“Would definitely stay here again”
Review of Cincinnatian Hotel

Cincinnatian Hotel
Ranked #18 of 51 Hotels in Cincinnati
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Hotel had character, staff was friendly, location seemed good (but I was not in the city much). Sometimes these historic hotels show their age, this one was well maintained and appointed. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 8 November 2013

We booked 2 nights at the Cincinnatian, arrived late on Friday and we were impressed with the room. It was tastefully done and everything was comfortable. The whirlpool tub was great and also enjoyed the fireplace. The location of the hotel is great right downtown, within walking distance to many restaurants, to the riverfront and to both stadiums. Skipped the valet parking, there are 2 garages on Vine within a block of the hotel and I got 2 days parking for less than 1 night valet.

1  Thank robber-MI
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Love this hotel in the heart of downtown Cincinnati! Elegant, classy hotel with 5-Star service. Although this hotel was built in 1882, you wouldn't know it. Completely renovated in 1987, it looks as though it was done yesterday and is quite refined. Rooms are spacious with lovely carpeting and furnishings, and beds are very comfy! Bathrooms have his and her sinks with Gilchrist & Soames amenities, including make-up remover and mouthwash. Rooms are quiet, and we weren't bothered by street noise. The hotel is located within walking distance of shopping (Macy's very close by) and restaurants, and is also close to the new Horseshoe casino and participates it's free shuttle service, so you don't have to drive. Coffee is not available in the rooms, but is complimentary in the lobby. I suspect this is to keep the lovely carpeting from being stained. If you want comfort, class, service, and refinement, you'll love the Cincinnatian Hotel.

Room Tip: Loved our room w/a king-sized bed!
1  Thank Ruth P
Reviewed 3 November 2013

The Cincinnatian Hotel is elegant and opulent. We had a queen bedded room. It was renovated to modern standards. Marble floors with throw rugs. A plasma tv. Fine linens. The bathroom shower was fabulous with a rain shower head, two side spray showers, and a wand. There were four different controls. It was very modern. A large single-person jucuzzi tub. Fine soaps and shampoos. Very luxurious. The bell staff and front desk staff were gracious and friendly. I would highly recommend the Historic hotel for a fine stay.

Room Tip: A Panera Restaurant is across the street and opens at 6AM if you are an early-bird. We did go there...
Reviewed 2 November 2013

This is an older hotel, so you mut expect that everything is not going to be up to modern standards. It you are looking for a very modern hotel you need to go down the street to 41C (which I love as well, but they are completely differnt). This hotel does have an older feel because it is just that. I do agree that they could put some extra money into redoing the wallpaper in teh powder room area and remodeling the bathroom, but it sounds like they are under renovation in most of the rooms. Our actual bedroom was remodled and more modern looking. The room was nice because it had a powder room area and a seperate bathroom area. The hotel room was perfect for the two of us and very cozy. I would have like a fridge in the room instead of a mini bar but I know this is often common in nicer resturants. We didn't eat at the bar but it was all wooden and had a very calming atmosphere. On Saturday evening they had someone singing in the bar area and I looked over and saw about 15 people down there both at the bar and eating. I can't say anything about the service or food because we ate our meals outside of the hotel. We found some adorable resturants and coffee shops in the over the rhine area. This is close to the hotel but I would recommend just paying $5.00 and taking a cab there. It is well worth it! We even saw a play at a little theater right on the main strip.

Room Tip: Make sure to go to Taste of Belguim and check out the resturants in OTR. So many wonderful places t...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Slockwood, Manager at Cincinnatian Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to review the hotel. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. Also, for your next visit please take advantage of our complimentary London Cab. We are happy to drive you to another play or OTR hot spot for free.
Thank you again.

Jodie Fitzgerald
Assistant Hotel Manager

Reviewed 31 October 2013

We stayed here for one night because we had special offers from the casino in town and this was one of their preferred hotels. We were going to Lexington, KY for the weekend and it was very convenient to stay here for one night on our way to Lexington.
We did have a little confusion as to the location. We booked through the casino's website and the address listed turned out to be the casino's address! Once we straightened that out (and rode past the hotel twice! lol), we were fine!
The valet, Joe, was very nice and immediately explained about the shuttle to the casino and the price for valet parking versus the price of a self-parking garage. The young lady who checked us in was very professional and pleasant. The lobby is really pretty--soothing colors and comfy looking furniture, yet with a classic look. Classic but not stuffy and pretentious.
Our room was very comfortable. The king bed had at least 6 pillows and they were all different so you could easily find one that suited you. The bathroom area was interesting--at the end of a short hallway from the bedroom was a sink with a mirror. This was where the hairdryer was located. There was a sliding door which led into the bathroom proper, with another sink, the toilet and the tub with shower. It was very convenient because I could dry my hair and put on makeup while my companion showered. It was nicely decorated too, in tile and marble in white, gray and black.
One way to save money on your room rate is to have a card from the player's club at the casino and book through the casino website. The first time I looked at the room rate, I didn't have my card number entered. Then I entered my player's club card number and the room rate was cut by half! The casino is run by Harrah's, so if you have a card from any of their casinos, you can get a cheaper rate.
If I ever go back to Cincinnati, I'd stay here again. The room was very clean, we were comfortable, and the shuttle to the casino was great!

Room Tip: Book through the casino website with your player's club number!
Reviewed 30 October 2013

My husband and I stayed at The Cincinnatian for a one night get away. We wanted to stay somewhere with the shuttle to the casino and somewhere that was reviewed highly. The Cincinnatian was beautiful. The staff was very nice and helpful with directions and suggestions for dining out. The room had been renovated and was stunning. I loved the wood floors. The bathroom was unbelievable. A jetted tub, heated floors and a shower with 2 rain heads, 2 rain bars and hand held wand. The bed was comfortable and the room was clean. My only complaints were that the tub would not hold water, it constantly drained. And that there was a pretty big gap under the door to the hallway. We placed towels under the door to lessen the noise.