“delicious”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Via Vite

Via Vite
Reserve with OpenTable
Via Vite is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 1,953 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Price range: US$15 - US$50
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Cross street: On Fountain Square, Fifth & Vine Streets
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“delicious”
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Good variety of salads, sandwiches and entrees. Salmon was outstanding. Service was friendly and professional.

Visited February 2014

Hong Kong
“Good and cozy”
Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

The atmosphere is good and environment is cozy for breakfast or lunch. I had vegetarian pizza, which was not so very good but still ok. But minestrone soup was good and tiramisu was great.

Columbus. Ohio
“Fun evening”
Reviewed 21 February 2014

We were in town for Valentine's weekend and wanted good Italian. We started at Nicola's, but it was too formal for our taste. So we went to Via Vite. Both had been recommended to us by people at the Findlay Market. We sat at the bar. Service was great ... the owner stopped by to chat, which we enjoyed ... and the food was excellent. We both had caesars, which were excellent. My partner had angel hair with bolognese and a meatball. The sauce was rich, creamy, and delicious. Ditto for the bites I had of the meatball. The bread was perfect--flown in from NYC and baked locally, we were told--and we loved the olive oil so much we bought a small bottle. It was expensive, but given our experience at the restaurant, it was worth it. We opened the bottle the next day and were grossly disappointed; it was bitter and nothing like what we had at the restaurant.

• Visited February 2014
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Downtown Italian”
Reviewed 18 February 2014

There could not be a more centrally located restaurant in Cincinnati and in the boot a pretty good one as well. These folks have a number of house made pastas and a wide variety of Italian fare. I’ve had the braised veal shanks before and they are delicious. This night my daughter had Gnocchi grilled somehow so they were “crisped”, and I had the pasta e fagioli. The Gnocchi were rich but portioned correctly so they were not over powering and the bean soup was hearty with house made sausage. I’d have added more tomato but that didn’t stop me from eating every drop. The “Carmel Complexity” was a bit overwrought in my view but my daughter enjoyed it and we got out with dinner, a couple of glasses of a quite respectable Barbera, cognac and espresso for about $125. I thought it was a good deal. Downstairs is way nicer better than upstairs. I've been here a number of times and I’ll be back.

• Visited February 2014
Cincinnati, Ohio
“view”
Reviewed 14 January 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Great view of Fountain Square. Reasonably low decibles. Good fish stew and service friendly. I enjoy dining here with friend who come in from out of town.

Visited November 2013