you're probably reading this review because the Vienna Wolf Trap was the lowest priced hotel in the DC area. on the OTHER hand, If you're like my wife and are concerned with upscale amenities, modern decor, and central location please stop reading and add about $50 more dollars to your budget for someplace else. Now if you're a cheapo, not particularly picky, or just a guy like me that doesn't mind a low priced place to get 6 hours of shut eye then continue reading.
unlike higher priced motels Vienna VA is about 17 miles away from DC. It's located right off of i-66/i-495. The Vienna metro station is located a little over a mile from the hotel. Just take Nutley st. to Virginia Center Blvd to use the park and ride. (You can park all day for less than $5) This in itself was extremely convenient to me. If you're a DC tourist the Orange line will take you directly to popular stops like Smithsonian (National Mall) and Capitol South (Capitol Building). There's a gas station nearby for a fillup too.
As for the hotel itself it's a very basic 2 story "enter from outdoors" building that's been around for a while. Even with the card entry upgrade it's not tough to imagine someone your grandparent's age staying here. The amenities are simple and the room was clean. There were no foul odors which is typical of cheap hotels. The bed was clean and comfy enough for a night's rest. Tub, sink, and toilet were spotless, carpet clean, and no random debris. Very clean. The towels are typical of a hotel this cheap (gritty and thin) but this isn't the Hilton Garden! ;-)
The man at the reception desk was friendly and billingual. A minimal continental breakfast is served which pretty much consisted of juice, coffee, bagels, danishes, and apples. Just enough to get something in your belly. Coffee wasn't bad either. I'd request something on the lower level next time as i wasn't able to park anywhere near my room but that's not a huge deal. Overall it was a great experience. simple, inexpensive, and basic. would reccomend to fellow cheapos
TIP: you are provided two bottled waters. take one or both with you to conquer DC.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If you're looking for a clean and reliable place to stay in Vienna Virginia, the charming Vienna Wolf Trap Hotel is the perfect choice. Located close to the Washington DC Metro with easy access to the Wolf Trap Performing Arts Center and Tyson's Corner Center shopping mall, you'll enjoy free continental breakfast and complimentary wireless internet all at an affordable price. With friendly service and free parking, you won't find a better deal in the heart of Vienna Virginia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Vienna Wolf Trap Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vienna Wolftrap Hotel Vienna
- Vienna Wolf Trap Hotel VA - Fairfax County