“Great Place!”

Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza
Ranked #7 of 51 Hotels in Cincinnati
Reviewed 29 July 2014

This place was very nice. The historical details of the hotel made it very pretty and I loved everything about it. The bathrooms and large closets were really neat! Great location if you're headed to the Great American Ballpark!!! Walking distance!! :)

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Christopher S, Manager at Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2014

KC W

Dear KC W:

Thank you for your kind comments about the hotel! We are pleased to know that you enjoyed the beauty and location of the hotel and that you found our guestrooms to be very neat. We will be sure to share your kind words with our management staff to share with their team members.

Many thanks for your valuable feedback, we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back whenever your travel plans return you to Cincinnati.

Managing Director

Write a ReviewReviews (2,617)

Reviewed 29 July 2014

This hotel is a welcoming place to stay whether for business or private vacation. The orchid restaurant is highly recommended. Excellent service overall. Hotel is central. Place quiet and safe. Beautiful view from windows of the skyline. workers are very attentive helpful and friendly. They even remember your surname.

Romijnster

Dear Romijnster:

Thank you too for your kind comments regarding your in dining experiences during your stay. We are well known for our food and beverage services and we will be sure to forward your kind words to our management staff to share with their team members.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

I was here on business and not footing the bill so I really don't have a lot to complain about. I will highlight some of the things I liked as well as what I didn't, just for clarity's sake.

This Hilton was nice to look at in the lobby and bar areas, and charming in a lot of spots like the marble wall fountain near the bar, but it was just OK in terms of amenities. The receptionist was very nice at check-in and the concierge tried to be helpful, although I found his restaurant suggestions rather pricey and overly touristy. He did help us on directions to the restaurant we decided on. I liked the bathroom in my room, it was very art deco in that Great Gatsby type of look, but small and not conducive to getting ready in the morning with a small shelf over the toilet providing the only other counter space. The location was great for us, centrally located and within walking distance. We did park our rental around the corner and that was a little awkward, but the cheaper option over valet. I did like how close it was to Macy's, which I immediately hit after checking in. I felt like my room was lacking something. It is older so the layout is constrained by the room size, and it was pretty up to date, but there was something about it that just felt off or perhaps a bit tired. I couldn't quite put my finger on it, but it didn't wow me like other Hiltons have. I did have a few drinks at the bar and it was nice, but a little overpriced. I live in Chicago and maybe it is wrong of me, but I don't necessarily expect to pay Chicago prices for drinks in Cincinnati, Ohio. In fact, sometimes I look forward to traveling to some other smaller cities, hoping to get a bit of a break from the price gouging of alcohol!

While I was there the Shriners were having their annual gala and it was highly entertaining seeing all of the gentlemen in tuxedos and ladies in gowns-they were all about 80 years old on average and really cute. I hope I am that dedicated to a cause when I am that age!

Overall, it served its purpose and I would recommend it to others, but if I have to travel back to the area, I might try something else just to see the area.

1  Thank Erin S
NetherlandPlaza, General Manager at Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

August 13, 2014

Erin S.

Dear Erin S.:

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your recent stay on TripAdvisor. We appreciate the opportunity that this provides us to respond directly to you.

Let me begin by thanking you for your positive comments in conjunction with your visit to Cincinnati on business. As a Blue HHonors Traveler, your thoughts are especially important to us.

We are pleased to know that you found our staff to be helpful and that you appreciated the original art deco design of the bathrooms and the recent modernization of our guestroom amenities. We also noted your comment regarding shelving in the bathroom – we are presently working with our owners group to address this shortcoming. Thank you for sharing this.

Thanks too for providing your comments on the Bar at Palm Court. We are happy to know that you enjoyed the experience overall. We’ll certainly consider your perspective on our pricing as we plan for the future. Thank you.

Erin S., should your travel plans return you to Cincinnati, please contact my Assistant Julie Heink at Julie.Heink@Hilton.com and reference this letter. We’ll be happy to oversee your reservations and insure that your stay is especially comfortable.

Many thanks for your valuable feedback.

Managing Director

Cc: Belvedere Hotels, Ltd.
John Howard, Director Brand Performance, Hilton Hotels
Matthew Coffey, Assistant General Manager
Todd Kelly, Executive Chef and Food & Beverage Director

Reviewed 28 July 2014

We traveled to Cincinnati to visit my grand daughter. Our hotel accomodations were at the Hilton Netherlands Hotel in downtown Cincinnati. The hotel's architecture and decor is breathtaking. What was even better was thel level of attention that was paid to every detail of our hotel stay. From a very friendly and courteous wait staff, to wonderful restaurant accomodations, to a room that was simply over the top (clean, beautiful, and amenity rich). I would recommend this hotel to all friends and family. It was truly an experience of a lifetime.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Darlene D

Dear Darlene D:

Thank you for your kind comments about the hotel! We are pleased to know that you enjoyed the beauty and location of the hotel and that you found our staff to be wonderful and very helpful. We will be sure to share your kind words with our management staff to share with their team members.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

Great historical hotel...close to the Cincinnati Reds Stadium! Staff is so helpful! Room was lovely! A treat for us! Close to shopping and great restaurants! Wonderful Hilton property! Good rate for downtown Cincinnati!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

AngCrab

Dear AngCrab:

Thank you for your kind comments about the hotel! We are pleased to know that you enjoyed the beauty and location of the hotel and that you found our staff to be very helpful. We will be sure to share your kind words with our management staff to share with their team members.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

I stayed overnight on a business trip and found the hotel staff to be among the best in the country. Almost everyone (see my note later on) was efficient, friendly, and knowledgeable. They made me feel welcome and well taken care of. The hotel lobby and public rooms and beautifully restored to their 1930s Art Deco splendor. The public rooms earn the hotel a 5 star rating. The rooms, while not spectacular, and certainly very nice. The rooms are probably 4 star, missing some of the features that business travelers need (a good desk, plenty of electric plugs, free wi-fi). The restaurant is also excellent. I had a wonderful dinner there, and would rate it among the best meals of the past year.

My one hitch was at breakfast, where I experienced the only inattentive staff member in my entire stay. I mentioned this to the restaurant manager who immediately took this to heart, and made my breakfast complimentary. I truly appreciate how the hotel worked to satisfy me as a client. I look forward to my next stay there.

Room Tip: I requested an upper floor, away from the elevator and was very satisfied.
1  Thank esandespdx

Esandespdx

Dear Esandespdx:

Thank you too for your kind comments regarding your breakfast dining experiences during your stay. Though we regret your initial experience was not to your expectations we are delighted to see that a member of our Management staff was able to rectify your experience. We are well known for our food and beverage services and we will be sure to forward your kind words to our management staff to share with their team members.

Thank you for your comments regarding our Internet policy. Currently our complimentary guestroom Internet access is for our Diamond and Gold HHonors members. We offer complimentary wireless Internet service from the lobby and in our business center in the lobby. At present, we are providing the lowest unbundled price on our system since many of our travelers do not utilize our Internet service. Our charges for guestroom Internet service are comparable to all of our full service competitors in this market. Nevertheless we apologize that this was a concern.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

great landmark hotel, the look and feel took you back to its original days. Hilton has done a great job in restoring this beauty. we had a upgraded king and it was very nice, comfortable and clean. staff was very helpful.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Ken M

Dear Ken M:

Thank you for your kind comments about the hotel! We are pleased to know that you enjoyed the beauty and location of the hotel and that you found our guestroom to be very comfortable and clean. We will be sure to share your kind words with our management staff to share with their team members.