“A roach crawled by us”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating
“A roach crawled by us”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

The roach crawled out on the table and scared my daughter. Disgusting place. No one eat here!

Gee, I wonder why they don't display their health rating?

At first the price seemed reasonable; but it isn't worth it! They leave the roast beef out constantly.The soda tastes funny. There's nothing redeeming here.

• Visited May 2014

Walton
“We really liked it”
Reviewed 7 January 2014

We happened upon Homer's on New Year's Day looking for a place that was still open at 7pm for dinner. Our GPS directed us to Homer's. We were shocked when the price of 2 meals with beverages was less than $20! We looked over & saw that the buffet had steam coming up which told us the food must be hot so we took a chance. We were so glad we did! Our son-in-law really likes to eat and he definitely got his money's worth. Our daughter is a vegetarian and there was a lot that she could eat. She said the corn muffins were the best ever. Most of the salad bar items looked & tasted fresh. The fried chicken was GREAT, as was the fish and the steamed cabbage. My husband thought the mashed potatoes tasted a little funny. The desserts were good--we thought they tasted homemade. Some of the soft drink selections were out but other than that, the food was great. It is a bit on the less-than-super-clean side but we thought that sort of added to the ambiance....sort of like being in a time warp. Definitely worth the trip!

• Visited January 2014
3 Thank Donna M
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Like Golden Corral”
Reviewed 13 November 2012

Homer's is in Evendale on Reading Road (Rt 42). If you are a big eater, this is the place for you. Don't expect gourmet quality dining but the basics are all there and you will get a lot of food for the money. I have only been there for lunch and never had any problems. I have also seen some reviews that were VERY negative. This is a stand-alone, independently owned and operated restaurant so it may be one of those places you either love or hate - be advised! If first impressions are bad as you walk in the door, head for the the nearest competition - the Golden Corral chain (owned by Frisches). Note that some of GC locations are closing due to business conditions. To me, a big factor in buffet food is rapid turnover: the more customers, the fresher the food on the steam tables, and that's always a good thing.

Visited July 2012
Lebanon, OH
“WOW”
Reviewed 20 April 2012

I should have trusted my first impression and gotten back in the car. It was not busy at all. But, I drove over a half hour so why not. The old lady owner was nice to my family. The food was below average at best. It has been mentioned before that the food is not hot. This was true it was barely warm, no way over 140 degrees. I am very disappointed since other buffets owned by this family are certainly better and cleaner. I frequent dives and borderline "questionable" places regularly but this place is the most rundown I have ever been in. I seriously wonder how the health department keeps them in business. There is still a smoking section sign up, that is how outdated this place is. The bathroom was maybe as nice as an old gas station one twenty years ago. There appeared to be a few loyal regulars there though. I give credit to the owners for trying to hang on but this place needs taken out behind the shed.

• Visited March 2012
Cincinnati, Ohio
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Still in the 20th century”
Reviewed 23 January 2012

Needs updating! The place is old and tired and so was the food.

Visited August 2011