“Huge suites and homely feel”

Garfield Suites Hotel
Ranked #34 of 52 Hotels in Cincinnati
Christchurch, New Zealand
“Huge suites and homely feel”
Reviewed 1 October 2013

We were very impressed by the size of the room and the location. I found Cincinnati to be a great city for getting around by walking. We happened to be there while Oktoberfest was on and also a Bengals v Packers game, so the place was definitely in party mode. The (in house) restaurant was excellent, and the staff extremely friendly and helpful...especially the manager who gave us excellent advise about the public transport...which we used to visit the zoo, what a great experience.... thank you.

Room Tip: I cant complain about any aspect of the hotel
1 Thank michael-paulsen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
Mount Washington, Kentucky
Reviewed 30 September 2013

My wife and I stayed here for 3rd anniversary and also to see the Reds/Pirates game. The hotel was in a awesome location to walk to about everything.

When we arrived we were greated by a sort of friendly desk staff and clean lobby. After finally finding a parking space in a connecting pay garage we went up to our 1 bedroom suite on the 15th floor. We walked in and the room didnt seem to bad. It was fairly clean, but had a rundown appearance. There were water stains on the ceiling that might indicated it was leaking, the walls was in need of painting and the furniture was scratched up and in need of replacing. The tub in the bathroom was stained up by something unknown. The kitchen was nice and had full size applainces with included pots and pans, plates and glasses. The view wasnt too bad from the 15th floor if you could have seen through the clouded up windows. In the living room I was afraid to move the curtains since the rod was coming away from the wall. A accident ready to happen.

After settling in we decided to try the free WIFI internet and get directions to the resturant we wanted to eat at. After putting in the password we were unable to connect. We called down to the desk to make sure the password was correct and then tried again. After several attempts we contacted the desk once again and the guy at the desk gave us a number to call the provider to have it fixed. I think that was a unacceptable answer. I was not going to sit on the phone trying to get their product fixed. Oh well we didnt want to use the internet after all.

The mattress in the room was very uncomfortable and evry once in awhile when lying on it you could feel the springs.

Overall the hotel wasnt too bad, but wasnt worth the money paid. I could have stayed somewhere else for the same price and would have been more comfortable. The staff was for the most part very friendly especially the night crew. I guess the best partof staying at this hotel was the location and most everything within walking distance.

I am not too sure if I would reccommend this hotel to my family or friends untill the due some remodeling.

Hamilton, Ohio
Reviewed 24 September 2013

We celebrated our anniversary again this year by going downtown to catch the Reds/Cubs game and did a little gambling at the Horseshoe Casino. We had a room reserved at the Garfield Suites, which is in walklng distance to just about everything downtown. It was a day game, so we had to check our bags at the front desk (10:00 am). When I told the friendly people at the front desk that we had stayed last year with them for our anniversary and loved the place, they immediately checked to see if they had any rooms that were clean. They had sold out the night before. They upgraded us to a 2-bedroom suite for the same price (very reasonable) we were going to pay for a 1-bedroom suite. How nice! My husband was driving around trying to park, but their garage was full. When I asked the people at the front desk where we could park as their lot was full, they had my husband park in front and took our keys. The manager sent us on our merry way and parked our car in their garage as soon as someone left. Very considerate! Of course, they offered to take us to the game, but we enjoy walking.

Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
Reviewed 20 September 2013

I booked lodging with this hotel to see a Reds baseball game in August,having read some negative reviews about the outdated furniture.I was lured by their "No Free Lunch" offer of breakfast and dinner included as a package.I was very pleasantly surprised by my entire experience at the Garfield.I enjoyed a very comfortable 1 bedroom suite with living room,kitchen,and bedroom.The furnishings are not late model,but were quite adequate,similar to some in our own home,dated but totally acceptable and clean.My west side room on the 14th floor gave an enjoyable view of many of the older churches and historic buildings within a few blocks.
The food was quite good,restaurant service personable.Every employee had a helpful attitude.
The shuttle service was a huge plus-complimentary anywhere in downtown Cincinnati,even to the Mt.Evans district,which proved to be a very satisfying experience.The shuttle driver was like a tour guide,filled with information.The neighborhood felt safe,even after dark,many baseball fans walking back to their cars.Although I had been advised to stay over the Ohio River in Kentucky,I am glad for my decision.
I cant remember a better bargain and value from my recent travels.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Windsor, ON
Reviewed 18 September 2013 via mobile

Good location- a few blocks from the great American ballpark. Service and suggestions from the concierge was good - suggested morelin brew house which was fabulous with a great view!!! Good value. Best price for a downtown hotel.

• Stayed August 2013

Travellers are raving about these Cincinnati hotels

Lumby, Canada
Reviewed 11 September 2013

I recently stayed at the Garfield Suites Hotel while taking in some Reds games. The suites are apartments with separate bedrooms, living rooms, bathrooms, and kitchens. Very roomy and comfortable - like living at home if you live in an apartment. Full service kitchen with a microwave and everything you'd need to cook a meal and a great touch - two trays of ice-cubes in the freezer compartment. Coffee maker with coffee packs in kitchen. Bed very comfortable and large and if you're the type who likes to watch TV in bed you're in luck - also a larger TV in the living room. Two closets. Everything very clean. Hotel in the midst of the downtown core close to Fountain Square with a myriad of restaurants and shops close by. Numerous bus routes - including in front of the hotel - in the area. Great American Ballpark and Paul Brown Stadium a 12-15 min walk away. A fitness room available with 2 restaurants in the hotel. Never used the fitness room; but I had 2 very good and inexpensive breakfasts in the bar/restaurant. Never visited the other restaurant that is on the premises. Free USA Today paper daily in the lobby. A couple of negatives though - I could periodically hear talk in the street later at night (bus stop in front) as my room was on the 5th floor; but was actually about 3 levels about the street. Not too bad though as my sleeps were very good. Also I would like to advise potential guests about the hotel taxes in Cincinnati. When I booked on a hotel booking site the tax portion of my statement said USD 0.00 which I took to mean that the Total Charge was what I had to pay or the taxes were included in the final total. Not so. When I checked out I found 3 taxes included in the final bill totaling close to $19 (per nite) which is added to the daily rate. Just a heads-up when budgeting. Even with the taxes this hotel is great value and wouldn't hesitate to stay again if I am ever again in the Queen City. P.S. The hotel or booking site didn't charge my credit card until I checked in.

Room Tip: The higher the floor the less street noise you hear.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Cedarville, Arkansas
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Stayed 5 nights at the Garfield Suites. The rooms are a little outdated but was very clean. Customer service was some of the best I have ever seen. They went above and beyond to make sure that we had everything that we needed.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business