“Hyatt is a hit”

Hyatt Regency Cincinnati
Ranked #9 of 51 Hotels in Cincinnati
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

Great hotel in the heart of the downtown area. Walk to everything. Lobby big and lots of window and a large glass roof, so spacious. Check in easy, room ready, valet parking. Rooms are very large and comfy beds. The fitness center is nice and the pool is I door, but it has a nice Sundeck to enjoy. Walkway to parking.

Stayed: July 2014
HRCincinnati, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Cincinnati, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Thank you for sharing a review. We are proud to earn 5 stars in your review with our great downtown location, large comfortable rooms and indoor pool with sundeck. We hope to see you again soon on your next trip in from Chicago.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,407)

Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

When we checked in we were created warmly by the hotel desk staff. The valet parking was a problem. They either had too few workers or not properly trained. It took 10 minutes for them to take our keys. When we would ask for our car at a slow time it took up to 30 minutes to get the car.

The bar is too much glass and metal. It makes the noise reverberate so much you can barely hear people at you table. When you are trying to talk to business people that you are trying to get acquainted with this is a problem. Also, not much choice in draft beer. The noise is not because of loud music. They had games on with the sound off.

The rooms are nice and bed is comfortable. The only issue that I had with the room is that the cups they supply did not fit the coffee maker and I had to hold both the coffee maker and cup up at an angle for the coffee to drain into cup.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are so glad that you found the rooms comfortable and to your liking. The Red Roost Tavern bar can get a little noisy depending on what day it is -- there is always the dining area or our "Library" off the lobby for quieter conversations. Thank you.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

You can't go wrong with this Hyatt. The rooms are comfortable and clean. Service was good and efficient. The location downtown is in the heart of shopping, sports arenas, convention center, and near the river. It is connected to Saks and Macy's by skywalks. The one suggestion I would make to travelers is to valet park, or be prepared to walk a long distance with luggage. We took 2 cars - valet parked one and self parked the other. We should have valet parked both. I will stay here again when visiting Cincinnati.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 June 2014

I spent three nights this past week at the Hyatt Regency Cincinnati and had a good stay. I've stayed at the Westin, Hilton Netherland, and Cincinnatian, and the Hyatt Regency is right there with them. I chose to park myself rather than use the valet at the hotel. There is a garage on Race Street just south of Fifth (past the light at Fifth and Race, immediate right turn into garage). If you don't need come and go parking privileges, it's a relative bargain at $15 per night and you can access the hotel via the skywalk without going outside. I did book a king room but for some reason they could only offer me 2 doubles or 1 queen so I took the queen room. The room was fine, clean, no issues, other than the wireless internet. You need to pay for the internet service (unless you have a deal that provides it for free) and it comes either in standard (agonizingly slow) or premium (slow). I had breakfast in the restaurant in the lobby in the mornings. They have a quick grab-and-go coffee shop as well as a proper sit down restaurant. I had the breakfast buffet at the restaurant which was very good. All in all, a pretty good downtown hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I stayed here for a conference in early April, 2014. My room was nice, the standard king room, but it was quite small. I found check-in and check-out to take longer than usual but I think the hotel was a bit overwhelmed with the mass comings and goings of the conference crowd. They did, however, do a great job of accommodating the luggage of people who checked out but were still finishing up with conference sessions. I would recommend requesting late check-out.

The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. My only complaint is the quality of coffee and fixings, but I nabbed a few liquid creamers (the hotel provides powered cream- yuck!) from the continental breakfast at the conference and made it work. They also have a Starbucks in the lobby for a good cup of coffee

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 June 2014

This hotel is beautiful! the staff is perfect from check in, room service, valets...everyone was just wonderful. The hotel is located in the middle of a wonderful downtown...so close to the Reds and Bengala!!!! I will definitely stay there again!!! thank you!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Stayed for 8 nights on business in early June. Comfortable, all the amenities you would expect for a downtown property. I had to ask to get the carpet vacuumed. What I found most off-putting were the dirty windows. On the inside. Both my room and the common window next to the elevators had stuff spilled on them. And the doorway from the hotel to the skywalk to the Duke Energy Center ... let's put it this way, you could fingerprint every guest who has walked through in the past month. I told the front desk. Nothing. Bring your own window cleaning supplies.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Linda1117
HRCincinnati, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Cincinnati, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Hi, thanks for taking time out to review our location. We're happy to hear that your room met your expectations. In the Red Roost Tavern, we pride ourselves on customer service and apologize that your experience was so poor. Be reassured that we'll be passing your feedback onto our staff.