The Hilton Netherland dates back to the 1930s, when it was very glamorous, and it has hosted many famous guests since then. It's not as glamorous now - the rooms are pretty small and it's clearly an older building - but the hotel has been renovated and has updated furnishings while retaining the best elements of its Art Deco style (the bar/restaurant is particularly impressive).
I found the service to be good and friendly, and they even loaned us a wheelchair for the weekend for an elderly family member who was traveling with us.
The hotel is very well-situated in the middle of downtown Cincinnati. The building itself has an observation tower and a good selection of retail stores. Unfortunately, the parking in the hotel is valet parking, which was both unreliable and expensive at $25 per day. There is also a $6/day wi-fi charge, even for Hilton silver members (it's free at other Hilton properties), so these charges can make a stay a lot more expensive.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 1. Opened in 1931, this updated National Historic Landmark and charter member of Historic Hotels of America is one of the world's finest examples of French art deco in existence. Located within Carew Tower with shops & restaurants and centrally located across from Fountain Square. Within four blocks of 90+ shops, restaurants, bars and attractions including Great American Ball Park and Paul Brown Stadium. One block from Duke Energy Convention Center and connected via skywalk. Renovated guestrooms feature mini fridge, safe, wifi access, flat-screen tvs with expanded high-definition programming, new seating, sound dampening blackout curtains and soft goods. Award-winning on-site dining including Forbes Four Star rated Orchids at Palm Court, named #7 Best Restaurant in the USA (OpenTable, 2014); casual dining in The Grille at Palm Court; relaxed fare, signature cocktails & private label microbrew in The Bar at Palm Court. Complimentary access to The Gym at Carew Tower, a 13,000 sq ft fitness facility located in hotel's lower level, with a pool, Jacuzzi, 10+ treadmills, 10+ ellipticals, free weights and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza Hotel Cincinnati
- Hilton Hotel Cincinnati
- Cincinnati Hilton
- Hilton Netherland Plaza Hotel Cincinnati
- Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza Ohio