Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Cincinnati-Eastgate
Ranked #14 of 51 Hotels in Cincinnati
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Staying at HIS while condo being painted. Nice restaurant, quiet with good food. Diane was quite proficient quite helpful in housekeeping. The only issue was major road work in the area - a bit nosy during the day.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank John C

Reviewed 8 April 2014

The staff was always very pleasant during my extended stay. Always very helpful in recommending where to hang out on the weekends. Tony, Barry, McKency, Josh, Chris the cook, Garry(in charge of the dinner special menu), John, Sheila, Carolyn, Duane(the other chef), Tyler, Birgit, and Melody were always very attentive to makeing us feel like home. Thanks for everything!
Beth G.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Beth G
Reviewed 5 April 2014

Janet was great. She brought us a cot right away for the night. That was very nice of her! The hosts up front were also kind and helped with everything we needed. The only thing wrong was the breakfast was very sub par

• Stayed: April 2014
BrianWipprecht, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Cincinnati-Eastgate, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Zthomas92,

Thank you for taking time to share your recent experience at the Holiday Inn Eastgate. I'm very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay, and that Janet and our Front Desk took great care of you. If you would like to contact me directly regarding breakfast service, I would love to gain your feedback there as well.

Thank you again, we look forward to you next stay at the Holiday Inn.

At your service,

Brian Wipprecht
Holiday Inn & Suites Cincinnati-Eastgate
bwipprecht@midashospitality.com

Reviewed 1 April 2014

If it wasn't for the staff, I'd be writing a negative review. From the pictures online and the description, the rooms seemed updated and bright. I found them to be anything but.
CONS: Our room seemed dark and old. ALL of the wood furniture had a lots of scuffs and scratches and looked very dated. There was even a set of obviously OLD encyclopedias on the shelves in the entertainment center. Everything from the weird shower with the gross looking spa jets to the torn lamp shade just made everything look old and unclean. I know the room was "clean" and the bedding was fine, it just didn't feel like it because of the decor. The air conditioner in the living room area was so loud I don't know how the kids slept. The elevator was slow and very noisy too.
PROs: I will say my kids had a ball at the pool and it was maintained pretty well. The hotel is located in a nice area. The staff- check in was very pleasant. After being in the room for a little while I called the front desk to see if they had any updated rooms. They said this room was updated about 3 years ago (it looked like the 1980's). They could not have been nicer. A manager answered our call and she was so gracious and sincere. Honestly, I was ready to leave but she was just so darned nice I didn't have the heart.
While the staff was excellent, I wouldn't recommend the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Sandy,

Thank you for taking the time to provide and share your feedback with us. I was glad to read that you and your children enjoyed the pool, and that the staff was very helpful and pleasant. I appreciate you recognizing our Front Desk Manager as well; I agree she does an outstanding job! I do, however, understand that there were several issues you experienced regarding the room and property. I can assure you that your comments were not taken lightly. As we look at ways to improve our product quality moving forward, I will use your feedback as a great example. Thank you for staying with us and if there is ever any way I can be of further assistance, please let me know.

At your service,

Brian Wipprecht
Holiday Inn & Suites Cincinnati-Eastgate
bwipprecht@midashospitality.com

Reviewed 1 April 2014

When I was eating breakfast Carolyn was nice and helpful on what I should do for the day since my husband will be in meetings most of the day. Also wish I knew her name rode up in the elevator with me since I'm a tad bit scared to ride them by myself. Anyway, staff is great!

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 26 March 2014

Big Thank You to Birgit, Carolyn and John. Great time in McKenna's restaurant. The pink umbrella was a neat touch.
Room was large , neat and comfortable. Nice having washer and dryer on the same floor.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 March 2014

Stayed here many times and have never had any issues. This last time I finally tried the breakfast buffet. The service and food were just as I expected, great. Carolyn in the restaurant made me feel like I was at home.

Room Tip: The 2nd floor is the smoking floor.