“Wonderful 2nd Stay!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Republic
Missouri
“Wonderful 2nd Stay!”
Reviewed 18 September 2011

This was the second time my family and I have stayed at this AmericInn in Republic. We had two other families staying there as well and had our request for our rooms to be close together granted with no problem. The rooms were very clean, although the hallways smelled like smoke. Not sure why since it was nonsmoking. The staff was very nice and accomodating. We came in from the cold and requested the fire place in the lobby be turned on and it was up and running in less than two minutes! Also, one of the family members mentioned being hungry and and someone immediately went and got out some cold milk for cereal, and breakfast sandwiches to warm up in the microwave. GREAT SERVICE and we will be back next year!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank rlwidel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Paradise CA.
Reviewed 8 September 2011

This place is in need of a renovation. I have been coming here since 2006 and they have not changed their bedspreads or anything else. The place was great at first but has slowly gone down hill. I agree with the other person who had a bad stay here. 1. Things will be broken down. 2. Mary Lynne will not respond kindly, called me a liar to my face when I told her the Jacuzi was not working. 3. The trains do run often. 4.You will be locked out of your room. 5. Don't bother writing corperate or local, they don't care.6. Don't expect to get anything fixed while you are there, I was there for 5 days and the computer line and jacuzi remained broken. 7. Expect cock roaches and other pest in your room. (personal experience)8. DO NOT EXPECT an apology from Mary Lynne or any refund etc. for a horible stay. 9.Just drive a few minutes further to one of the many hotels along the interstate, even if you pay $5 or $10 more it will definately be worth not having a bad stay here. My whole family that comes from 4 different states now make other arrangements. I don't care what Mary thinks the rating is here, it is a below average hotel with above avg. prices. Sorry but TRUE!

Room Tip: If you end up here, good luck.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank HonestAbe_11
Raytown, Missouri
Reviewed 6 September 2011

We were apart of a wedding party that took over the hotel Labor day weekend.

I have never in my life had such a great experience in a hotel. From booking our rooms to leaving at the end of our stay.

Everything was great and above and beyond any hotel stay I have ever had!

In today's social media world I did take the extra time to make my thoughts and praise known. If there was a special way I could thank Mary Lynn and Jennifer I would love to make them know how spectacular these two women were, and how they really made the difference in our stay! For these two women to work so hard to make us so happy is so rare to see these days. The attention to detail and wonderful service received was better than 5 star hotels I have stayed at in New York and Chicago.

(There was another lady that was very sweet, but I can not remember her name. )

The cozy beds, free wifi, hot breakfast of waffles, biscuits and gravy, eggs and sausage, fruit and even cold cereal were all available. I had never heard of Americainn I can not believe what a high bar this hotel has put my standards!

We stayed in a regular double queen room and a suite. So I can say that both rooms were great!

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone. That is looking for great service at a great price, with hospitality fit for a Queen!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank onecagertiger
Quincy, Illinois
Reviewed 24 May 2011

This really was a nice hotel. From the staff to the cleanliness of the room and hotel all the way down to the breakfast the next morning. All was wonderful. We were staying there because my neice graduated from high school that night and my brother had many of us there from out of town for the graduation. We all stayed at the same place. My brother and his family live in the area so they made the reservation ahead of time for a block of rooms. Everyone said the same thing: that all rooms were very clean and nice and staff all very helpful. I will be staying there again in the future. I could stay with my family but with a hotel like that so close by I think I opt for the hotel. I felt spoild and pampered there and very well taken care of...***** five stars all the way:)

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Jillebeans
Saint Charles, Missouri
Reviewed 11 April 2011

Customer relations are horrible. We booked 3 rooms there so we could be with a family member being set up with hospice. This was THE MOST horrible experience we have EVER had. I think the front desk staff is inexperienced, temper mental and overall extremely rude! You will NEVER see a smile on their faces or any indication saying they welcome you there. They don't like children. This is NOT a family friendly hotel, and if they personally don't like you, they will charge your credit card and ask you to leave before you can even sleep there. This location has a nice smoking area set up out in front with benches and ashtrays. However, if the staff on shift is anti smoking and you sit in this area they will yell rudely at you, tell you to smoke somewhere else, call the police then ask you to leave the hotel, and send you and any other rooms associated with you on your way with no place to stay. During one of our family members stays the night before there were 2 cars were broken into in the parking lot. The keys to your room will need to be taken to the front desk and reset several times during your stay. When the a/c didn't work, they refuse to address the issue! They have no management and no maintenance people, and the front desk doesn't want to be put out by talking to you! They yell in your face, slam things on counters and walk away if you inconvenience them. Please stay elsewhere; this is NOT where to spend your hard-earned money!!!

Room Tip: don't smoke in smoking area or take young kids
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank sjhenson6
holliea, Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Republic, responded to this review, 22 April 2011
The AmericInn in Republic, Missouri has a monthly average customer satisfaction rating of 97%. This one family had a bad experience and it escalated out of control for a number of reasons. We have families staying with us all the time for a variety of reasons...birthdays, weddings, family reunions, funerals, and have always made them feel comfortable and welcome. We are one of the few hotels today who still offer smoking rooms. For those who do not wish to go to their room to smoke, we do ask them to smoke outside but we do not have what we call a designated smoke area. We do have a sitting area at the front entrance of the hotel that is available for all of our guests to use, smokers and non-smokers.

No cars were broken into in our parking lot and the owners of these cars were not related to the guests who have written this review. It was determined that the severe storm that came through on Friday, April 8, 2011, caused the damage to the cars.

We do have management and maintenance on staff, they just were not available at the time of this incident. Once again, the AmericInn Republic has a very high average on our guest satisfaction surveys for the "can-do" attitude of the staff.

This hotel comes highly recommended by a number of repeat guests and we encourage anyone looking for a comfortable stay to give us a call. We are America's Welcoming Neighbor!!
Indiana
Reviewed 1 April 2011

I visited the AmericInn Lodge as a business traveler. The room was very clean and the beds were very large and comfortable. Unfortunately the location is one of the worst that I can think of. There is an extremely active rail line right next to the Inn. Trains run around the clock about every two hours in both directions. Since I stayed 10 consecutive days, I can vouch for a drop off in activity Saturday night to Sunday about noon. The staff was friendly and responsive. I am a historically sound sleeper after the first night or two at a hotel but I was never able to sleep an entire night without being awoken at least two times.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank steelfish5
Overland Park, KS
Reviewed 18 November 2009

We had the most enjoyable stay at this hotel. The staff was very friendly from the moment I booked a reservation until we left on Sunday morning. The room was great. Nice to have the convenience of a fridge, microwave and a coffee pot with real coffee cups. The breakfast was very good in the morning, and someone watching over to make sure everything was just perfect for all.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Republic
Best Western Plus Springfield Airport Inn
Hotel Vandivort
Hotel Vandivort
#2 of 49 in Springfield
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites- Mount Vernon

Been to AmericInn Lodge & Suites Republic? Share your experiences!