Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Cincinnati-Eastgate
Ranked #15 of 52 Hotels in Cincinnati
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Because the weather was just beautiful, I wanted to be outside rather than at a conference. But this hotel made it easier to handle because of their fine service and friendly staff. From start to finish, it was a perfect stay for the few days we were there. Thanks so much!!
Dee Goodwin

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank msdeertm

Reviewed 13 April 2014

Carolyn, our server in McKenna's Restaurant, was very nice and attentive. The room was clean and neat and the people at the front desk were very nice and accomodating. I would definitely recommend this hotel to a anyone staying in the Cincinnati area.

1  Thank ejanuszki
Reviewed 10 April 2014

I had a very enjoyable stay here. I was here on a work trip but felt right at home. Everything was very clean and the staff was excellent. Especially Carolyn in the restaurant. I would stay here again for work or personal travel.

1  Thank Amyjobomo
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Staying at HIS while condo being painted. Nice restaurant, quiet with good food. Diane was quite proficient quite helpful in housekeeping. The only issue was major road work in the area - a bit nosy during the day.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank John C
Reviewed 8 April 2014

The staff was always very pleasant during my extended stay. Always very helpful in recommending where to hang out on the weekends. Tony, Barry, McKency, Josh, Chris the cook, Garry(in charge of the dinner special menu), John, Sheila, Carolyn, Duane(the other chef), Tyler, Birgit, and Melody were always very attentive to makeing us feel like home. Thanks for everything!
Beth G.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Beth G
Reviewed 5 April 2014

Janet was great. She brought us a cot right away for the night. That was very nice of her! The hosts up front were also kind and helped with everything we needed. The only thing wrong was the breakfast was very sub par

• Stayed: April 2014
BrianWipprecht, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Cincinnati-Eastgate, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Zthomas92,

Thank you for taking time to share your recent experience at the Holiday Inn Eastgate. I'm very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay, and that Janet and our Front Desk took great care of you. If you would like to contact me directly regarding breakfast service, I would love to gain your feedback there as well.

Thank you again, we look forward to you next stay at the Holiday Inn.

At your service,

Brian Wipprecht
Holiday Inn & Suites Cincinnati-Eastgate
bwipprecht@midashospitality.com

Reviewed 1 April 2014

If it wasn't for the staff, I'd be writing a negative review. From the pictures online and the description, the rooms seemed updated and bright. I found them to be anything but.
CONS: Our room seemed dark and old. ALL of the wood furniture had a lots of scuffs and scratches and looked very dated. There was even a set of obviously OLD encyclopedias on the shelves in the entertainment center. Everything from the weird shower with the gross looking spa jets to the torn lamp shade just made everything look old and unclean. I know the room was "clean" and the bedding was fine, it just didn't feel like it because of the decor. The air conditioner in the living room area was so loud I don't know how the kids slept. The elevator was slow and very noisy too.
PROs: I will say my kids had a ball at the pool and it was maintained pretty well. The hotel is located in a nice area. The staff- check in was very pleasant. After being in the room for a little while I called the front desk to see if they had any updated rooms. They said this room was updated about 3 years ago (it looked like the 1980's). They could not have been nicer. A manager answered our call and she was so gracious and sincere. Honestly, I was ready to leave but she was just so darned nice I didn't have the heart.
While the staff was excellent, I wouldn't recommend the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Sandy,

Thank you for taking the time to provide and share your feedback with us. I was glad to read that you and your children enjoyed the pool, and that the staff was very helpful and pleasant. I appreciate you recognizing our Front Desk Manager as well; I agree she does an outstanding job! I do, however, understand that there were several issues you experienced regarding the room and property. I can assure you that your comments were not taken lightly. As we look at ways to improve our product quality moving forward, I will use your feedback as a great example. Thank you for staying with us and if there is ever any way I can be of further assistance, please let me know.

At your service,