I've stayed at quite a few HIE over the years and this one is probably at the bottom of the list. It's not BAD but then again it's not the Renissance O'Hare either. The rooms could use some updating and a thorough cleaning. Mildew in the bathtub and stains on the ceiilng are just a few of the items noted.
My biggest issue was with the A/C. I'm not sure if it just needed a good cleaning or what but the smell it produced was pure mildew (you know....that smell you get when you put away a wet tent and then take it out weeks later....that smell).
The door to our room was also extremely hard to open.
Front desk...top notch as always.
Pool...REALLY old and patched up outdoor pool...has seen it's better days.
Location...pretty convenient to anything around Cincinnati...make sure you have a 4-wheel drive to get yourself up into the parking lot as the motel sits on the side of a VERY large hill.
Pillows...HIE does offer "soft" and "firm" pillows on each bed (notated by the clever pillow case embroidery). I'm not sure if anyone pays attention when they put the cases on the pillows though. I certainly couldnt tell "soft" from "firm". These have to be the loudest pillows around too. The type of pillow when you move your head it sounds like someone is cracking peanut shells in your ears.
Door (again)....I fully understand putting the type of handles on the door that allows the elderly or handicap the abilty to open the door...but cant someone make a 'Do Not Disturb' sign that will stay on this crazy thing and not keep falling on the floor every time you open the door? We put robot rovers on Mars but HIE cannot get a door placard that stays put. :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our western Cincinnati hotel is centrally located to where you want to be! Located only 10 miles from downtown Cincinnati, the Holiday Inn Express Cincinnati West is central to Cincinnati's business centers and tourist attractions. Located off I-74 at exit 11, Rybolt Road, and only 15 miles from Cincinnati-Northern Kentucky International Airport, your hotel is within just a few minutes of 4 Cincinnati convention centers. Duke Energy Convention Center, Northern Kentucky Convention Center, Wyoming Civic Center, and Sharonville Convention Center are all within fifteen miles of our hotel. Our Cincinnati accommodations also offer close proximity to many corporate businesses, including Proctor & Gamble (P&G), General Electric (GE), Kroger Company and Chiquita Brands. Getting to tourist attractions is easy from your western Cincinnati hotel, which is only a short drive from downtown Cincinnati and Newport on the Levee. Sports fans will appreciate our close proximity to the stadiums of both the Cincinnati Reds and the Cincinnati Bengals. Other nearby attractions include Kings Island and the Argosy Casino in Lawrenceburg, IN. Your hotel offers free high-speed, wireless Internet access along with a Hot Breakfast each day. The hotel also features an outdoor pool with sun deck, a fitness center and a business center. Come and Stay Smart at the Holiday Inn Express Cincinnati West. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Cincinnati West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Cincinnati West Hotel Cincinnati
- Holiday Inn Express Cincinnati West Ohio