“A stay here will give you renewed hope for humanity”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Cincinnati-Eastgate
Ranked #15 of 51 Hotels in Cincinnati
Reviewed 22 September 2013

I have travelled extensively, for a period of time living in hotels, and I can honestly say that I have never stayed anywhere in all that time where the personnel were as professional, kind, interested and accommodating as those who work at the Holiday Inn at the Eastgate location.
I was really wondering if I hadn't left the world I knew in dealing with the concern and hospitality of all the employees. I could not recommend a better stay anywhere.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 19 September 2013

From the time we checked in until we left,the staff at HI eastgate treat you like family.I would like to mention a employee Karen Lindsey this woman bends over backwards the entire length of your stay at HOLIDAY INN EASTGATE i wish i had enough words to say how she goes above and beyond her duties to make sure every little detail is met NEVER LET HER GO the HI Eastgate would never be the same Jennifer Cassidy

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 September 2013

I stayed at this hotel from 9-10-2013 to 9-13-2013 for a training session for work. The room was amazingly clean.The staff was great.The restaurant McKennas was super nice. I did not know what to expect when I went on this trip. I was new to the area and have never really eaten in the hotels restaurant and I knew noone there;however, the waiter Tony was the highlight of my stay. He was very entertaining and thoroughly enjoyed making others laugh. I would recommend if you were to stay at this hotel then you should eat McKenna's restaurant. You will not be disappointed, but oh make sure you go when Tony is working. You get a meal and entertainment with out leaving the premises. If I am ever in Cincy Ohio again even if I do not stay at the Holiday Inn I will eat at McKenna's

Room Tip: I did not use the spa. Not even sure that they had one.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 September 2013

I stay at this hotel at least a few nights each month. Because of the time difference, I always mosey down to the bar the first night to try to wind down. Carol is usually the one there, and she greets me by name and makes sure my glass isn't empty. I enjoy the friendly conversation as well.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 September 2013

We chose the Holiday Inn Eastgate for our wedding guests. The hotel was difficult to communicate with and slow to respond to emails. Even before all invitations were mailed a few family members called to make reservations under the wedding block. They were told no rooms were left in the wedding block. This happened to a half dozen guests. I called the hotel and was very upset and was told the rooms were all still available and had a few guests transferred to the wedding block. I found out after the wedding that some guests chose a different hotel because they couldn’t get the wedding block discounted rate because it was full. I don’t know if this was a computer system issue or lack of training of your front desk staff.

We were offered a complimentary shuttle to and from our reception venue (10 min away) because we had over 20 rooms booked from the wedding block. The shuttle driver did not know how to get to our venue, the Cincinnati Nature Center (a popular local attraction). Guests had to look up directions on their smartphones to direct the driver. The first shuttle was full so the driver told 4 family members he would return to pick them up. He never returned. These family members missed the wedding ceremony waiting for another guest to leave the venue and go back to the hotel to pick them up.

My husband and I booked a suite for the weekend and we were refused any discounts even though we were the ones who brought all this business to the hotel in the first place! We didn't even get a note from the manager congratulating us or thanking us for the business!

I would never recommend this hotel to anyone, especially for a special event. Dealing with all the issues added even more stress to a difficult time of preparing for the wedding. And our guests were unhappy as well which is upsetting because it reflects poorly on my husband and I for choosing this hotel. Be aware of how unorganized and poor trained the staff is. Might be fine just booking a night or two online, but forget dealing with this hotel for weddings, corporate events or anything that requires more attention to detail.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank annidonia
BrianWipprecht, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Cincinnati-Eastgate, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn & Suites Cincinnati-Eastgate. This was a very disappointing review of our hotel, and one that we will take very seriously. I apologize that we did not exceed your expectations. I will address all of the incidences that you experienced during your stay and prior to your stay. We will take the steps necessary to correct these issues. One item that has already been addressed is our Shuttle Vendor. Due to the mistakes made over this weekend we did part ways with them and are now using another vendor. I apologize that this affected the wedding and your guest’s experience. I understand that is extremely frustrating.

We do appreciate your feedback, and will use this as an opportunity to improve our services and our facility.

At your service,

Brian Wipprecht
Holiday Inn & Suites Cincinnati-Eastgate
bwipprecht@midashospitality.com

Reviewed 5 September 2013

Was in town visiting for Labor Day weekend and booked two nights here. My wife, our Dog and I had a nice relaxing stay. The rooms were clean and the bed was extremely comfortable. The hotel lobby was really nice, but I didn't get a chance to check out the bar and restaurant. This was close to I-275 and there was a lot of restaurants and shopping in the area. Would stay again for sure!

Room Tip: We took our dog and requested a first floor room. This building has six floors, so being on the lowe...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 August 2013

I was at the Holiday Inn Eastgate for an event last weekend. We visited the restaurant McKenna's before hand. I was in a group of 6 and we all got the steak sandwich. It took a little while for them to come out because one of them was medium well. Tony the server was nice enough to inform us of that. When the Steak Sandwiches came out they were well worth it. Mine was the best Steak Sandwich I have ever had. Chef Gary was nice enough to come out and check up on us as well as the fine job Tony did as our server. I come to the Eastgate location of the Holiday inn for several functions a year, and would HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family