“Out dated decor, and ok service” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ristorante Bonaroti

Ristorante Bonaroti
Reserve with OpenTable
Ristorante Bonaroti is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 179 Restaurants in Vienna
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: East Street
“Out dated decor, and ok service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

We arrived on a Friday night and were quickly seated. I immediately noticed the stains on my chair and outdated wallpaper. Our server was rude and quickly went over the specials, but didn't really sell us on anything. When asked what his favorite dish was, he replied with a smart remark is this your first time here. Felt like locals place, and we were not welcomed at all. Food was just ok as well. Our food arrived cold, and our waiter never came to check on our dinners or refill water/wine.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Lauren P

Pittsburgh
“Long history of good service and great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

I have been coming to this restaurant for 20 years. The service and food are always very solid and never disappoints. The downside is as other reviewers have noted the lack of a waiting area or bar to sit and wait for the table. The good news is that they strive to have your table waiting for you at your reservation time so don't arrive too early. We had a table for 7 during Christmas week so the restaurant was typically busy. we had to wait about 5 minutes for the table past the reservation time so that was not too bad. The restaurant has a series of interconnected rooms so some tables are more private than others. Ours was in between two rooms but we never felt like we were in a runway. We had a series of appetizers including some off the extensive "specials" offered. An avocado salad (a traditional calabrese salad with avocados) was very good as were the oysters. The antipasto was fresh and flavorful but traditional and not very interesting. I had a special Oso bucco and it was very good but the bow tie pasta was ordinary. Other guests picked from the extensive fish offerings and they reported them as wonderful. We had a tiramisu and a few other deserts to share and they were all great. The waiter finished are meal with complimentary Sambuca and Lemoncello which were appreciated. This was an over the top celebration with 3 bottles of wine and pre-dinner cocktails so the bill ended up near a $100 per person but I'd say that a normal tab would be $70 per person. We hung around for more than 2 hours and were never pressed or hurried by the staff. I have hosted a number of group lunches here over the years and have never been disappointed with the food or service.

1 Thank Terry P
mclean virginia
“christmas humbug”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2014

Iwent with a friend to this restaurant for christmas as I have done before,but upon entering the tiny and hence crowwded waiting room I remebered the horror of last christmas.Like last christmas the waiting area was crowded and once you struggled to check in you were forgotten and left to fend for yourself.They dont call names soyou have to be pushy and rude on christmas.I had to wait 25 minutes (and that standing with sciatica)pushed into other patrons.When I finally was seated the waiter took offense at my complaint of having to wain 25 minutesto be seated. The food was great except that they skimped on the calamari.But having endured purgatory two christmases I will go elsewhere this year.

Leesburg, Virginia
“Best Italian food around!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

My family and I have been going to Bonaroti's for as long as I can remember. The food has stayed consistently above the local par. Fresh flavors and a pleasant atmosphere really make fore a great night. The owner, Sergio, runs a tight ship which helps ensure quality. I have yet to have a bad meal after years of outstanding food here. Give it a try, it is pricey but you'll see that it is worth every penny.

• Visited November 2013
virginia
“Been going here since 1982”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2013

THE place to go, best kept secret in northern Virginia . Repeated my spaghetti Chris Cooley , good lord it's good, nice brunelo, and a reserve chianti . Appetizer was beef carpaccio , they have the best parmesean . Bread refills 3 times, tiramisu all homemade, prices are fair. This place never disappoints , never. Wife had rib eye in a cream and port sauce, gave me a piece, fantastic, their corbanara is to die for, u can get a half order of just about anything as a appetizer. Same owner, Sergio since it opened. This is the place joe Gibbs would take prospective redskin players to, have seen many redskins players dine their. Can't miss them. Menu inside a menu, plus daily specials, too many choices.

• Visited November 2013