“Not as good as it wants to be”
Review of Bazin's on Church

Bazin's on Church
Reserve with OpenTable
Bazin's on Church is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 186 Restaurants in Vienna
Price range: US$30 - US$60
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: Bazin's on Church offers a contemporary American menu featuring organic and seasonal ingredients. The wine bar features a collection of wonderful wines from around the world, with an emphasis on California. Bazin's recently received the 2014 Wine Spectator Award for Excellence. We have over 400 wines to choose from. Upon being diagnosed with Celiac Disease several years ago, Chef and Owner Patrick Bazin has created an entire gluten-free dining menu. Rather than modifying current dishes to meet dietary restrictions he has created fresh and innovative dishes to please everyone's palate. Whether you too have to modify your diet or just choose to follow the gluten free lifestyle you'll enjoy these changes to our menu.
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Bazin's has fancy menus with prices that omit the decimal point, and a book-length wine-list, but it's not that special.

I had a steak with garlic fries. The steak was cooked correctly and tasted fine, but the presentation and quality was basically comparable to Outback, only much more expensive. The key lime pie was disappointing - not creamy enough in texture. The service was friendly, but the server was not that attentive and the staff was less than most high-end restaurants have.

It's a nice restaurant, but I expected more than just a run-of-the-mill dining experience for the prices charged.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

My wife always gets on my case about never liking the food at restaurants. There are so many attributes for restaurants but for me the final question is "is the food good?" In so many cases the answer is no, esp in the DC area. We went to Brazin's as a pre-Wolf Trap meal and my expectations were low as we are in the DC area, the benchmark for poor food. But we arrived to good service, great bread (a key indicator for me along with the taste of the butter. Why is it that France and Italy can get butter right but the US cannot?) and my meal was very good. I tasted my wife's veal and it was also very good. She loved the crab appetizer but I cannot eat crab. So this is a nice place with good food! Might be the first one in all of DC. Prices were a little steep for the area but we will return. Wait staff was ok, needs a little more training on menu familiarity and noting when a table is in the middle of a conversation so they can work without interrupting. At this price the staff should be a notch better.

1  Thank Pjay99
Reviewed 17 June 2014

A friend found this unique little restaurant in Vienna, VA. It has now become "our" place to meet for dinner. The menu is varied and even offers gluten free entrees. The service is top notch, friendly wait staff, the food is absolutely wonderful. What a great find!

Dinner at Bazin's tomorrow evening. Can't wait.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

It's not a large restaurant and it was a bit noisy but the service more than made up for that! The food was good--the appetizers looked so good that I had 2 of them as my meal. The waiter recommended a wonderful Malbec to go with my dinner when I described to him that I wanted something heavier than a Pinot Noir--PERFECT! The chocolate dessert was to die for and we split one for our table of 4. Be sure to get a reservation as even Wednesday evenings had a wait.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

I've been to Bazin's a couple of times in the last month. It's always an excellent meal. They have a nice variety of gluten free menu options and they will make adjustments to your menu selection to accommodate dietary restrictions, including creating a fun alcohol-free cocktail. Just ask and they will bring you a fantastic meal/drink. This will continue to be a favorite in Vienna.