“Our favorite Indian restaurant in Cincinnati!”

Tandoor India Restaurant
Ranked #933 of 1,961 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Price range: US$8 - US$18
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: As Cincinnati's oldest Indian restaurant we have a delicious menu of vegetarian and non-vegetarian Indian dishes to choose from. We also offer fantastic Indian food catering for your next big event.
Ohio
“Our favorite Indian restaurant in Cincinnati!”
Reviewed 13 May 2013

Wonderful food in a nice restaurant with very good service...and all authentically Indian and freshly prepared. This isn't a place with one sauce that is doctored slightly to fit each menu item. Their sauces are made with distinctive recipes and are deliciously different. Our family routinely craves their Mulligatawny soup, in particular, but there isn't a dish we don't like. Very nice, local restaurant offering a quiet, pleasant atmosphere and the best Indian food in Cincinnati.

• Visited April 2013

MarylandUSA
“Pleasant place”
Reviewed 25 March 2013

Though no expert on Indian food, I really enjoy this restaurant. Friendly, comfortably well worn, reasonably priced and wonderful food. Though from way out of town, every time I am in the area I return to Tandoor and am never disappointed.

• Visited March 2013
Sunrise, Florida
“Good Indian food”
Reviewed 12 December 2011

Inexpensive, clean, friendly restaurant. Excellent luncheon buffet. Owner is always there and makes sure the place runs well. Many locsl Indian families eat here. Not too spicy. Not fancy, but good, fresh, well prepared. The nan is excellent.

• Visited November 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
“A well established, popular Indian restaurant”
Reviewed 9 December 2011

Tandoor India probably one of the first Indian restaurants in the Cincinnati area. Those days are gone and people can choose from a number of other restaurants for their curries, nan bread and tandoori chicken but Tandoor India is still popular. The interior decorations seem a bit dated but the food is nicely prepared and the service is very good. It's located off Montgomery Road in a small complex of establishments known as Market Place Lane. Just turn into the driveway adjacent to the Cadillac dealership and you'll find it. Overall I would rate it slightly above average but the fact it's been here for so long speaks for itself as far as popularity and consistancy.

• Visited December 2011
Xenia, Ohio
“My favorite Indian restaurant in Ohio”
Reviewed 6 October 2011

I have ate at several Indian restaurants in Ohio and Tandoor is by far my favorite. My friend and I will drive 45 minutes from Dayton just to eat here. They have a delicious lunch buffet and their food is some of the most flavorful I've ever had. Their chicken curry and tandoori chicken are amazing! Normally I'm not a fan of cabbage but the way it is prepared, it is mouth watering! For dessert, on the buffet, they have the best rice pudding I've ever had! They also have a wide variety of food available for dinner. Their fish curry is super delicious, as well as their kulfi (ice cream). The owner is very friendly and will go out of her way to make sure you are satisfied with your meal and service. I can see why this restaurant has been in business over 25 years. The lunch buffet is very reasonable (less than $10/person), so it is a good way to get a taste of some of what they offer. If going for dinner, I recommend visiting their website and printing out a coupon. They offer buy one entree get one free. If you're in the area, try it. I'm sure you won't be disappointed. :)

• Visited September 2011