“The stay was fantastic” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #11 of 47 Hotels in Cincinnati
Racine, Wisconsin
“The stay was fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014

Janet was great. She brought us a cot right away for the night. That was very nice of her! The hosts up front were also kind and helped with everything we needed. The only thing wrong was the breakfast was very sub par

• Stayed April 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BrianWipprecht, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Cincinnati-Eastgate, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Zthomas92,

Thank you for taking time to share your recent experience at the Holiday Inn Eastgate. I'm very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay, and that Janet and our Front Desk took great care of you. If you would like to contact me directly regarding breakfast service, I would love to gain your feedback there as well.

Thank you again, we look forward to you next stay at the Holiday Inn.

At your service,

Brian Wipprecht
Holiday Inn & Suites Cincinnati-Eastgate
bwipprecht@midashospitality.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Louisville, Kentucky
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014

If it wasn't for the staff, I'd be writing a negative review. From the pictures online and the description, the rooms seemed updated and bright. I found them to be anything but.
CONS: Our room seemed dark and old. ALL of the wood furniture had a lots of scuffs and scratches and looked very dated. There was even a set of obviously OLD encyclopedias on the shelves in the entertainment center. Everything from the weird shower with the gross looking spa jets to the torn lamp shade just made everything look old and unclean. I know the room was "clean" and the bedding was fine, it just didn't feel like it because of the decor. The air conditioner in the living room area was so loud I don't know how the kids slept. The elevator was slow and very noisy too.
PROs: I will say my kids had a ball at the pool and it was maintained pretty well. The hotel is located in a nice area. The staff- check in was very pleasant. After being in the room for a little while I called the front desk to see if they had any updated rooms. They said this room was updated about 3 years ago (it looked like the 1980's). They could not have been nicer. A manager answered our call and she was so gracious and sincere. Honestly, I was ready to leave but she was just so darned nice I didn't have the heart.
While the staff was excellent, I wouldn't recommend the hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Sandy,

Thank you for taking the time to provide and share your feedback with us. I was glad to read that you and your children enjoyed the pool, and that the staff was very helpful and pleasant. I appreciate you recognizing our Front Desk Manager as well; I agree she does an outstanding job! I do, however, understand that there were several issues you experienced regarding the room and property. I can assure you that your comments were not taken lightly. As we look at ways to improve our product quality moving forward, I will use your feedback as a great example. Thank you for staying with us and if there is ever any way I can be of further assistance, please let me know.

At your service,

Brian Wipprecht
Holiday Inn & Suites Cincinnati-Eastgate
bwipprecht@midashospitality.com
Wooster, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014

When I was eating breakfast Carolyn was nice and helpful on what I should do for the day since my husband will be in meetings most of the day. Also wish I knew her name rode up in the elevator with me since I'm a tad bit scared to ride them by myself. Anyway, staff is great!

• Stayed April 2014
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014

Big Thank You to Birgit, Carolyn and John. Great time in McKenna's restaurant. The pink umbrella was a neat touch.
Room was large , neat and comfortable. Nice having washer and dryer on the same floor.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Saint Clair Shores, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014

Stayed here many times and have never had any issues. This last time I finally tried the breakfast buffet. The service and food were just as I expected, great. Carolyn in the restaurant made me feel like I was at home.

Room Tip: The 2nd floor is the smoking floor.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

Staff was excellent for the entire 7 weeks I was there. Apart from the occasional overuse of the phrase "my pleasure", much of the courtesy shown by the front desk, housekeepers, and restaurant staff seemed genuine. Servers Carolyn and Birgit of the McKenna's restaurant morning staff were especially helpful, and housekeeper Missy was very attentive. Apart from the elevators which sounded like they needed some attention, I felt very comfortable from start to finish, and the hot tub was very relaxing. Being within walking distance from restaurants, the mall, and a grocery store was a definite plus. I will definitely keep this hotel in mind the next time I am in the Cincinnati area.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Milford, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

The hotel was clean, minor scuff marks on walls, elevators and some stains on carpet; the cleanliness of the pool area, gym and hot tub was excellent! My kids had a wonderful time. The bed was very comfortable.
The breakfast buffet was great but the service was even better. Our server, Carolyn, was delightful! We actually showed up a few minutes after closing of the breakfast bar, but she said come on in and no one made us feel like we were an inconvenience. She had such great patience with my very talkative six year old! The cook, John, was also good- the food was very tasty - especially for a buffet.
We will be staying again. The customer service is top notch and the desire for each guest to have a great experience is evident.

• Stayed March 2014