“Overpriced for low end hotel”

Millennium Cincinnati
Ranked #40 of 51 Hotels in Cincinnati
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed one night due to flight cancellation. Only hotel with availability. Paid over $315 including taxes for basic, outdated room. No closet ( just a small rod to hang clothes. Older washroom still using unsanitary cloth shower curtain. Air difficult to regulate and fan constantly loud. Will not return.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Manager222, Guest Relations Manager at Millennium Cincinnati, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for helping to make the Millennium Hotel Cincinnati be a better place. We pride ourselves on our guest satisfaction and ensuring the highest standards for the comfort of our guests. Please contact us directly at brenda.wellman@millenniumhotels.com with the details of your experience so we can ensure the situation is properly addressed.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

Next to last place you want to stay in downtown Cincinnati.
The staff were nice but that is where the niceness ended.
Lobby smelled like stale way too potent air freshness.
Room A/C rattled worse than my old truck.
Cobwebs on wall and ceiling of my room.
Mold/Mildew on shower walls.
Several other things I could add, bottom line is the only reason I stayed there was this trip was booked at the last minute and everything else downtown was booked.

1  Thank ScubaRock
Manager222, Guest Relations Manager at Millennium Cincinnati, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for helping to make the Millennium Hotel Cincinnati be a better place. Although our rooms are cleaned to the highest standards, there are instances where a space may need some extra attention. We are logging and addressing these issues while still providing the most enjoyable experience to our guests. We pride ourselves on our guest satisfaction and appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

No fresh towels upon arrival - they had left the towels from the previous occupant hanging in the room, even though the room had been "refreshed." Very mediocre, service not good at all. Also, when I called for room service, was told they were too busy. ???!!!

2  Thank CarolinaFolk

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for helping to make the Millennium Hotel Cincinnati be a better place. Our staff is trained to serve our guests to the highest standards and we apologize if that is not what you experienced. Our team has responded to your feedback and we are logging and addressing these issues while still providing the most enjoyable experience to our guests. We apologize for the inconvenience and hope to see you again soon.

Brenda Wellmna

Reviewed 13 May 2014

We have stayed here before and I would gladly do it again. There is almost nothing negative to say about it. Staff is friendly and helpful. Rooms and amenities are very nice. It's in a great location, right by the Duke Energy Center and within walking distance of great food and shopping.

There is valet parking as well as garage parking next door. I also LOVE the fact that it has been quiet at night every time we've stayed there. So many hotels have noisy guests at night and we usually have to get up extremely early when traveling. The quiet is a major plus for us. I plan to stay there again when we return to Cincinnati next year.

Free WiFi would have been very nice. Lesser quality hotels offer it, I don't understand why the nicer hotels charge for it. That is the only bad thing I have say about it.

• Stayed: May 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you and we’re glad you enjoyed your stay! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

Big hotel with bar and restaurant and rooms are a little run down but from what I saw they were clean and linen was good, and nice tv etc... Staff was helpful and courteous as well.

I was concerned since there was a number of bad reviews but I disagree with most. Again, far from perfect but I'd repeat.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 12 May 2014

My friends and I booked a room via the Flying Pig marathon site due to its close proximity to the expo and race start. I will admit that I was extremely skeptical after reading the awful reviews and actually booked a room at the Hilton (at more than twice the price). We decided to take a chance at the Millenium and I am happy to say that we had a great experience the entire 3 nights we were there.

Check in was a breeze and everyone was friendly and helpful. Yes, the room had a few marks on the wall and spots on the carpet but it was clean. Yes, the bathroom could use some updating but it was clean as well. The valet parking was a breeze and they were extremely quick to respond when it was time to check out (despite the hotel being very busy with all the runners). The location was wonderful and we were able to walk everywhere. Everyone on staff at the hotel was always pleasant and helpful.

I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 10 May 2014

When I first checked in I was given a room in the South tower, definitely not what I would have ever considered a 3.5 star hotel. Run down, moldy bathroom, strange smell in the hall; but I was only there for a night so I just over looked all of it.. Until I woke up from a nap and found a massive roach crawling across the bed!! Disgusting! I called the front desk and they came up to verify. They decided to switch me to the North Tower which they kept saying, "oh wait til you see the rooms, so much nicer over there'! Well that was a joke, just because they threw a leather couch into the room and added a nicer counter in the bathroom harder made it much nicer than the first room I had. I asked the attendant if maybe I could get a dinner voucher or something to conpensate for the inconvience, he laughed at me and then continue to complain about his girlfriend. To add to all of it the internet, (which I paid for), would not work at all, when I called the fron desk they connected me to some outside tech company that couldn't resolve the issue either. My whole stay there was miserable, the only thing it has going for it is the location. Do yourself a favor and spend the extra cash and stay across the street at the Hyatt!

2  Thank Jesse G

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for helping to make the Millennium Hotel Cincinnati be a better place. We pride ourselves on our guest satisfaction and ensuring our rooms are cleaned to the highest standards for the comfort of our guests. Please contact us directly at brenda.wellman@millenniumhotels.com with the details of your experience so we can ensure the situation is properly addressed.