“Great Italian”
Review of Via Vite

Via Vite
Reserve with OpenTable
Via Vite is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #41 of 2,074 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Cross street: On Fountain Square, Fifth & Vine Streets
Reviewed 7 May 2018

The food is outstanding. The wait staff is well trained and offer excellent food and drink recommendations. The gnocchi is pillow soft.

Reviewed 24 April 2018

My wife & I had a Sunday evening dinner at Via Vite after walking back up the hill from a hockey game down at The Banks. We had a bit of trouble finding the entrance, which you must access from the Fountain Square plaza tucked between the restaurant & the pedestrian access point to public parking beneath The Square (follow the signs). But once inside, we were greeted by two friendly hostesses & seated after a table for two was cleared & prepped. Our table was against the east windows, so we had a view of Fountain Square & the evening crowd who were enjoying the constant sights and sounds.

Arienne (sp?) was our waitress, who was very personable & helpful in explaining some of the menu items for us. We started with the Amish chicken & sausage meatballs, which were moist & tasty and complemented well with the Pomodoro sauce over basil oil. I enjoyed my crispy gnocchi entrée, which were browned but still tender in a tasty four-cheese sauce. My wife didn't enjoy her Penne Bolognese as much, with its slightly smoky meat sauce detracting from the al dente pasta. But overall we enjoyed our meal (including the complimentary bread) & the view that came with it, and we recommend Via Vite for couples or small groups who want to splurge a little for a special night out.

Reviewed 23 April 2018

Via Vite saved the day when, just as I was about to leave the hotel at noon for the airport, I received a text that my plane was delayed by four hours plus. I had planned to grab a bite at the airport to eat on the plane, but there was no sense in going to the airport four hours early, so after a few hours of work on the laptop in the hotel lobby, I gave my bags to the hotel bag check and went off that Sunday about in search of a place to eat. When I saw Via Vite, I knew it was past lunch hour (ends at 2 pm), but I thought they might have something—and score! Sitting at the bar, over a full-bodied Rhinegeist Truth IPA, I saw that they had a great limited menu, one that included $7 pizzas. Figuring it would be a personal sized pizza for that price and the meal would be perhaps both lunch and dinner, I ordered a pizza—which at a regular 14-16” size was definitely going to be enough for dinner. For $7? Wow!

But taste is what counts for food, not just price, and Via Vite’s Bianca was a crisp flavor bomb: “garlic confit, goat cheese, mozzarella, artichoke, and Kalamata olives” – yum! The complex carbs helped me keep a clear head for travel, and although I had originally thought I’d eat my usual two slices, the pizza was tasty enough for me to eat half (don’t judge: I hadn’t eaten anything for about 6 hours). That left me four pieces for the plane, which I asked for in two boxes so I could share with someone else (which I did). Even cold later at the airport, when I finally was on a re-scheduled flight five hours after I was originally to leave, the Bianca pizza was great—so Via Vite helped make a long day of waiting to go home less tedious. So if you’re in the mood for a tasty pizza and a cold brew, go to Via Vite, where the servers are polite and friendly, the mid-afternoon pizzas are a super economical find (Marinara, Margherita, Calabrese, and Salsiccia e Cipolla are other choices), and the beer is great!

Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

We chose Via Vite off of opentable and weren’t sure what to expect. Everyone there was very friendly and the service was excellent. We had trouble making up our mind on the wine and our waiter and wine lady helped us out tremendously. The bolognese dish was amazing!! I would totally go back when visiting Cincy!

Reviewed 13 April 2018 via mobile

My sister and I had dinner at Via Vitae after driving from Atlanta. We were surprised by the limited menu but the food was excellent. My sister had the drunken lamb pasta and I had the halibut special. Both were excellent.

The service was excellent in the beginning but very slow at end of the meal. Overall a B.