“This place is great”

Garfield Suites Hotel
Ranked #33 of 51 Hotels in Cincinnati
Reviewed 30 September 2008

Just visited Cincinnati for the MidPointMusic Festival, and this hotel was recommended on their "guest accomodation" suggestion list. I don't think I've ever had so much room for such a reasonable price anywhere. Two bedrooms, one and a half bathrooms, a full living room, and a kitchenette stocked with dishes, silverware and glasses.
We had a wonderful view from our upper floor, and the hotel was within easy walking distance of anywhere we wanted to go downtown. The front desk people were very cordial and helpful, and the room was clean and quiet. The furnishings aren't all brand new, but they are more than servicable, and add a bit of comfortable hominess to the accommodations.
I would definitely recommend The Garfield Suites to anyone visiting Cincinnati, for either business or vacation.
The only inconvenience we encountered was that the wireless service in our room for laptop use was intermittent, but we could have used the wifi at the Garfield Cafe downstairs if we chose to. I don't know if this was a more widespread concern than just our particular problem.
One caution for shower use: the faucets are not the circular "safety" dial type, and require adjusting the separate hot and cold taps, which can result in the water temperature getting uncomfortably hot suddenly, so caution must be used.
All and all, this is a great place to stay and we will definitely return anytime we're in Cincinnati.

There are newer reviews for Garfield Suites Hotel

Reviewed 25 September 2008

Excellent Service! Went to the Front Desk and asked for a different type of room...No problem. On Wednesday they had complimentary snacks and drinks, had a great conversation with the manager. Only reason it is not a 5 is the Air Conditioner was pretty loud.

Reviewed 23 September 2008

I stayed at the Garfield over the weekend of September 19-21. We had a large two bedroom suite, almost as big as my apartment, for $100 less than the Westin, two blocks away. We were walking distance from the ballpark and Oktoberfest. The room service was unbelievably cheap and fast. There was an actual cable package of about 95 channels, as opposed to the 6 or 7 you normally get, as well as a large flat screen TV and DVD player, and a TV in one of the bedrooms. The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful and the room was clean and neat. cosmetically it needed a little work, but that's a small thing to deal with. the air conditioner in the bedroom might bother some, because there is a bit of a hum, but I liked it because I heard absolutely no noise from the street or city. The kitchen was great, and we even cooked a full dinner. The housekeepers even loaded and ran the dishwasher for us. If I go back to Cincinnati I will definitely stay here.

Reviewed 22 September 2008

We recently visited Cincinnati for Oktoberfest 2008, and as usual, we stayed at the Garfield. I've been frequenting this hotel for 8 years now, as it has proven to be the best place to stay.

Upon check in the room was ready, very clean, with all the amenities present. The staff was extremely helpful, bringing some extra toiletries in mere minutes when we realized we had forgotten a few things.

We had dinner in the hotel restaurant our first night in town, and the food is excellent. Personally, I recommend, the Angus burger, but that's just me.

In all my times staying at the Garfield, the one thing that has struck me is the quiet of the hotel. They take their 'no party' policy seriously, and so you have no problems getting to sleep, even if you decide to turn in early or sleep late.

Also worth mentioning is the convenience of the location. With great restaurants and bars all around, it's only a few minutes walk from everything you need. Oktoberfest was a mere two blocks away, and it's only a few blocks more to the stadiums (Bengals/Reds).

Rates are excellent, with a two bedroom suite running about the same cost as a comparable single room at most other hotels downtown. All in all, this hotel delivers everything you need at sa price the other simply can't touch.

Reviewed 22 September 2008

As a Corporate Meeting Planner I work with alot of hotels, convention centers, etc and I can assure anyone that the Banquet Department at this hotel can be counted on for anything and everything.

Our meetings ALWAYS go over smoothly and the hotel can always accomodate our frequently changing needs during meetings.

Food is always good, Meeting Space varies and can accomodate many different set ups from board room style to 70 Theater style.

We love the Garfield!!!!

Reviewed 21 September 2008

Five star rating all around. Great hotel (all condos) Excellent customer service, centrally located, easy walk to everything (including Great American Ball Park). Prices are GREAT!!!

After enjoying a fun filled weekend, found out I had forgotten couple of items in Hotel Lobby. Phoned hotel Sunday night,
by Monday, everything was being sent back to me. WOW!!!
Truly an enjoyable experience. Special thanks to Joan in Housekeeping and Mick in Cust Srvc/Sales. Kudos to both of you.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 September 2008

I recently booked the Garfield suites for a regional meeting. I called the banquet manager ahead of time and discussed with him the meeting room set up as well as the breakfast and lunch options. The morning of the meeting he pulls me aside and informs me that it would be easier to choose from a small individual menu as apposed to the agreed upon buffet selection.

He brings up the menu and i have to have all the attendees select there lunch. I got the impression that i was being asked to change because the were not prepared to handle my origional request.

Having had these meetings for over 20 years, it did not take long for me to realize something was not right. There was 1 pitcher of water setting on the back table for a set up of 24 people as apposed to several pitchers on the the tables for easy access. Once he set up the breakfast, we never saw him again until lunch.

Around 11:30 it became very warm in the room, and we called down to the front desk three times to get some one to check the air. I was told the the air conditions compressor had went out. i concluded my meeting one hour early as a result.

My attendees sat with plates, glasses silverware and uneaten food in front of them until 3pm on the tables in front of them until i asked them for there removal.

This banquet manager nor the hotel managment in this writers opinion took resposibility of this embarrising display professinalism. I am very upset , AND WOULD NOT RECOMMEND any orginization to hold your meetings at this hotel.