride away. Our room was clean and bed was comfortable. Only stayed one night but if we are ever back in Cincinnati we will be back.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Jessica B, Assistant General Manager at Courtyard Cincinnati Midtown/Rookwood, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Beth K, thank you for your excellent review. We are glad you had such a good experience and very happy to hear you will be back! We will see you again the next time you are in the area!