“Very outdated, Processed/frozen food”
Review of Rusty's Ristorante - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Rusty's Ristorante
Cuisines: American, Italian
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Very outdated, Processed/frozen food”
Reviewed 28 September 2013

I was given a 80$ gift certificate for my birthday. I will start by saying that I have likely seen too many episodes of "restaurant impossible" on Food network! This place has décor from the 70's at best. I imagined Robert Irvine coming in to remove the fake plants- that hold a lot of dust, yelling about dingy carpet, dirty ceiling tiles. Plastic green table cloths. ugly chairs, flowered wallpaper.
About the food- I ordered Salmon with salad and a potato, we were told they no longer make the potato cakes, because it was homemade and not many people ordered it. My potato was twice baked, but when it arrived it was clearly a frozen product! My salmon was chewy-overcooked.
My husband ordered the fettuccini alfredo, I'm quite sure the sauce was from a jar.
We ordered desert, and I'm sure my pie was not homemade, and I'm certain the lemon meringue was from a frozen box.
For these prices, I would expect fresh, not frozen.

The service was excellent! No complaints there. The funny thing is this- the only people under 70 was us! There is even a elevated toilet seat in the bathroom! (it was clean)

There were dead bugs in the window at my booth, and dust on the blinds.

I would recommend a visit from the Restaurant Impossible crew! I'm sure it was a great place at one time.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank RNTonya

“A warm resturant”
Reviewed 23 September 2013

I have been a patron of Rusty's for years and found it to be quiet and rustic......and the food is for me GREAT comfort food. It's nice after a long rough day to find a place with good food and quiet surrounding !!!!

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Odie1two
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Great Value for the Price”
Reviewed 18 July 2013

We have eaten here many times. The food is always good, and cooked to order. The atmosphere is laid back and there are many family that come here. The decor is a bit dated but we think that adds to the feeling of the restaurant. The value for the price is great. Would recommend this restaurant to others.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Sherlock6142
Cincinnati
“Nice Neighborhood Italian”
Reviewed 4 September 2012

We went to Rusty's thanks to a Groupon and were not disappointed. Excellent Italian food; in fact, the best eggplant parm I've had in years! Our waitress was excellent with a good knowledge of the dishes, very friendly and prompt with service (almost too prompt with clearing away dishes). The owner was very welcoming and we sincerely wish her the best of luck with this restaurant. Rusty's is a big place and getting a little worn-looking. Do not be put off by the outside appearance. Once you venture in, you will be rewarded with excellent food. If we are ever in the neighborhood again (about a 30-mile drive from home), we will return!

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank linnalu
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Excellent food in Deer Park”
Reviewed 5 June 2012

We dined today at Rusty's Ristorante in Deer Park and were pleasantly surprised. This place has been around for about 20 years but it was our first visit. The menu was pretty extensive with Baby back ribs one of the specialties...a but unusual for an Italian restaurant. Three of us had veal dishes..Picata, Marsala and Scallopini. Our other diner had the Lasagna. All were excellent. Dessert tray was also varied with several types of cakes, cheese cakes and of course Tiramasu. Service was very good. The decor of the place is a bit dated and could use some upgrades but they appear to have a very loyal local following. Highly recommend if you are looking for a good relatively inexpensive meal

• Visited June 2012