“Food is great, free wi-fi, good service; however, cleanliness needs to improve”
Review of Anand Indian Restaurant - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Anand Indian Restaurant
Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani
Reviewed 21 April 2013

We have been going to Anand India for several years. I would technically give this 3.5 stars if I could.

Pros: Good-to-great Indian food, great bread and appetizers, large portions, good pricing for the amount you receive, parking lot & outside of building updated with paint, cleaned-up, etc, servers are usually very pleasant. If you are not familiar with Indian foods or the spice levels, they are good at handling your questions.

Cons: decor is older and interior is somewhat dark; cleanliness of windows, doors, and bathroom. I hate seeing fingerprints and handprints all over glass. The bathroom needs remodeling and air freshener. Cleanliness is important as customers might think the kitchen is dirty (so far, though, all our food dishes are clean).

Also, they need to offer the 3-chutney assortment (free) to everyone. We always have to ask for it. They are good with the Indian breads and appetizers.

The food is typically presented in copper serving bowls, seasoned well, and not too oily - which can be a BIG problem at other Indian restaurants. They have seriously excellent Naan...we think it's better than any Naan you can find at the Clifton restaurants. The portions are a good size..sometimes quite large. What I love, love, love is that they do not skimp on ingredients. Take Saag Paneer, for example. I have had that at all the Clifton Indian restaurants and at the restaurant in West Chester. Anand gives you more paneer than any of them..not just a few small pieces.

Features: free wi-fi, drive-thru, carryout, buffet, average wine selection, Indian & American beers, frequently offers deals via restaurants.com.

Reviewed 7 April 2013 via mobile

Buffet and all. Heavy on the cream. Food not bad but decor is lacking. Edible but average for this genre.

Reviewed 11 December 2012

I've ate there more than a dozen times and had carry out at least that many! I LOVE the Curry Chicken and if you like hot.....and I mean HOT......ask for #5 curry sauce!!! I LOVE it!!! They also have a buffet option but you'll have to ask for the hotter sauce (again, if you like hot) because the Curry Chicken on the buffet is mild. (#1 being mild to #5 being the hottest) A great menu and service!!!

Reviewed 13 November 2012

We went to Anand quite a few times in the past but it seemed to be going downhill (new owners?) with each visit so we haven't been back for awhile. We drive by and don't see to many cars there so others seem to feel the same way. Some people may like the food there, especially the buffet which is reasonably priced. We may try it again in the future but there are too many other really good Indian restaurants in the Sharonville area and we will go to one of those instead until we hear things have improved at Anand.

Reviewed 9 May 2012

Nice place to have Indian food. They have buffet both during lunch and dinner.

2  Thank Travellingman_007_11