“overnight date” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #31 of 47 Hotels in Cincinnati
Chicago, Illinois
“overnight date”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

I have nothing negative to say about this hotel. Read several reviews before going. Reviews say outdated; I say vintage charm. But I agree to everything else. Location great...staff friendly and professional...shuttle service right on.....restaurant fine, will eat there again. Roomy with full kitchen. I say get the balcony. It was easy to get to right off the I-75 south highway. When I come back to Cincinnati I WILL stay at the Garfield.

Room Tip: pay for the balcony. It is worth it.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
Tucson
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

Wonderful location and lots of space for an extended stay. A real 1-bedroom apt. with full kitchen and laundry across the hall. Staff made us feel like family during our 3-week stay. On-site restaurant has good comfort food at a great value and a full bar too. Exercise room has the best view from the roof. Walking distance to any shopping, many activities and business offices. "Attached" garage makes keeping your car easy!

Room Tip: Many rooms have balconies and those make the extended stay more pleasant.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

To celebrate my friend's 30th birthday, we decided to take a room at Garfield, even though everyone in our group lives in the city. We arrived at 330 to check in, but was told that our room wasn't ready. Dismayed, we sauntered to the bar for a cocktail to wait. The bartender, overhearing us talk about the room, gave us our drinks on the house, and apologized for our wait. We had dinner plans at 5p (early, but there's no other time to get to A Tavola without a line) and were concerned that our room wasn't going to be ready on time. Just as I was going to give up, the concierge told me that it was ready! Woo! Walking in felt like we were taking a step back thirty years. The rooms ABSOLUTELY need an upgrade. But, we looked past that, and left for dinner. Walking back from OTR made us feel like tourists in our own city, and that was great. We returned to the room for a bit before heading out for a night on the town. Needing scissors, we called to the front desk and they were delivered within minutes. We took advantage of the complimentary shuttle on our way out, and the driver was very pleasant. Even though the rooms were dated, the staff more than makes up for the aging wallpaper! I would certainly return to Garfield and have already told everyone about our wonderful experience.

Room Tip: Take a suite. They're huge!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Newton Falls, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

I just read some of the recent reviews, and had to post that we did not experience anything like that during our recent stay at the Garfield Suites. My daughter made the reservation so she could run in a race that was in downtown Cincinnati. We checked in right away and were given an upgrade to a suite on the top floor. It was quite nice, while some of the suite did show a bit of wear from previous renters but that is normal. It was clean and comfortable. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly. I do not quite know why other reviews were so negative, our stay was just fine. The only negative I could say would be the light by the balcony door light my room a bit too much at night. That is really not a big issue.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank lifeartist59
Fort Wright, Kentucky
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013 via mobile

Horrible! I am high from the pot fumes and could make a wig from the extra hair in my room! The music is so loud I cannot sleep. This place is one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed in. I would rather stay anywhere else than here. It has made my trip very unpleasant.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Cincinnati, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Staff will bend backwards to help you or accommodate your needs and should be coaching others in the hospitality industry. Location is perfect, close to all important offices and landmarks but the furniture and carpets are very tired.

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Jeffersonville, Indiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013

Although the decor is outdated and a rude housekeeper asked me when i planned on checking out, our overall experiance was great! Staff is very helpful, and knowledgeable about their city. We stayed in 602, and it had great views.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family