“Great stay for the bargain rate!”

Dollar Inn Hot Springs
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Hot Springs
Jacksonville, Arkansas
“Great stay for the bargain rate!”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Shah and his lovely wife do a fine job at this little motel. Located just south of Wind Cave, it is in the quaint little town Hot Springs, near several museums, the Mammoth Site, Wild Horse Sanctuary, and other attractions. Access to early coffee/breakfast is a 3 minute walk down the hill to a local family owned restaurant and the mini-mart/fuel station across the street (I was down there by 5:30 daily). There are no bells and whistles at the motel, but I don't want them. Rooms in Rapid City exceed $129 a night. For under $80 my family had a double + a roll-away. This was my 3rd stay, and I plan to return next summer. Easy access to everything in RC either via 79, or my preferred route, 385 over Wind Cave (where the buffalo roam in the street!)

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank James G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Polish first
middletown, ct
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Nice stay, but this motel is only average, at best. The gentleman at the front desk was really nice and helpful. The room was OK, but was about 90 degrees when we walked in. The AC did it's job within an hour or so. The floor had a crack or hole in it or something, felt like I was going to fall through. The wi-fi didn't quite work as I had hoped. Breakfast was not good--just donuts and cereal. I'd stay somewhere else next time I'm in town.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Stayed here on my way to Mount Rushmore like many of the visitors(see TripAdvisor). We called and got a room at a great price considering the other rates in the area.
The room was all that we needed and clean. Shah(Owner) was attentive and we stayed with no problems. The magic began once we left.
I'm about 1 hour away and realize my camera that I've been traveling with for 6 months is gone. We call the Inn and Shah searches the room, but can't find it. I'm having a meltdown at Mount Rushmore and finally give up hope. Fast forward to 6PM that same afternoon and Shah calls from his cell saying he has my camera. At this point we're in Badlands about 3 hours away. We're driving cross country so it would've set us back 6 hours.
Not only does he ship the camera and Dollar Inn t-shirt, but he agrees to use my choice of payment to him. I arrive back in Connecticut and the camera is just how I left it.
I'm not sure his background in hospitality, but this is truly the place to stay if you're going to visit Mount Rushmore, Black Hills, or Badlands.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank langan15
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Don't let the name fool you. Rates are very reasonable and it was a quality place to stay. Very friendly staff, quiet rooms. Rooms were also very clean. Staff were very knowledgeable of area attractions. Would not hesitate to stay there again when in the area.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Delton, Michigan
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Recently I stumbled across a business card from the Dollar Inn in Hot Springs, SD where I stayed some two years ago. I remember the place being such a good value, and so surprisingly clean and nice inside that I had glowingly mentioned it to the owner. He had given me the business card and said to come back. There are quite a few motels in this area of South Dakota that are questionable at best, nightmarish at worst. This isn't one of them! If you don't mind simple, clean comfort, then you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Breakfast was quite unusual and good. Not standard, small motel fare.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tom N
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 30 October 2013

My friends and I stayed at Dollar Inn Hot Springs when we were visiting South Dakota. We had visited Mt.Rushmore, Crazy Horse Memorial and Custer State Park, and were looking for a place to rest for a night. This place fit the bill perfectly! It was roughly an hour from Mt.Rushmore, and Wind Cave National Park was less than twenty minutes away!
I think we paid $50 for a night. The room was spacious and had a microwave, TV and a fridge. Housekeeping could have been a little better however (the bathroom was a little dusty).
Breakfast was OK with limited options (this is a family run motel - so one really can't expect too much). The manager of the motel was very friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay again!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank theonlytraveler
Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed 20 October 2013

My family went on a trip to the Hot Springs / Black Hills area in September 2013. We wanted to locate a convenient, affordable motel near the Custer State Park area and my sister found the Dollar Inn; We liked the reviews and the price range ($50 range for family of 3). And we found the Dollar Inn to be all the great things we enjoy in our trips away. It was very comfortable and clean for a super price. Great TV selection, plenty of shops and cafes to dine at nearby (also Pizza Hut delivers the late night pizza!), location was just lovely and it was so convenient for our trek to Custer State Park and Wind Cave National Park. The manager was very friendly and helpful. We enjoyed our stay very much and we'd love to stay there again next time we're in the Hot sSprings area!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family