“Historic Hotel in Downtown Cincy”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Cincinnatian Hotel

Cincinnatian Hotel
Ranked #15 of 49 Hotels in Cincinnati
Annapolis, Maryland
“Historic Hotel in Downtown Cincy”
Reviewed 3 November 2013

The Cincinnatian Hotel is elegant and opulent. We had a queen bedded room. It was renovated to modern standards. Marble floors with throw rugs. A plasma tv. Fine linens. The bathroom shower was fabulous with a rain shower head, two side spray showers, and a wand. There were four different controls. It was very modern. A large single-person jucuzzi tub. Fine soaps and shampoos. Very luxurious. The bell staff and front desk staff were gracious and friendly. I would highly recommend the Historic hotel for a fine stay.

Room Tip: A Panera Restaurant is across the street and opens at 6AM if you are an early-bird. We did go there...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
Michigan
Reviewed 2 November 2013

This is an older hotel, so you mut expect that everything is not going to be up to modern standards. It you are looking for a very modern hotel you need to go down the street to 41C (which I love as well, but they are completely differnt). This hotel does have an older feel because it is just that. I do agree that they could put some extra money into redoing the wallpaper in teh powder room area and remodeling the bathroom, but it sounds like they are under renovation in most of the rooms. Our actual bedroom was remodled and more modern looking. The room was nice because it had a powder room area and a seperate bathroom area. The hotel room was perfect for the two of us and very cozy. I would have like a fridge in the room instead of a mini bar but I know this is often common in nicer resturants. We didn't eat at the bar but it was all wooden and had a very calming atmosphere. On Saturday evening they had someone singing in the bar area and I looked over and saw about 15 people down there both at the bar and eating. I can't say anything about the service or food because we ate our meals outside of the hotel. We found some adorable resturants and coffee shops in the over the rhine area. This is close to the hotel but I would recommend just paying $5.00 and taking a cab there. It is well worth it! We even saw a play at a little theater right on the main strip.

Room Tip: Make sure to go to Taste of Belguim and check out the resturants in OTR. So many wonderful places t...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Slockwood, Manager at Cincinnatian Hotel, responded to this review, 16 January 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to review the hotel. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. Also, for your next visit please take advantage of our complimentary London Cab. We are happy to drive you to another play or OTR hot spot for free.
Thank you again.

Pennsylvania
Reviewed 31 October 2013

We stayed here for one night because we had special offers from the casino in town and this was one of their preferred hotels. We were going to Lexington, KY for the weekend and it was very convenient to stay here for one night on our way to Lexington.
We did have a little confusion as to the location. We booked through the casino's website and the address listed turned out to be the casino's address! Once we straightened that out (and rode past the hotel twice! lol), we were fine!
The valet, Joe, was very nice and immediately explained about the shuttle to the casino and the price for valet parking versus the price of a self-parking garage. The young lady who checked us in was very professional and pleasant. The lobby is really pretty--soothing colors and comfy looking furniture, yet with a classic look. Classic but not stuffy and pretentious.
Our room was very comfortable. The king bed had at least 6 pillows and they were all different so you could easily find one that suited you. The bathroom area was interesting--at the end of a short hallway from the bedroom was a sink with a mirror. This was where the hairdryer was located. There was a sliding door which led into the bathroom proper, with another sink, the toilet and the tub with shower. It was very convenient because I could dry my hair and put on makeup while my companion showered. It was nicely decorated too, in tile and marble in white, gray and black.
One way to save money on your room rate is to have a card from the player's club at the casino and book through the casino website. The first time I looked at the room rate, I didn't have my card number entered. Then I entered my player's club card number and the room rate was cut by half! The casino is run by Harrah's, so if you have a card from any of their casinos, you can get a cheaper rate.
If I ever go back to Cincinnati, I'd stay here again. The room was very clean, we were comfortable, and the shuttle to the casino was great!

Room Tip: Book through the casino website with your player's club number!
Beavercreek, Ohio
Reviewed 30 October 2013

My husband and I stayed at The Cincinnatian for a one night get away. We wanted to stay somewhere with the shuttle to the casino and somewhere that was reviewed highly. The Cincinnatian was beautiful. The staff was very nice and helpful with directions and suggestions for dining out. The room had been renovated and was stunning. I loved the wood floors. The bathroom was unbelievable. A jetted tub, heated floors and a shower with 2 rain heads, 2 rain bars and hand held wand. The bed was comfortable and the room was clean. My only complaints were that the tub would not hold water, it constantly drained. And that there was a pretty big gap under the door to the hallway. We placed towels under the door to lessen the noise.

London, Ohio
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Great local hotel with upscale services, feel, without a botique price.
Service was very good, the room was very nice. You can tell everyrhing was a bit older, but no means was it worn or run down. I would say it gave off a "classic" vibe. I always prefer local hotels to the national chains, and the Cincinnatian is exactly why.
The location is great. You can walk everywhere dowrown.

The only hing I didnt like was no parking. It was valet only.

There is a public garage right around the corner. This could definitely save you a couple bucks andit is vry close.

Brookville, Ohio
Reviewed 24 October 2013

My husband booked this room for my birthday, only because the restaurant on site had a chef table. I love this place and have been reminded to write a review only because I'm booking a room again since we'll be in town for a Bengals game.

We've stayed at some pretty nice places, but the Cincinnatian had everything I'd ever want in a room. Full luxury, amenities, fresh-baked cookies at turn down (seriously?!), coziness, and comfort. We even received a bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries at no charge (though probably because we tipped the restaurant staff nicely for our experience there). No matter, I felt like a queen here.

Even though I sing their praises, I will say that the room seemed cramped for all the amenities and it was a real bummer that the atrium was indoors and not open-air. I liked the old school feel about it (you'll want to walk the marble stairs). Hate to report, but even though the kitchen staff had mad skills, once we left our Chef Table and joined the ranks, the appetizers that came out of the kitchen was microwaved and mediocre.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
I am happy to hear you enjoyed your Birthday Celebration with us! We appreciate guests feedback. We have many different types of rooms so on your next visit please request an "exterior" room so you can look out onto the city streets. We are in the process of transitioning to a new chef so we would love for you to return and try the new and improved menu.

Thank you again for your comments.

Cincinnati
Reviewed 17 October 2013 via mobile

Let me preface this review and say I used to come to to the Cincinnatian for Christmas Day brunch - which was excellent. I'm not sure how the restaurant is now, but if it's even half as good as I remember you won't be disappointed.

So I recently stayed here with my girlfriend for an evening away by ourselves in the city. It's proximity to many great metro area pubs and restaurants as well as the riverfront and banks development (easy walking distance) made for a great convenience.

The staff was super attentive and friendly, from the valet to the check-in, everyone was great. I definitely didn't have any complaints here.

The room however was a little different. I've read other reviews where apparently they are doing renovations - some got updated rooms while myself and others had rooms that were dated - wallpaper that was starting to peel in areas, rooms with old fashioned keys for the door, peeling paint in the bathroom etc. Nothing so egregious as to warrant a complaint, but not nearly the kind of majesty i was expecting. The overall feeling was just old. Other than that, the bed was comfy (i have a bad back, so i am very picky).

Would I go back? Yeah, probably. But I'd ask for an updated room.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MaximilianRockefellr
Slockwood, Manager at Cincinnatian Hotel, responded to this review, 19 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We do appreciate guests feedback. I want to start by thanking you for your kind words regarding our staff. We strive to have top of the line service.
You are right in stating some rooms are newer then others and we hope that you do return so you can experience a renovated room. Please let me know the next time you are staying with us so we can remedy any negative opinions of the hotel. Thank you again and we look forward to your return.