“A nice Thai restaurant in an area without many”
Review of Thai Namtip

Thai Namtip
Ranked #250 of 2,031 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I try to get the same menu item from the various Thai restaurants I visit so that the comparisons would be fair. Thai Namtip would be near the top for taste and quality of vegetables. They cook with very light oil. I would prefer no oil but it's far better than the heavy oils found in some Chinese restaurants. This was my first visit and I chose a milder spice level than usual in case Thai Namtip was a little heavy handed. I think they made it a little less spicy than the number from 1-10 that I chose. My wife enjoyed her meal and we both agree that while Thai Cafe Ludlow is by far our favorite, we will stop here when we are eating on this side of town. The service was excellent, very friendly and attentive. The atmosphere was a little above the basics with some interesting items to look at.

Reviewed 25 August 2013

Found this place by chance...thought we were going somewhere else. Not a lot to look at but the staff is nice and the selection is good. Very fresh and tasty.

Reviewed 5 November 2012

Doesn't really say much to say that this is the best Thai in that area, because I think it is the only real Thai in that area. Kind of a shame for the "westsiders", but a shame nonetheless.
I would have rated this place as "Average" based on the city wide competition for Thai in the city, because there are some better places for Thai, but you do have to drive a bit to get to them.
With that said, being an area of limited choices, I would say it is above average of what you could end up with by ordering variations of Thai from a traditional Chineses restaurant. You will be much better served going here than any of those places.
The food is authentic enough and good, just a shame the options are so limited on that side of town!

Reviewed 20 October 2012

Not much you can choose from on the west side of Cincinnati, unless you want fast food or bars. This is a real treat for us because this is real not imitation and close to us. The employees are all Thai (except the children of owners who also serve). Smile on the face all the time and the food is excellent. It is right next to I-74 and the North Bend intersection next to Walgreen's and Mc Donalds in a small strip mall. There Wonton Soup (Giew Nam) is out iof this world. Full of huge wrapped meat. The Vegetable Soup (Tom Jued Puk) is thick with fresh vegetables. Yummmm. The main courses are also very good and plenty. On secret: Ohio Roll and Ocean Smiling Roll are the exact same sushi rolls. :-) They claim that these rolls are known by different name by different people. So good joke is to order Ohio Roll and when they serve it say, "I'm sorry, I ordered the Ocean Smiling Roll" really confuses the waitress...
Oh they don't take AMEX!

Reviewed 14 January 2012

The food at Thai Namtip is very good and the service is consistently excellent. The staff is very friendly and attentive and prices are very reasonable.