“Needs Renovations”

Ranked #39 of 52 Hotels in Cincinnati
Des Moines
“Needs Renovations”
Reviewed 8 April 2014

We were at this hotel for a conference in March. The staff was friendly. The room was ok. The tub in the bathroom needed to be overhauled. The plug for the drain was broken. Overall the stay was good. This hotel did not strike me as an four star hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Sonia L
Manager222, Guest Relations Manager at Millennium Cincinnati, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for helping to make the Millennium Hotel Cincinnati be a better place. We are logging and addressing these issues while still providing the most enjoyable experience to our guests, and keeping the most competitive rates. We pride ourselves on our guest satisfaction and appreciate your feedback.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (307)
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 7 April 2014

The hotel itself is upscale and looks quite fancy, but my wife and I were dismayed at the lack of cleanliness in the hotel room (hairs in between the bed sheets and around the sink). The comfort was another matter; the carpet was about the thinness carpet I have ever walked on (and I seriously wonder if there was any carpet padding beneath it). The beds (despite the hairs) were comfortable, albeit extremely small for us. We would have gone with room with a King bed, but when travelling with friends we all wanted to stay together to minimize the cost, and were stuck with double beds.

There was no complementary internet access; it is a per day fee to use, unless you want to sign up for a "free" frequent guest membership. For what I was paying for my room for a night, one would think the internet access would have come free.

After a very long night of trying to get comfortable on the double bed, I came down to enjoy the breakfast that came with our room package. When were purchased the package, it said no where on the website that I was only going to get the continental breakfast, so it was a bit of a slap in the face to find out I would have to pay an additional $4 to get the full breakfast. The waitress who seated us and took our drink orders was rude to us and even tried to overcharge us for the breakfast when it was all said and done. I had to speak to the restaurant manager to figure out why the waitress would give me 2 bills (the 1st was a bill for what the meal cost with the room package, and for some reasons the second was a bill for what the meal would have cost outright; 3 times the price I should have paid).

The food itself was bland, the eggs had no flavor, the sausage patties might as well be used for hockey pucks, and the bacon was under cooked. I didn't try the oatmeal as it looked entirely unappealing; a slurry of hot food in a large metal tub. About the only thing that wasn't gross was the fresh fruit.

All in all, I wouldn't stay here again if you paid me.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel altogether, but if you must stay in a King room, at least you will have a decent si...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,

Please accept my sincerest apologies for the inconveniences you encountered during your visit at the Millennium Hotel Cincinnati. We pride ourselves on our guest satisfaction by ensuring our rooms are cleaned and our staff is trained to the highest standards for the comfort of our guests. Our team has responded to your feedback and is always looking for ways to improve our service. We apologize for the inconvenience and hope to see you again soon.

Charleston, West Virginia
Reviewed 7 April 2014

We were in town one night to go to the casino. Valet and front desk check in was efficient and friendly. One thing that I had a problem with immediately was the strong air freshener that seems to be piped in to the air in the main lobby area. It is like strong perfume and if one has any sinus, allergy or asthma, this smell will flair it up. I immediately got a headache and cough. Although I am sensitive to perfumes, my bf agreed that it was too strong. It is only in the large main entrance lobby but thank goodness wasn't at the front desk or in the hallways or rooms. The room had been remodeled with flat screen, white comforters, platform bed, modern headboard and furniture. Although this was suitable, the wallpaper is dated and stained and the curtains are stained. It's evident that the room had been updated but only certain things in the room and bathroom are modernized and some left outdated and old. The location of the hotel is great but it just feels old and worn. I did get the room for under $100 by bidding through Priceline but I think I will stick to hilton, hyatt and marriott as this place is just tired.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

Rocky River, Ohio USA
Reviewed 5 April 2014

I came for business and due to all the events going on downtown this was the only open place in the city that had rooms. When I first got there they have to entrances one on 5th and one on 6th.. I pulled my car up on the side of 6th not knowing this was the back entrance and no signs to tell you to go to the other side for valet parking, looked like there was valet there but had to call the front desk to find out. The nice part is you do have in and out with the valet parking. The check in was nice and easy but told me the wireless internet was very slow or not working well due to the amount of people staying, does not help people traveling for business. The room I had was on the top floor and it seem to be updated but smelled funny... seemed clean for the most part. Very long day so I ordered room service and the menu was very limited but the food was okay. Service as quick and the food was warm. The location of the hotel is good as it is right by everything but it is older and really needs to have some work done on it.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for helping to make the Millennium Hotel Cincinnati be a better place. We pride ourselves on our guest satisfaction and ensuring our rooms are cleaned to the highest standards for the comfort of our guests. Please contact us directly at brenda.wellman@millenniumhotels.com with the details of your experience so we can ensure the situation is properly addressed.

Guest Relations Manager

Travellers are raving about these Cincinnati hotels

Charleston, West Virginia
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Stayed at the Millennium this past week for the Enactus national exposition conference being held at the Duke Energy Center and have to say this hotel was absolutely horrible. There is one pro to the hotel which is being connected to the convention center via skywalk but that is where it ends. Immediately upon pulling up to the hotel, you could tell it was dated with old fixtures and signs and decor. The front desk staff were slow and not very knowledgable. Our rooms were in the South Tower. Upon arriving, we found each of our 5 rooms to be a different size ranging from a virtual closet to normal sized room. The bathroom had mold remnants in the shower, horrible corrosion by the drain, and a bloody mark encrusted on the seat front. The ceiling had water damage from the room above too. The bedroom appeared semi-clean until we jumped in bed to find pink lipstick on of the comforters.... gross. Furthermore this BUSINESS hotel had no free wifi (this is expected with higher class hotels so not a big issue) but for $8.00/day I would think it would not kick me off every 10 minutes and take forever to load. The friendliest employees were the maids (feel sorry for them) but most were rude and unhelpful such as a tall black man who had a nametag that said "Brittany." There was a group of us waiting for the elevator and he pushed in front of all of us to get on first to ensure he did not have to wait for the next one as this was a problem at peak times having to wait in upwards of 15 minutes for a free elevator sometimes. Overall you could not pay me to stay here again.... if we have expo next year here again we will stay at the Westin or Hyatt. BTW there is a major construction site next door so each morning I was woken up at 5am to banging and cussing.... horrible night sleep!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

Evansville, Indiana
Reviewed 23 March 2014

I went for a romantic weekend with my husband and it was absolutely gross! It looked like the rooms weren't even cleaned! There were stains all over the carpets, counters were sticky and stained, bath tub had a huge hair ball in it. Not to mention the fact that it is extremely outdated. It was not worth wasting hard earned money on!

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 14 March 2014

The location is great--right in the heart of downtown. Everything else is just OK.

As all the other reviewers noted, the place is pretty run down. (The elevators really show their age and my bathroom had cracks in it and loose plumbing.) They don't used fitted sheets or duvet covers, they just drape flat sheets over everything, which is not what I expect at what claims to be a 3.5 hotel downtown. Other cons: internet and parking is not free.

My room was decent-- clean, large couch, nice view west. But overall I was pretty underwhelmed.

If you are looking for no frills and a good location, you'll be fine here. If you want something a little more, book someplace else.

Room Tip: FYI Free street parking after 5pm or 6pm so you can avoid the parking fees.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Mldav2
Manager222, Guest Relations Manager at Millennium Cincinnati, responded to this review, 21 March 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for helping to make the Millennium Hotel Cincinnati be a better place. We pride ourselves on our guest satisfaction and providing the highest standards for the comfort of our guests. Our team has responded to your feedback and is always looking for ways to improve our service.