“BEST 2 DAY GET-AWAY”
Review of Cincinnatian Hotel

Cincinnatian Hotel
Ranked #18 of 51 Hotels in Cincinnati
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Was so excited to stay at this historic hotel. Check-in was very quick and then taken up to our
Executive Deluxe Double. The room is 472 sq ft with free Wi-Fi, large flat screen TV and a
massive spa bathroom. I gave up my bath for the awesome shower. There were 2 rain showers
above and 6 sprayers on the wall. Loved, Loved, Loved it.

The Cincinnatian is in a great location, only 1 mile from the Reds Ball Field and the hotel offers a
convenient shuttle to the Casino. Even though there are numerous restaurants surrounding the hotel I strongly recommend the Palace Restaurant located inside the hotel for the most awesome
breakfast you will ever have. You will be hard pressed to decide what to choose.

Be sure to request an upgraded room as all rooms have not been completely refurbished.

Can't wait to return.

Room Tip: Request a refurbished room away from the outside construction.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Slockwood, Manager at Cincinnatian Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

We are so glad you got a chance to stay with us for two nights! Thank you for your kind feedback. We will be sharing this with the staff here at the hotel. We completely agree that we have a gem of a restaurant and we are so happy you enjoyed it.

We hope to welcome you back very soon!

Reviewed 17 June 2014

We had a suite at the Cincinnatian last weekend. Our rooms were beautifully furnished, bedding was plush, and service was top notch. We had brunch in the Palace restaurant in the hotel and it was delicious. Service was great too. Highly recommend Croque Madame.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for writing your review of the hotel! I am so happy to hear you got to try the restaurant and enjoyed the rooms. Each room is very different in the hotel. I will make sure the chef is aware that you enjoyed the Croque Madame!!! Its a favorite around here.

Thank you again and we hope to welcome you back!

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I have stayed at this hotel three times, each time with a room with a different configuration. The modernized rooms are preferable. If you want a bathtub, say so because some rooms are shower only. When I stayed, the restaurant and bar were nearly deserted. The staff is friendly and the valets are knowledgeable about the city. Many tourist attractions and restaurants are closed on Mondays.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I elected to upgrade to a king suite. The bathroom was remodeled to superior standards. The remaining living portion of the room was cramped and substandard for the substantial price paid. The hall way leading to this room was cluttered with a childrens coaster wagon over flowing with towels and sheets.The wagon was there all day(wasn't there with a housekeeper).

The front desk and valet were average at best.
Upgraded prices deserve upgraded service which is not the case at the Cincinnatian.
t

Room Tip: check out your suite before you upgrade
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JerCurtis S

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. Your feedback is very important and I am so sorry to hear of the issues that you experienced. I will be sharing this with the staff to better our service. Thank you again.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Eager to stay at this historic hotel, we paid a pricey upgrade to stay in a deluxe king room. Leaving our 2 young kids at home, my wife and I were excited for a quiet night away. There was a drunken party on our floor until 3am. Sounded like 30 people at a "keger". Didn't get to sleep until 3:30 in the morning. Called front desk and asked to speak to a manager on duty. They didn't direct me to one. Instead, they sent security up to the floor. I could hear the security guard ask the group to quiet down and then he quickly left (Obviously this didn't work). The group even got louder when the security left. I heard other guests come out of the rooms to directly request for quiet. This didn't work either. It is pretty bad that a drunk group of guests can disturb a whole hotel floor until 3am and order and peace could not be obtained. In the morning, I politely asked to speak to a manager on duty (again) and I was directed to speak to a receptionist instead. She was kind, but didn't deal directly with the issue. We have 2 more nights at the hotel. Here's hoping for a better night sleep than last night. (And hoping that I get to speak with a manager eventually). I will definitely write a follow up review if a manager reaches out to address.

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank PetrosPete
Slockwood, Manager at Cincinnatian Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Thank you for reaching out and writing the review. I am so sorry it has been tough for you to contact a manager. I know all of our managers would be eager to hear of any issues you are having and try to fix them immediately. Your issues will be addressed as a good night sleep is something we want everyone to experience.
I hope your second night was better than your first. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.

Assistant Hotel Manager-Rooms

Reviewed 8 June 2014

This small hotel is a gem in downtown Cincy. Perfect location -- just a block from 21C, the CAC, and many of the city's best restaurants. Recently renovated rooms are modern with a European feel. Huge bathrooms with nice tubs and dressing areas! Perfect for a weekend get-away. I will stay here again. Pro tip: If you want bottled water for your room, just snag it from the fitness center.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a renovated room. They told us they were all done, but some folks in our party ha...
1  Thank Renee W

What a great review! Thank you for all your great comments. We love hearing from our guests. We are so lucky to be close to so many great spots in the City. We hope you are able to return for another stay.

Thank you again.

Assistant Hotel Manager-Rooms

Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

Service is definitely at the level of a 4 or 5 star hotel, but the rooms are showing their age & are really a 3 star. My company has negotiated a lower rate & the location is excellent but the room & amenities are not up to par. Room was very large (may have been a free upgrade?), but sink leaked, toilet took extra work to flush, & aerator on shower was horrible. Turndown service with cookie was nice touch, & all service personnel made you feel very welcome & important. Room service was very good. Small gym but nice equipment. Would consider staying again if shorter stay (1 or 2 nights). Very clean & comfortable bed.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Slockwood, Manager at Cincinnatian Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2014

Thank you for posting your comments. The Hotel is a Historic Hotel and luckily we are in the process of updating our rooms. I am sorry to see you did receive one of the older rooms. Please consider returning for another visit and letting the desk know you would like to try out the new rooms. We can do everything we can to get you in one with hardwood or tile flooring, the newer bathrooms or even one with multiple shower heads.
We do pride ourselves on service and I am happy to hear that impacted your stay. We truly hope to show off the new rooms we have to offer.

Thank you again.