“As usual, you get what you pay for” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Millennium Cincinnati

Millennium Cincinnati
Ranked #36 of 47 Hotels in Cincinnati
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“As usual, you get what you pay for”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

Well, first the good news. The Millennium has a great downtown Cinci location just off Vine and a block and a half from Fountain Square. The Arnoff is just around the corner so if you are in town for the theater this is a perfect location. And, I got a great rate on Hotels.com; half of what any other downtown high rise would have cost me. Unfortunately that’s all the good news. The staff was poorly trained and had an attitude about it. Left standing at the check in counter while the registrar chatted with house keeping I got the feeling that I was the one intruding. Nobody seemed to know how their computer system worked and I had to give them my credit card three times! Noisy? Real noisy. Some sort of function was going on all weekend and even though we were on the 16th floor it kept my daughter up. I had to use my ear plugs. The food in the restaurant is painfully ordinary. So, cheap, convenient, I can’t complain too much but don’t pay full price for this place.

Room Tip: There do not appear to be any quite rooms.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Victor A
Manager222, Guest Relations Manager at Millennium Cincinnati, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for helping to make the Millennium Hotel Cincinnati be a better place. Our staff is trained to serve our guests to the highest standards and we apologize if that is not what you experienced. Please contact us directly at brenda.wellman@millenniumhotels.com with the details of your experience so we can ensure the situation is properly addressed.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (287)
Brighton, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

Spent 2 nights here - was attending a trade show downtown. Seems like the hotel had some recent updates (furniture, fixtures) yet the bathroom had peeling paint and an old shower. Worst part was the window air conditioner/heater unit. It was very loud and ran constantly. Felt like it was an old motel room. In room coffee was very good (Douwe Eggberts). Breakfast in the hotel restaurant was served cold, they got my order wrong, and was overpriced. An ok place but needs some work on several levels.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Alicia B
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for helping to make the Millennium Hotel Cincinnati be a better place. We are logging and addressing these issues while still providing the most enjoyable experience to our guests, and keeping the most competitive rates. We pride ourselves on our guest satisfaction and appreciate your feedback.

Guest Relatios Manager
London, England
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2014

The overall feeling about this hotel is that it's too big for the staff to manage and it has seen better days.

Good points - the bed was comfy, it was pretty well cleaned and prepared, it had all the amenities you'd expect from this type of hotel. The room service food was ok and generally the staff were helpful and pleasant, if not overly enthusiastic or particularly cheerful. In fact they seemed a little stressed and grumpy at times.

Bad points - in need of some redecoration, the bathroom was a little run down in particular. I also found it difficult to get a good steady temperature in the room. The bar is in serious need of an overhaul. Valet parking seems steep at $25 a night, but this may be standard for the area.

The location is good for downtown Cincinnati. Especially conventient for the convention centre next door. I would recommend checking what is on there. I was there at the same time as a bikers' expo of some kind, which was quite entertaining at times!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Manager222, Guest Relations Manager at Millennium Cincinnati, responded to this review, 13 February 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for helping to make the Millennium Hotel Cincinnati be a better place. We pride ourselves on our guest satisfaction and providing the highest standards for the comfort of our guests. Our team has responded to your feedback and is always looking for ways to improve our service. We hope to see you again soon.

Brends Wellman
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

Small room, the window had a glaze over the glass and could not see outside. Later I tried to turn on the heater and the unit was broke. They "upgraded" us to another room after the heater was unusable. The front desk made our new room sound like a super room but in reality the new room that was not much larger or any better. One elevator smelled like someone just finished smoking marijuana. The lobby was decent.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Michael C
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for helping to make the Millennium Hotel Cincinnati be a better place. We are logging and addressing these issues while still providing the most enjoyable experience to our guests. We pride ourselves on our guest satisfaction and appreciate your feedback.

Zanesville, Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

Booked three rooms together and we're all on different floors. Couldn't do anything to get them together. I even called the day before and said they could not accommodate our requests. Bath tub wouldn't drain so the shower kept filling up. The only bedding was small pillows, 4 flat sheets that were toddler like plastic sheets that sounded like you were walking on a tarp when you moved and a down comforter with no layover that was dingy. Staff could not do anything to help us and just said sorry for your inconvenience. The beds felt like you were sleeping on a thick piece of cardboard. Bar area was nice. Had limit food at restaurant. Valet was expensive. $25 would not go back to this hotel ever again!

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Manager222, Guest Relations Manager at Millennium Cincinnati, responded to this review, 31 January 2014

Lexington, Kentucky
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014

Just got back from a planed two night trip to Cincinnati. We booked a two night stay through Priceline express deals and it was the millennium hotel. I called in advance and requested a non smoking king room and I was told that was no problem. When we arrived we were giving a double room that definitely been smoked in. The front desk manager Amanda starting talking down to me in a very rude way, so I gave it back to her until my wife told me to forget about it. Amanda should not be in the Hospitality industry. The other clerk Sam was friendly and said he could get me king room on Sunday and said the room we were getting on Saturday was one of their nicer rooms. It had rust on the bathroom tile, the wallpaper was pealing and the room reeked with smoke. The beds were very uncomfortable. I could not get to an electrical outlet to plug in my CPAP machine, so I had to go with out it and I did not sleep well. On Sunday my wife and I had enough, so we checked out a day early even though it was non refundable. The only good thing I can say about this trip is Connie the bartender was nice and remembered me from previous stays and Sam at the front desk tried to help. I do not know how this hotel rates a 3.5 stars. It is a 2.5 star at best and probably a 2. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. The Hyatt across the street and others nearby are a lot nicer and only a few dollars more.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for helping to make the Millennium Hotel Cincinnati be a better place. Our staff is trained to serve our guests to the highest standards and we apologize if that is not what you experienced. Our team has responded to your feedback and we are logging and addressing these issues while still providing the most enjoyable experience to our guests. We apologize for the inconvenience and hope to see you again soon.

Louisville, Kentucky
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2014 via mobile

We had no water in our room, the whole wing was affected. The next evening at home I noticed rash from bed bugs. Never again. We stayed previously and loved it, even recommended the place to friends we brought, but it was an embarrassment.

Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank D H
Manager222, General Manager at Millennium Cincinnati, responded to this review, 17 January 2014
Dear valued guest,

I am certainly disappointed to hear of your experiences during your most recent stay regarding both the water and concern surrounding bed bugs. We have sent you a private message to contact the hotel directly to discuss.

The hotel utilizes a canine detection service and was recently inspected with no findings so we are eager to research and resolve any issues you may have had.

Best regards,