“Garfield Suites, Cincinnati, Ohio”

Garfield Suites Hotel
Ranked #37 of 51 Hotels in Cincinnati
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Prior to booking at Garfield Suites I read many reviews on it and other places. I was looking for a location not to far from another event. I would definitely book there again.
Pros:
The help was fantastic, especially the front desk.
There is a restaurant that is open different times during the day, and has room service during the restaurant's hours. Food is reasonably priced.
There's a number of vending machines.
Laundry facilities are on several different floors plus they offer dry cleaning and laundry service.
The hotel room has a very nice layout which included a walk-in closet and a room safe.
The kitchen included a dishwasher, and had all of the basics needed to cook.
The room was very clean.
The bed was comfortable and had 6 fat firm pillows across the top.
Flatscreen tv in the living room, cable with many channels; older tv that worked fine in the bedroom.
Cons:
You are in the city, you will hear sirens off and on.
Parking can be an issue if the parking garage is full. We parked on the street and then moved the car after 4:30 to the parking garage.
Others had commented on the bubbling of carpet, I only saw this in the hallway, not in our room.
The furniture is dated somewhat, however our room looked good.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
GarfieldSuites, General Manager at Garfield Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Thank you for your feedback! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our hotel! We are especially pleased that you found our staff to be "fantastic, especially the front desk" and that you found everything to be clean and comfortable (especially the pillows) and you enjoyed our large 42" plasma TVs in the suites. Parking in any downtown location can, at times, be a challenge, but, guests are reminded that valet parking is also available here and that is always the most convenient option. Self parking here is still only $6/day M-F and $3/day on weekends (best rates in the city!) and the garage will fill to capacity only 4-5 days per year. Please do not hesitate to call me when you're coming back to Cincinnati! I would love the opportunity to answer your questions or handle any special requests personally. My cell # is 513.728.5394. Sincerely - Mick Douthat

Reviewed 13 August 2014

Dont waste your money. Dirty room, tv and remote not compatible, asked for no feather pillows due to wife's allergies got feather pillows. No bellhop, no valet for parking. Was told thee penthouse suits had a wet bar, and whirlpool tub and there wasn't. Patio door doesn't look. Bathrooms are small with no fans. Closets had trash left in from someone else's stay. Will not stay here ever again. We have had better at a Super 8!

• Stayed: August 2014
GarfieldSuites, General Manager at Garfield Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Dear PickysGirl,

We are extremely concerned and frankly, very confused about your review. First and foremost, we do not offer feather pillows at The Garfield Suites Hotel but we offer 2 types of pillows, polyfoam "down simulated" and memory foam firm pillows. Due to the prevalence of allergies, we do not offer feather pillows. We have bellhops on duty 24 hours/day 7days/week so, also confused as to your comment that "no bellhop available". The management and staff of The Garfield Suites Hotel takes great pride in providing spacious accommodations that are pristine-clean and well maintained. We take the comfort of our guests seriously and hold ourselves 100% accountable if we fail in this endeavor. Please find the time to call me sometime at your convenience to discuss briefly. My cell # is 513.728.5394 - Sincerely, Mick Douthat - General Manager

Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel because the other hotels were booked. The first problem was we requested towels and it took two days to receive them. The second incident was when housekeeping came to clean our room, they left our door open. Luckly, no items were stolen. Also, my card was deactivated for no reason. We also put the "do no disturb" sign up but they clean our room anyway. I will never stay here again.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Dear Taleesha,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us regarding your stay. The Garfield Suites Hotel takes situations like the one you shared here very seriously and I would love the opportunity to speak with you personally. I am extremely puzzled why it would take 2 days for you to receive extra towels as we have housemen on duty 24 hours/day to fulfill such requests. We take great pride in our reputation of providing excellent and extremely responsive service and hold ourselves accountable to offer nothing less than superior and friendly service. Please do not hesitate to call me at your convenience on my cell at 513.728.5394

Reviewed 6 August 2014

This Hotel was nice when we stayed. Within walking distance of most things. We walked all over downtown and even over to Great American Ballpark. The hotel could use some updating but overall it was a nice hotel. It was a little dated once in the rooms with some old tvs and the carpet could use some tlc or updating. Otherwise not a bad place to stay. You have to park in city parking garage and the "maze" to and from the Hotel to the Garage is a little confusing and could be updated or brought to ground level for better access or security. But they made us feel very welcome and were very nice and helpful.

Room Tip: Choose a room that faces out to some good views. Not any river views but there are some interesting...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback regarding your stay with us at The Garfield Suites Hotel. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you would stay again as you found our location convenient, the rooms spacious, and the overall value to be outstanding. We look forward to hosting you again and please do not hesitate to call for any special requests. My cell # is 513.728.5394 - Mick Douthat - General Manager

Reviewed 31 July 2014

I would never stay here again, unfortunately I left the booking of the hotel to a friend and that was the first mistake. The room was right out of the early 1980's, please take my advice and do not stay here! Spend the extra money and stay somewhere half decent!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 July 2014

How this how rates 4 or of 5 stars is beyond me. My wife and I stayed at the Garfield on the 29th. Hotel is dated, carpeting was bubbled up in hallways, food left in cupboards from previous guests. Bathroom sink counter falling apart and towel racks coming off the walls. Place was dirty, too gross to mention here. Would never stay or recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank duece49
Reviewed 30 July 2014

This hotel was overbooked for the weekend of July 25-27 and we suffered the consequences. Several unsatisfactory aspects of the room were either delayed in resolving or went unresolved completely. We politely asked to change rooms but were denied (more than once). No functioning bathroom is apparently low priority to them, and their telling us "We'll send someone as soon as possible" translated to EIGHTH hours later and repeated calls and visits to the front desk. This hotel is old and dated. It is in serious need of renovations. I am okay with older hotels, but I am not okay with bad service and basic necessities not working. I even got the excuse that Maintenance found a "Do Not Disturb" sign on our door...NOT TRUE! Why would I use such a sign while waiting for service? I even had to turn away housekeeping because we had to wait for maintenance to arrive to be sure they fixed our bathroom before they went home for the day. After they FINALLY got to the room, they did the bare minimum and rushed out. The toilet and shower never really worked correctly our whole stay. The air conditioner was controlled by one device on the wall but only came through a bedroom vent. This made the bedroom cold and the rest of the suite warm. Finally, if anyone reading this review is a light sleeper at all, do NOT stay here! The outside traffic, sirens, street people, and activity were EXTREMELY loud, especially on Friday night. This hotel was fairly convenient to a wide variety of restaurants (and even the nice Horseshoe Casino). It was only a mile walk to either stadium (Great American Ballpark, Paul Brown Arena). However, other hotels were also convenient and that is where I'd suggest you try staying as opposed to the Garfield.

Room Tip: I would guess that rooms closest to the street are the worst, in relation to noise level.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple