I made a reservation for one night at Garfield Suites after seeing several four-star reviews. We do not share the enthusiasm of the four-star ratings. There are some positives: It's a pretty good location, particularly if you're in town for a football or baseball game. The manager at the front desk was very friendly and "upgraded" us to a two-bedroom, one-and-a-half bath suite. Sounded great. However, I had a bad feeling as soon as I walked through the rather old and weathered front doors and into a lobby that wasn't nearly as nice as the pictures indicate. I again had a bad feeling when we got off the elevator and saw the hallway was in need of vacuuming and a maid sitting on a bench in no hurry to remedy the situation. (The messy hallway was still there when we left in the morning.) The room was big but nothing to get excited about ... the furnishings are old and show plenty of wear. The TVs in the living area and one bedroom were flat screens, but in one bedroom it was a rather old 19-inch monitor with a mediocre picture. These are minor gripes, however. The sink in the main bathroom had a leaky fixture and water was pooling on the countertop. I had to lay a towel down on the counter to soak it up and leave it there or it would eventually have dripped onto the floor. The light fixture above a small dining table was missing. If you're looking for a lot of room at a low rate and these things don't bother you, then this would be fine. However, this hotel is in real need of upgrades. The manager was very friendly, but I think someone needs to light a fire under the cleaning staff. We did not sample the workout room, restaurant or bar areas, so I cannot comment on those facilities. We went out to eat, slept, and got out of there. I do think it's important to note that this hotel falls far short of a four-star review, at least in our experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Garfield Suites Hotel is one of Cincinnati's best hotels for leisure and business travelers alike, as well as for extended-stay guests. Situated in the entertainment district near the casino and Reds stadium, The Garfield Suites Hotel is the only downtown Cincinnati hotel offering multiple room condo-suites compared to the standard hotel rooms that the national chains offer. If you want a lot of space and convenience at budget-friendly prices, The Garfield Suites Hotel is the best choice in downtown Cincinnati Ohio hotels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelClick, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Garfield Suites Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Garfield Hotel Cincinnati
- Garfield Suites Hotel Cincinnati, Ohio