Our stay at the Netherlands plaza really exceeded our expectation for a vintage hotel. We had a remodeled room with a great river view. Prior to our arrival, the hotel did contact us if we really wanted a whirlpool suite or a 2 room suite, we didn't know why, but when we arrived and checked out the whirlpool we opted of the 2 room suite. The whirlpool was small and wouldn't be comfortable for people over 5' tall. Bit once we got settled in, we had a quick snack in the executive lounge which was nicely furnished with a nice selection of desert and beverages. Then off to the lobby bar for a drink and possibly dinner. We were impressed with the menu offering in the bar lounge. The chicken wings, burger and even the garlic fries were beautifully plated and delicious. The staff were excellent and even the bar manager stopped by to see how we liked our meals. We commented on the condition of the artwork and the condition of the hotel. She did suggest that we should view the halls of mirror, she even helped us to get a security guard to open up the hall for us to have a quick tour. The hall was breath-taking and we can only envision how it could have been back in the days.
Our stay at the hilton was good, the only complaint I have is the size of the bathtub/shower. When they renovated the room, I wished they should have installed curve shower rod. I don't recall being in such a tight space for a shower in decades.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 1. Opened in 1931, this updated National Historic Landmark and charter member of Historic Hotels of America is one of the world's finest examples of French art deco in existence. Located within Carew Tower with shops & restaurants and centrally located across from Fountain Square. Within four blocks of 90+ shops, restaurants, bars and attractions including Great American Ball Park and Paul Brown Stadium. One block from Duke Energy Convention Center and connected via skywalk. Renovated guestrooms feature mini fridge, safe, wifi access, flat-screen tvs with expanded high-definition programming, new seating, sound dampening blackout curtains and soft goods. Award-winning on-site dining including Forbes Four Star rated Orchids at Palm Court, named #7 Best Restaurant in the USA (OpenTable, 2014); casual dining in The Grille at Palm Court; relaxed fare, signature cocktails & private label microbrew in The Bar at Palm Court. Complimentary access to The Gym at Carew Tower, a 13,000 sq ft fitness facility located in hotel's lower level, with a pool, Jacuzzi, 10+ treadmills, 10+ ellipticals, free weights and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Ebookers, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza Hotel Cincinnati
- Hilton Hotel Cincinnati
- Cincinnati Hilton
- Hilton Netherland Plaza Hotel Cincinnati
- Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza Ohio