“Had a wonderful stay at the Mariemont Inn” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN PREMIER Mariemont Inn

BEST WESTERN PREMIER Mariemont Inn
Ranked #1 of 47 Hotels in Cincinnati
Erlanger, Kentucky, United States
“Had a wonderful stay at the Mariemont Inn”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2012

We really enjoyed our stay at the Mariemont Inn. We stayed in room 200 which I believe is the only room with a balcony. Vicki checked us in and was a very nice and helpful person. We were celebrating my wife's birthday and just had a great time. Everything in the room was well taken care of and clean. Thanks to the staff for a wonderful stay and we hope to be back again soon.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ryan H
Spinnenweber, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PREMIER Mariemont Inn, responded to this review, 25 April 2012
I hope your wife had a great birthday and you both enjoyed your stay at the Inn earlier this month! Yes, your room was one of our Executive King guestrooms and the only room with a small balcony. I’ll be sure to pass on your praise to Vicki and the other staff. The Inn is a great place to celebrate birthdays, anniversaries, and special occasions. We look forward to seeing you in the future!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
cold in ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2012

Son picked this hotel our for my husband and I as he just bought a house in the area. We were delighted with the Mariemont area and this hotel. We had lunch at the Dilly Dally next door. We found the room charming with the TV behind the painting and the comfortable bed! The shower was fantastic.

Our only negatives were the absence of major network TV signals that happened periodically on our TV - especially during the OSU - Kansas basketball game! The lobby coffee was also pretty weak.

Don't let the Best Western name turn you off. This hotel is much higher quality than any Best Western I have stayed at in the past. We will return!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank onlytravelsouth
I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and I'm happy to hear your son moved to the area –I’m sure he will really enjoy the village and surrounding areas. I am extremely sorry about the television signal issues you had during your stay. We have contacted our service provider and they have started to troubleshoot the issue. We believe it has been corrected but continue to monitor the signal on a daily basis. It seems the more advanced technology becomes, the harder it becomes to trouble shoot. What happened to the days of “rabbit ears” on top of the television? Again, I deeply apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for staying with us and I hope you give us another chance when you visit your son again.
Malvern, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2012 via mobile

I enjoyed staying here and would definitely stay here again. The historic atmosphere is very interesting without going over the top. Room cleanliness was spotless as was other areas of the hotel. My room was very large equipped with a high backboard bed fit for a king. Tempur-Pedic mattress was very comfortable. Two club chairs and work desk with accompanying leather office chair were in the room. In the corner of the room near the door was a gas fireplace. Above the fireplace is the wall mounted television. However, the TV is not visible; it is located behind a faux painting which recedes by activation of a switch to uncover the television screen. No tub in the bathroom, however, the large walk-in shower has two shower heads: above and front. Tile work and bathroom fixtures are very nice. Climate control and shower temperature/pressure were good. Solid walls eliminated any noise problems resulting in a quiet night. Front desk staff are polite and professional. Parking lot right next to the hotel. Plenty of dining and shopping options in this very unique town. This hotel has made my list of favorite hotels.
has bo

Stayed March 2012
Thank you so much for your great review and picture uploads! I’m glad you appreciated the details in your guestroom and bathroom like the tile work and fixtures. We worked hard with the design to bring some of the building’s historical atmosphere into the rooms. I will also be sure to pass on your comments to our housekeeping department -they will be happy to hear you found the Inn to be spotless. They take great pride in their work. I’m so happy to hear we made your list of favorite hotels and please do come back and see us again!
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2012

This is a bit belated, but my husband and I got married in Cincinnati in August of last year. We reserved over 35 rooms for our out of town wedding guests (and even some locals who were curious to stay). We were so thrilled to share such a beautiful and unique neighborhood and hotel with friends and family from across the country. The Mariemont Inn staff went above and beyond to accommodate us and our guests. Our Chicago friends are still raving about the comfortable Tempurpedic beds, hidden TVs, and fireplaces. We hosted an afterparty in the lobby and hotel bar complete with Cincinnati chili cheese coneys and a brunch the next morning. I highly recommend the suite on the 3rd floor, very spacious and beautiful views overlooking the square.

Definitely a great option for wedding parties. Old world charm, great alternative to downtown, without having to pay for valet parking. Numerous dining and entertainment options within walking distance. And very close to Ault Park (location of our wedding reception)! We have wonderful memories there and try to stop in at the Exemplar whenever we're back in town! Thanks again to the staff for contributing to a wonderful weekend!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Spinnenweber, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PREMIER Mariemont Inn, responded to this review, 15 March 2012
Congratulations on your marriage! I’m so glad you choose the Inn to be part of your wedding plans. Your group was one of our largest wedding groups last year and we really enjoyed accommodating your family and friends. The suite you mentioned is our best room in the Inn and I agree it has great views of the village square. I’m also happy to hear about the cheese coneys –no visit to Cincinnati is complete without trying our city’s famous chili cheese coneys! The Inn is a great alternative to a downtown hotel, especially when you start adding all the extra charge you would experience downtown such as parking, city tax, etc. We are also fortunate to have a great in-house restaurant and lobby pub. Please do come back and visit us again. I’ll be sure to pass your gratitude on to the entire staff!
North Wales, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2012

We stayed at the Mariemont Inn, Cincinnati Ohio 2/24-2/26/2012 for a wedding. Many others attending the wedding from out of town stayed as well. The hotel is very unique, a small, elegant tudor style hotel surrounded by similar tudor buildings with all kinds of shops and restaurants around. There's a movie theater right across the street! There is a quaint lobby bar and a great restaurant in the hotel that local people come to dine often! Delicous food! The rooms are very clean, have temperpedic beds, flat screen tvs hidden under a painting, comfortable chairs and a fireplace! The decor is beautiful! I recommend this hotel if you are traveling to the area, it is close to the center of the city but such a cute little area if you are like me and rather not be staying downtown. It also has access to a lot of historical sites as well!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank LindaF99
I’m so happy you enjoyed your stay with us while in town for a wedding. We have quite a few wedding groups every year. With all of the restaurants, shops, and even the theatre within walking distance, the brides and grooms tell us it relieves some of their stress knowing their guests can find things to do in the village on their own. You’re also right; there are a lot of historical sites in the area. The Village of Mariemont was one of the first planned communities in the United States. The village’s Preservation Foundation Museum is open for just a few hours on Saturdays but is a real treat to visit. Again, I’m so happy you enjoyed your stay with us and please come back and see us soon!
St. Augustine, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

What a delightful experience! From check-in and throughout our stay, everything was lovely! The staff was so attentive and took such good care of us. We had a cocktail in the lounge before dinner and enjoyed the live music and fireplace. Although we made reservations at The Precinct (which was spectacular) we had breakfast at The National Exemplar which was delicious. We reserved the room with a breakfast plan which made it very convenient.
I think I will have to buy a new mattress now that I have been spoiled at The Mariemont Inn!
Thank you to the fine staff for making our weekend so special.

Room Tip: Make a dinner reservation at The Precinct!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for a great review! You are not the first to decide to buy a new mattress after staying on our Tempur-Pedic beds! I’m so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and that the entire staff took such good care of you. The Precinct is another outstanding restaurant in the city. It’s a former Police Patrol House and also on the National Registry of Historic Landmarks, just like the Inn. Our new breakfast rate plan has been very popular lately and I’m glad it worked well for you. I’ll be sure to pass your thanks on to all of the staff and again thank you for such a great review!
Cincinnati
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2012

We stayed one night on a Valentines Day Package --to have fun and to test a temputpedic mattreess to see if it would help with some problems. As others have said the rooms are a combination of upscale and charming--not the decorated box that is the case with most hotels. Our room was just big enouh, the fireplace ( fake but fun) the hidden tv, the huge shower were all there and wonderful. The little things were there too--the hair dryer still had it's diffuser ( guys, you don't know how nice that can be for a woman) there was room for 2 bags in the little alcove that held the bag stand, and there was a mirror for the guys in the shower.
Our Valentines Day package looked much different on the certificate that we were handed than it did not the website but a conversation with the front desk and the manager of the restaurant was professionally handled albeit I had to be a tiny bit firm. The Restaurant was very good--I am ashamed to rsay we had not been there in years. On a holiday, the manager and waitperson were both friendly and helpful and the food was done beautifully--which can be iffy at a holiday meal. The little bar is chaming too and full of friendly people.
I really like this hotel and the update has been very successful. Mariemont is such a charming area that if you are visiting, I think you will like the hotel; and restaurant very much. By the way , tehre are also 2 other good restaurants and an art movie theater in walking distance. You can't miss.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I’m glad to hear you had a good time at the Inn with our Valentine’s Package and I apologize for the confusion with the dinner certificate. I have talked with the members of my team and we are all on the same page to prevent issues like this in the future. Thank you for being patient with us. I’m also happy to hear you enjoyed your guestroom –we pride ourselves on not being like other chain hotels with our décor. And you are absolutely right; you can’t go wrong with all the other businesses in the village –from the other unique restaurants to the theatre to even an ice cream parlor! Thank you for choosing the Inn to celebrate your Valentine’s Day!