“Delightful dinner”

Forno Osteria and Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Forno Osteria and Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #122 of 2,124 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Reviewed 14 July 2018

We went here with friends and had great food and great service. We hd wine with dinner. For appetizers, I had the minestrone soup, my wife had the artichoke soup and our friends had the goat bruschetta. For dinner, we had the cod fish dinner, the swordfish, vela scallopini and eggplant parmigiana- everything was delicious. I had the creme brule for dessert. Wonderful atmosphere.

Reviewed 25 June 2018

For months I've heard friends raving about Forno so I had to see for myself what the hype was all about. Reservations are a must - especially on weekends since the interior is relatively small. There is also a little patio in front with limited seating. There were two hostesses and it took both of them to map out where to seat guests. They initially sat our party of four by the front door which was the worst table in the restaurant, but the hostesses were able to reconfigure and we were seated in a much better central location. The server, Gabriella, was quick to offer water, menus and to take our order. Each of us ordered a different entree and all were top notch. I can attest that the veal scallopine limone was delicious although it could have used a little side dish (perhaps pasta?). The food and drinks came out reasonably quickly and our server was on top of refills. The bar area was crowded and there wasn't an open table the whole time we were there. The prices were mid-range and the menu had a wide variety of offerings including oven fired pizzas. I'll definitely be back and I'm anxious to try the new Montgomery location.

Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

Been there several times, they probably have best pizza in Cinci.
Didn't like every single time, but for sure is one of the most similar to real Italian pizza of this is what you are looking for.

Reviewed 4 June 2018 via mobile

Excellent Italian Food in the Hyde Park neighborhood, an elegant area Northeast of Cincinnati. Parking meters on the street are not typically enforced after 6:00 during the week. The outside of the building is not impressive, but the inside is charming. We shared the Burrata, and the Focaccia was creamy and delicious. I had the Veal Scaloppine, which was tangy and mouth-watering. A little pricy, but worth it! Need to go back soon!

Reviewed 24 May 2018

We were there for dinner with friends. Atmosphere was crowded and really nosey. We were constantly worried we would slam into the chairs behind us or they would slam into us. The salads were good and the rest of the food lacked flavor especially the pizza. The service was only okay-the waitress was friendly but forgot food and drink orders twice. We would not go out of way to go here again.