“What a view”

16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“What a view”
Reviewed 21 August 2014

The view from this building is amazing!!! However, one HAS to be careful where one parks. There are tow zones at certain times of the day. If you don't know such things one is likely to park at a metered spot and end up being towed anyway. We parked at such a spot, and if not for the generosity of a police officer we MAY have been towed because of the time we were there. It was posted, but it was posted several hundred feet away!! Fair, right?

• Korean first
Burlington, Kentucky
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Customer "service"”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

When we got all the way to the observation deck, we saw a sign that said "no credit cards accepted, cash only". The woman at the desk could have cared less...

We went back down to the ground floor and withdrew $ from the ATM (which only dispenses $20 increments) and returned to the observation deck. The elevator we had ridden for the 2nd leg of the lift was cramped and creaked and popped so much we walked up the stairs for the last 4 stories. This time there was a man at the desk, laying across the counter with his head on his arms. Without raising his head, he looked at the $20 bill I extended to him, and he said, we don't take 20's. I said it would have been nice to know this before going down the first time and also it would be nice if the Carew Tower entered the 21st century and accepted cards (even our parking meter accepts them)
His response was, "Oh well..." and he closed his eyes again. We left for the 2nd and final time and although my wife still has never been able to see the view from the observation deck, we probably never will. I've never had service that bad before. He could have at least sat up or stood up, maybe he could have even said, "I apologize for the inconvenience"....

His whole attitude said, "I hate my job and you're lucky we even let you people up here." The Observ deck could be a huge draw but I'm starting to see why downtown Cincy is struggling to draw visitors

Visit was on 8/17/14 between noon-3pm
PS. restrooms were locked, there is no wheelchair access

8 Thank Joel M
Normal, Illinois
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Nice view”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Only 49 stories, but for my 7 year old who never saw a skyscraper it was perfect. The 2nd elevator to get up the last 4 floors is a
Little scary, but ok

Mineral Ridge, Ohio
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Birds eye view”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Pictures from the top came out great. What a wonderful panoramic view of the surrounding area for a $2 fee. Remember to take cash, though, no credit cards or checks!!!

Visited July 2014
Seattle, Washington
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Back home tour”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

After being gone from Cincinnati for 15 years we recently purchased another home there. My daughter and I took the kids on a tour of the city. The Carew tower has an amazing view from the roof top. Much more so than when my children were small. I really enjoyed showing my grand kids all the sights I took their Mom to from the roof. If you haven't been go !!

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Jessica W

Been to Carew Tower? Share your experiences!