“historic = old, small without much character.not a 4 star” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cincinnatian Hotel

Cincinnatian Hotel
Ranked #15 of 47 Hotels in Cincinnati
st paul
“historic = old, small without much character.not a 4 star”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2010

I was intially excited when I got this hotel on priceline although it wasn't a great bargain

I was traveling with my son to see a Reds game so location was important ..upon check in they gave me room with one queen bed ... postage stamp size with no place to even put a suitcase ...the room smelled so strongly of air freshener I had to request another room .. tried to get a room with two beds but got the same same room that barely had a place for my son to sleep on the floor .. bathroom light was burnt out and shower handle barely worked ..

staff seemed fairly inflexible to needing a room with two beds ( my 26 year old son really didn't want to sleep with me :) ).. they said I could upgrade for an additional $90.. parking was pricey at $28 .. not a place I would return to or recommend

• Stayed September 2010
1 Thank maxwell8

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
Chicago
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2010

We came to town to go to the Reds Games. The hotel is nice, check in was very fast. We stayed in a king room on the 5th floor. On Saturday night we were told it was sold out. It was a very quiet corner room, we never heard anyone in the hallways and never heard our neighbors. The room was clean. The robes and towels were showing a bit of wear, but were clean. Tub was nice. One mention, this hotel does not have pop machines. They are within walking distance of CVS/Walgreens. You are right around the corner from Fountain Square.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Columbus, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2010

Booked on priceline. In town for reds baseball game. 15 min walk to stadium. Easy check in. Room was nice but not great. Air not working in our room it was 78 deg. Maintenance arrived quickly but was having trouble. I was burning up and he called front desk and they nicely moved us to a suite. Moved us from 3rd floor to 4th. Finally found ice on 6th. Noisey from street traffic. I'm writing this at bedtime. Bed not that comfortable. Old feeling mattress. Valet parking at $28/night.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Washington DC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2010

What a nice hotel and very nic epeople. They are so so very nice and caring! They upgraded my room when I got here, just because they could! The airconditioning works really well. It's a great location with nice big towels and very clean! They'll do anything for you, and you don't have to ask. Ask if there is and ice machine and they say yes but \let us bring u some!! Great happy hour at the bar too, great location, not the standard W or marriott chain predictable crap I hate, just nic e people running a nice hotel very well. I'm coming back!!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled solo
Grand Rapids, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2010

Everything about this hotel was very nice. After reading some of the recent reviews, I had second thoughts about staying here. From someone having bed bugs to not having a working air conditioner, the feeling of selecting a different hotel was on my mind. After calling the hotel, we ended up getting a way better deal than anything posted online, so we decided to stay here because of the price.

The room was very nice, the air conditioner worked, and we had no bed bugs. The staff was very friendly and willing to help out. We chose not to use valet parking, and ended up spending less self parking in the lot across the street for two days than it would cost to use valet parking for one day. Location was very nice, with restaurants located just a block away.

Great hotel, I recommend to stay here.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
Portland, Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2010

I was given a choice: business or pleasure here, but my husband and I actually stayed for BOTH. We had a great time. We used the hotel as a base for Gay Pride Cincinnati as I own the gay newspapers in 5 states, including Ohio. The location was within a block of the main parade and events and thus wonderful. We arrived at 9.30 a.m. on the 4th of July and thought we might be able to check our bags then go to pride, check in there, do the parade and come back after the hotel's 3 p.m. posted check-in time. This was not to be as when we presented ourself at the desk the wonderful staffers there said, "Well, we have a room ready, would you like to just check in now?" That was SO totally nice and helpful...and the rest of the visit was the same. Great crew, great room and a lot of convenience as it was well into the 90s and we took frequent breaks in the air conditioning (which worked wonderfully!) Only sad things to us were the hotel's Palace restaurant was closed for the holiday weekend, as we'd wanted to try it, but that's a good excuse for a "next time!" and they are working on it and know it, but if you log onto their great WiFi system it refuses to allow you to get onto your corporate VPN (Virtual Private Network) meaning we could not check our corporate e mail for the stay. We were told they are aware and working on it, so it's not a complaint but it was a bit of an inconvenience.

Staff at the Cincinnatian were THE best and from the doorman to the desk folks had answers (where's open to eat, etc etc) and were friendly, looked happy to see us and were above all accommodating!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Burbank, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2010

My wife and I stayed at the Cincinnatian Hotel and really had an excellent stay. From the moment we arrived, we were promptly greeted and welcomed. The room was beautiful and extremely clean and fresh and the bed was so comfotable. Wow what a wonderful place. Dinner in the Palace Restuarant in side the hotel was delicious. The only problem was that we could only stay 1 night. Valet parking was a bit pricely, but the service from the valet and doorman ecelllent.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple