“The Room Rate Fits the Property”

Millennium Cincinnati
Ranked #41 of 51 Hotels in Cincinnati
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I had no problem with the Millennium Hotel during my stay in Cincinnati and would stay there again. I've stayed in many downtown hotels and often times the rooms are on the small side because space is at a premium and they opt for quantify over quality.

The good: Guest service agents were friendly and efficient. I was moved through the check-in and check-out process swiftly and my bill was accurate. The room was extremely clean and quiet. My room had been recently rehabbed. The bathroom amenities were adequate. The elevators were fast and always available despite the volume of guests. I secured a rate that was between a third and a half of what I would have paid at other hotels in the immediate area. It is three quarters of a mile to Great American Ballpark which is easily walkable.

The bad: They are building a parking structure next door, so one could be subjected to noise in the early hours (they started before 7am). I was in an area of the hotel away from the noise. Much of the common areas seem older and dated.

Reality: Temper your expectations and realize there are reasons why their rates are so reasonable based upon the location. You are paying for the convenience of being in the city, and a little research will find you an incredible rate based upon where you are. City hotel rooms are often smaller than in the outlying areas.

The parking is reasonably priced compared to any major city or any other property in the immediate area. I parked for free on the street after 6pm, moved to paid parking across the street ($6 until 2pm or $12 all day, and a block and a half from the hotel) for the daylight hours. You can park in front of the hotel while checking in and move your vehicle across the street - a three minute walk - and save some money.

For what I paid, I received everything I expected. If I were paying the rack rate, I would look elsewhere.

Room Tip: Call ahead and request a room on the side of the hotel away from the construction that has been reha...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank yazoo68
Manager222, Guest Relations Manager at Millennium Cincinnati, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and for your comments regarding your stay. It is through honest feedback that we can continue to improve the service we provide our guests. We do hope to see you again soon.

Guest Relations Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,730)

Reviewed 29 June 2014

While we have stayed in downtown Cinci in the past, we have never stayed at The Millenium, based on friends staying there on this trip we decided to try it. At first blush the hotel appears what one would expect. The public areas are reasonably clean and nicely furnished. The rooms are another story. In our room the carpet was so stained I'm sure Stanley Steamer would throw up their hands in surrender. On the floor next to a chair was an empty beer bottle, Pringles can, and an m&ms wrapper in plain sight, soiled underwear in a dress drawer. The bathroom needed a good scrub as well. Upon contacting the desk they were indifferent but said the would advise the housekeeping manager. The next morning upon returning from breakfast the maid was two rooms away so we showed her what needed attention. When we returned late that evening the beer bottle and Pringles can had been picked up, but she missed the m&ms wrapper that was next to the other items. The staff was pleasant in interaction, but was uninterested in directing you to parking if you weren't valeting you vehicle. All in all a dis satisfying experience. I would never consider this hotel again, and therefore cannot recommend it to others.

• Stayed: June 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for helping to make the Millennium Hotel Cincinnati be a better place. We pride ourselves on our guest satisfaction and ensuring our rooms are cleaned to the highest standards for the comfort of our guests. Please contact us directly at brenda.wellman@millenniumhotels.com with the details of your experience so we can ensure the situation is properly addressed.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

A group of 16 females and I returned to Cincinnati for a bachelorette party. We rented out four rooms at the typical rate for our stay. Upon arriving (at 5:00 pm) only one of our rooms was ready. It was about an hour until we were able to enter the other three. I cannot speak to the quality of the other three rooms, but the room I stayed in (one of the later-prepared rooms) was underwhelming. There were muddy footprints on the bathroom floors, light bulbs were burnt out, and the beds were unwelcoming with only two small pillows that could only comfort a child. We were on the 11th floor, and the ice machines did not work on the 10th, 11th, and 12th floors. We stayed in the south tower. It is apparent that this hotel typically accommodates groups that are looking to celebrate events, such as bachelor/bachelorette parties, weddings, and groups attending Cincinnati Reds baseball games; as such, it was appropriate for our event. However, if you are looking for a romantic night as a couple, a family-friendly accommodation, or are traveling on business, I would not recommend this location.

Upon checkout, two of the elevators were not operating, and most were full to accommodate all of the guests leaving. Some of our group had to carry their bags down from the 17th floor.

However, many of our issues were rectified when we discussed our complaints with the front desk. Karen was extremely patient, polite, and understanding. She stated that she wanted to make sure that our night's stay did not deter us from returning in the future. Karen was the most positive part of our stay and we greatly appreciate her service. I would return to this hotel for a bachelor/bachelorette type event. As the majority of our group had just graduated from graduate school, our budget was tight and many in the group are not consistent travelers due to years of continuous schooling. However, as a frequent traveler myself, I would not return to this hotel for any event other than a night of general debauchery.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Brooke B

Reviewed 28 June 2014

We stayed here during the entire weekend that the Toronto Blue Jays were in Cincinnati. I thought the reviews were just people being picky. I wish I had trusted the reviews and choose another hotel. This hotel was the worse hotel we ever stayed in. We have travelled all over the US, Cuba, Dominican and by any standards - even third world, this is so bad.

We stayed three nights. The Air conditioner wasn't working properly (an understatement). It was so loud and didn't work proper. If you like freezing having the AC blasted on the high and cold it made the noise less often but not by much. I even wrote the hotel and challenged a manager or the owner to try to spend one night in this room. A good night sleep at a decent hotel isn't much to ask after driving for 8 hours. Upon check-in we were told that Valet was open and we could park there. Perfect! -NOT. We got to valet and were told it was full and had to park almost 2 blocks away. We unloaded our car so we didn't have to carry suitcases and a cooler for almost 2 blocks and the valet kid was so rude. It was pouring rain as we were unpacking and the kid told us to "hurry up" - like we were taking our time with 8 cars behind us and the rain pouring on us. So rude!!

We got into the room and it was small which was ok but then we realized why the housekeeping kept the AC on high and cold - so we wouldn't hear the cranking and noise from it. We got a summer special for this hotel and we were supposed to receive a $25 food credit for each day we were there. What a joke. we got so ripped off on that one. The restaurant wasn't open for dinner or even lunch. We only had a breakfast buffet one morning since that's the only time they served food. We had to go to the Hyatt Regency not far away to go to their nice restaurant/tavern at their hotel to find something to eat. We found out that room service was also not provided either. Maybe they should take this off the amenities on their website??

We didn't receive housekeeping one single day. On the days we were there we were gone from about 12 until almost 9 at night and still no housekeeping. It was a pile of garbage by the time the third day came. The money we paid for 3 nights was expensive for a 1 star hotel. The cost of this hotel took up half of what our entire trip for a week cost in the US for our week vacation. What a waste of money.

Never stay at this hotel. I wouldn't return back if it was free. The location to the ballpark was also misrepresented -it was almost a 30 minute walk not 15...that was not enjoyable in that heat to be misinformed about that.

Room Tip: Don't get a room here.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for helping to make the Millennium Hotel Cincinnati be a better place. We pride ourselves on our guest satisfaction and ensuring the highest standards for the comfort of our guests. Please contact us directly at brenda.wellman@millenniumhotels.com with the details of your experience so we can ensure the situation is properly addressed.

Guest Realtions Manager

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Not a bad hotel but it is in need of upgrades. Carpet, bathroom fixtures, and furniture are in need of a remodel. I recently stayed for nine nights on a business trip and had to ask for body wash after each cleaning. It must be a hot commodity in this hotel as I was only given shampoo and conditioner after each cleaning. The towel rack in the bathroom kept coming off after I would take the towel off of it. It is in a great location on the western edge of downtown and within easy walking distance to fountain square, Underground Railroad Museum and the Reds and Bengals stadiums but the rooms need some work.

Room Tip: Higher rooms are a little quieter but the elevator can take a while when the hotel is busy. South f...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 27 June 2014

I had originally written a review about Millennium on May 2nd in regards to the hotel dropping it's Military/Government rate for specific weekends. I received a prompt response from Brenda Wellman, the Guest Relations Manager, who was very professional and worked with me. I saw it only fitting to change my review. I am looking forward to staying at the Millennium this weekend.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Mr. Easton,

Thank you! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

In my opinion, this hotel is a wannabe first rate hotel that just has not cut it yet. It sits across from a first rate hotel but is not even close to it in quality. This appears to be an older hotel whose management has not maintained it very well except for the superficial appearances.

Our first impression consisted of a critical parking staff who curtly advised us that we pulled into the valet area the wrong way although there are no directional signs to direct you. Then, the room was very basic with no amenities such as a refrigerator or room bar. The television only received the basic stations despite the fact that we did not spend much time to watch television. The “restaurant” (if you call it that) had very slow, unwelcoming, surly staff and lousy food.

The only plus was the desk staff who were smiling, welcoming and very helpful as one bellman who was most helpful in recommending local places to visit.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family