“DO NOT STAY HERE”

Red Roof Inn & Suites Cincinnati North-Mason
Ranked #26 of 52 Hotels in Cincinnati
Reviewed 25 July 2013

Reservations were a breeze, they were courteous on the phone when I called. The problem started when I went to check in. I arrived at 9:30pm. Was given a room 310 (I believe). When I entered the room, the floors had not been vacuumed as there was several items on the floor. On the bathroom wall was a sticker from a new t-shirt. I went to the front desk and told him that the room had NOT been cleaned. He said it was cleared on the maids "cleaned list". He then gave me room 307 and it had no less than 8 hairs inside the made bed and under the pillow. I went back and he told me that couldn't be. I advised him to go look at the bed himself! He went to check 3 other rooms from the "cleaned list" to see which one he could give me. He came back and said only one of those rooms had been cleaned. He gave me that room. When I got in that room 323, the shower had not been cleaned, the bathroom door did not shut and I found out later, the phone did not work.
I asked to speak to the manager and was advised Roy is only there from 9am-4pm period and he is the only one I could speak with. I was given 1/2 of my first night stay free. I was there for 3 nights. I demanded that ROY call corporate to get me more compensation. Upon checking out, I was only given the first night free.
This hotel is not worth the hassle. Pay a little more and go somewhere else where you KNOW your room is cleaned.

Room Tip: If you choose to stay here, be sure to evaluate your room carefully upon check in.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank awhite_11

Reviewed 17 July 2013

The hotel was very nice. Not a typical Red Roof. You enter the rooms on the inside. Staff was helpful and kind. Beds were comfortable. The only cons to this hotel was the dirty carpets in hall and it would be nice if breakfast lasted a little longer in the morning. Overall a great place to stay for a awesome price.

• Stayed: July 2013
Roy S, Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Cincinnati North-Mason, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2013

We thank you for writting your review of the hotel. We strive to make all our guest's stay one of enjoyment. We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 10 July 2013 via mobile

Room was clean & comfortable. Hallway carpet is worn, stained & very dirty. Breakfast was just ok. We've had better. Breakfast also ends far too early! Management needs to reconsider at least extending it until 9:30 as many other hotels do. I would consider staying here again, however we prefer comfort inn, clarion inn, or Hilton inns over this chain because they tend to keep them up better.

• Stayed: July 2013

Thank you for writing your review of the hotel. We are happy that you decided to stay with us. We have taken note on the issues with the hallway carpet and we have taken the necessary steps to get it corrected, we hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

Never stayed at a Red Roof. Room clean, beds con-fee, breakfast was fine. It was close to plenty of food spots and highway entrances. If I had to say something bad... Um... I didn't think the water pressure was super or the water draining was fast. I stood in water, but it didn't cover my feet ...so that was very very minor. Um... I was in a non-smoking room, but I was close to the smoking rooms. In the morning it smelled fine, by that night fall I could smell the smoke in the hallway, but not my room. I think it was just a lot of smoking taking place because I was up fairly late... 3ish and the smell was pretty much gone.

Room Tip: Non smokers stay away from smoke area.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to write your review about your stay with us. We are glad to see you and your team enjoyed your stay with us. We looking forward in having you here with us again in the near future.

Reviewed 29 June 2013

Very nice place to stay for a trip to Kings Island! Clean, comfy, safe, and nice breakfast included. Front desk clerks were very nice and friendly and rates were comparable to other hotels in the area.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Roy S, Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Cincinnati North-Mason, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2013

Thank you for writing a review about the hotel. Your comment will be shared with the staff, they will be glad to hear your stay with us was good. As look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 24 June 2013

Our family ( 2 adults, 2 kids) stayed here this past weekend. I am normally pretty easy to please, however our room had 2 queen beds and 2 towels and 2 washcloths. My husband went to the desk to ask for more towels and was grilled about how many people were in our room and why did we need more towels. He was given an extra set of towels and that still was not enough so I went to the desk to ask for more and was grilled about how many people were in our room and why did we need more towels. Finally the guy gave me 1 towel and said that was all he had. The carpet was gross, the security door outside never locked, the water pressure in the shower was down right pitiful. We turned the a/c unit down to 58 degrees (as low as it would go) and we still were sweating all night as it did not blow out much air and was not cold. The only reason I did not ask for a new room was because the kids were already asleep by the time we figured out the a/c wasn't working right. To top it all off, the breakfast attendant was NOT wearing gloves as he laid out the food. We went elsewhere for breakfast. Our family will not stay at a Red Roof again. We were trying to save a few bucks, but it wasn't worth the awful attitude or negligence of cleanliness and safety.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Denise P

It was unpleasant to hear that one of our guest stay was not one of enjoyment. We just want to take the time to apologize for the inconvenience that you endured. Our hassle free guarantee should have been in place when you asked for more towels. Rest assure, this issue will be addressed. We hope the next time you're in the area you chose to stay with us again.

Reviewed 24 June 2013

We Checked in on a clearly Busy Weekend and I must say the staff was very friendly specially the Manager!! The room was fabulous and clean, the bed was a little stiff, The Wifi wasnt real great.. I dunno if it didnt like our phones or what.... the breakfast was good, the pool was great, everything was accessable, Just a hop away from Kings Island, and were close to many food places.. I have nothing bad to say about it... We thank you so much for the great stay and we will def.. come back and stay again!!

Room Tip: Its just great what Can i say...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write your review about your stay with us. It is always a pleasure hearing a guest had a great stay with us. As always, RRI strives to make all of our guest's stay one of enjoyment. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.